Lilith

Army 6 Bugs & Suggestions

619 posts in this topic

It will take some time getting used to this new look and layout, but what happened to the PDF generator?! That was the best thing about Army5! :streaming-mad:

Also shame the fluff and pictures were removed.

The print function still lets you create PDFs, but I did like the old system better. Hopefully it will get tweaked some down the line or else I am just missing something. 

I guess it depends on your PC, I can't print PDF. And what you can print doesn't even have the weapon charts :(

Windows 10 includes a 'print to pdf' function already , but if your on a different version of windows (or a different platform) theres many little bits of software to export to a pdf as a printing option. Googling 'Print to PDF' gives you no end of options.

Not had a look at Army VI yet, so cant tell you how well they work in this regard.

Hope that helps.

I'm pretty sure they'll reintegrate it as it was a very useful feature. Give them time to iron out the kinks first and then move on to additional features.

There's bound to be some glitches, they'll be eliminated. Two minor things I see: drawing units between groups is a bit wonky (units in 2nd group don't move to show you where your new unit will be placed), and Filter Reset button won't work, you have to manually deselect chosen filtering options.

I really like the performance improvement. However the UI currently still feels a bit off at some points (Drag and dropping units from combat groups, etc.) Also I have not yet tested exporting to PDF - but the preview of PDFs I got, were always strange...

@Lilith: How about renaming this thread for general Army 6 Bugs & Suggestions? We could include all we can find in one place.

Another bug for the MO list: Magister Knights are counted when calculating Order & Confrere Knights - they used to be completely separate from that calculation.

edit: and while Magisters are counted to Order/Confrere system, Hospitallers are not. Seems like they were switched here.

Currently unable to print in any format either full or courtesy list. 

Love the new interface. Saving locally and on the ITS cloud is cool.

But, Unit Symbols and Stats do show up when I press print.

I cant log in to Army VI or the main site? Despite reseting my password

In print there is no names of units nor order count etc. Logos, skills and weapon names are displayed properly.

I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer and I can't print on the Army list on either

Chrome - Shows unit logos and equipment/skills but nothing else, no stats, nothing. Unusable

Internet explorer - I don't even get logos, it's just totally blank

Some issues I found:

• Tooltips seem to be disabled on standard. I think they should be enabled, to make it easier to make sense of all those buttons.
  • The options menu on the right hand side is not in the most intuitive spot. It took me quite a while to notice it. This is suboptimal, as several very important features are hidden in there. It's also a bit annoying to have it there when you're using Windows 8 (kinda "have to" on my laptop), as moving your mouse to the right border of the screen opens a windows menu. A cogwheel symbol somewhere in the main area would be a lot more obvious, I think.
  • The button to delete a unit from your list only appears when you hover your mouse over that unit. It is also pale blue on a pale blue background, thus hard to see even if your mouse is in the right spot. I think it should be changed to a more visible color, and be always visible, not just on mouseover.

Already reported by others:

• I also agree that the "save as PDF" button is sorely missed. Sure, I can print and then select "Save as PDF" there, but that's a whole bunch of extra clicks. 
  • Printing is, of course, crucial, so thank you for not deleting Army 5 the moment you uploaded 6!

6 hours ago, Berynius said:

I cant log in to Army VI or the main site? Despite reseting my password

Most people have two accounts, one for ITS/main site, and another for this forum.  I'm guessing you've been attempting to use your forum ID.

9 hours ago, Stiopa said:

How about renaming this thread for general Army 6 Bugs & Suggestions? We could include all we can find in one place.

Done :)

8 hours ago, RogueJello said:

Most people have two accounts, one for ITS/main site, and another for this forum.  I'm guessing you've been attempting to use your forum ID.

I found the problem at somepoint either me or Army Vi inserted a space in my email due to the small font size I at first didnot discover this. (The error contiuned be course I then saved the email add. in to chormes autotfill) 

I just tried using the print and ITS friendly, and got a whole lot of blank.

Well, not just blank. Regular version shows the unit logo and what equipment/weapons they have, but nothing else.

ITS friendly gives me 21 blanks sheets of paper to print. Not kidding.

Twenty-one. Sheets. Totally Blank.

I... I just don't.... wuh...? :huh:

The Oznat Profile in the MAF doesn´t have the "morat" special skill, making her disappear when filtering ^^

Tooltips on various buttons would be really nice. Now I'm just guessing, and the pictures aren't always intuitive.

5 minutes ago, Zsolt said:

Tooltips on various buttons would be really nice. Now I'm just guessing, and the pictures aren't always intuitive.

there is a "show tooltips" checkbox in options

30 minutes ago, sebbeklang said:

there is a "show tooltips" checkbox in options

Cool. Where are the options?

Just now, Zsolt said:

Cool. Where are the options?

bottom right :)