Nazroth

"I AM NOMAD" WINNERS LIST is here! [1st post]

185 posts in this topic

I love how dense you have been this entire campaign, Fuyu. 

Considering the things that didn't get through to you during this campaign, I have little confidence in any of your observations regarding your own faction or the campaign in general. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Alexb83 said:

Regarding Agoge, what is there to say?

We won it back from CA. We always knew Ariadna would make a move because of the need to control 2 areas to 'win' a zone. Being pragmatic we invited them IC to come and help as it would offer them a 'fluff' out to explain their actions.

Do you remember all the back and forth about the node being compromised? That was the line we were going with to take Agoge before your call for aid, before the reveal of the Combined army's control of the area even. We're Werewolves Alex, not vampires, we don't actually need an invite to cross your threshold. ;) 

 

@Yasashii FuyuLazy or fake doesn't really matter, They're impossible to tell apart and BoW said far before day 1 that some reports wouldn't meet the minimum criteria to be considered a valid source from the point of view of an "AI historian". There are other abuses of the system, not specific to any one faction, one that irritates me is the use of videos entirely unrelated to Infinity, Music videos I get, some of 'em even fit well with a theme, but I've seen Simpsons clips, videogame lets plays, meme videos and a lot of "error" videos I can only assume are random letters thrown in to trigger the 5xp boost.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scorch said:

I love how dense you have been this entire campaign, Fuyu. 

Considering the things that didn't get through to you during this campaign, I have little confidence in any of your observations regarding your own faction or the campaign in general. 

Well i second, all of his assertions of the Yu jing general strategy. If it doesnt fit your narrative we are sorry we arent the villains you wanted us to be.

Everyone got setbacks in the campaign but only nomads and haqquislam seem to still use them as excuses and conspiracys against them.

Lets have a quick recap of the campaign, pano and nomads came out swinging. Pano then came to a screeching halt at antela after realizing they couldnt take it easily. Nomads  were busy in their Faux alliance with haquislam and lead the campaign at that point. Then came yu jings assault at narooma and we were barely capable of breaking their defense dispite having a larger pool of players. Then came the nomad assault on zhurong, which caught us with our pants down and forced us to pretty much abandon narooma and return to zhurong.

This is the moment when antela opened and nomads started getting bitter and started with the conspiracy theories. As all invasions before their's got dragged into a stalemate and slowly yu jing rose as the victor with a slight lead on overall points.

Then came the alliances which as we were then painted as the villain mainly by our lead in points resulted in no one but aleph willing to ally us. We chose to do it even if that meant sharing control of something we fought tooth and nail for. Luckily it was the right choice in the end as the rumored nomad haqq alliance in tianxiang actually came out in zhurong.

Then came what we thought would be the final stalemate, only broken by the coding bugs and the release of new zones. In this final form we got thwarted at onza by haqq and our own allies and threatened in overall points by a renergized pano final push that has since claimed two zones, deus vulting all around. So tell us again how the game is rigged for hyperpowers? Or is it that since you didnt get your way now everything is wrong?

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Scorch said:

I love how dense you have been this entire campaign, Fuyu. 

Considering the things that didn't get through to you during this campaign, I have little confidence in any of your observations regarding your own faction or the campaign in general. 

In one thread you claim I am stepping over the line and insult others, and in the next you do it yourself? Whooooops...there goes the last shred of respect I had left for you out of the window...

 

48 minutes ago, cazboab said:

 

@Yasashii FuyuLazy or fake doesn't really matter, They're impossible to tell apart and BoW said far before day 1 that some reports wouldn't meet the minimum criteria to be considered a valid source from the point of view of an "AI historian". There are other abuses of the system, not specific to any one faction, one that irritates me is the use of videos entirely unrelated to Infinity, Music videos I get, some of 'em even fit well with a theme, but I've seen Simpsons clips, videogame lets plays, meme videos and a lot of "error" videos I can only assume are random letters thrown in to trigger the 5xp boost.

Well to each his own I guess.... I still expect the AI historian to rampage through all reports, and then all the cheaters/fake reports/lazy gits will get punished for it, and we all will have to deal with it in one way or another. I personally don't care about the videos, some of those non related videos were actually quite funny, and who seriously gives a crap about the 5 exp in the end, if you want to make it to General Rank you'll need waaaay more than that, and if you want to be top General.....you'd need 40+ battle reports, at which point you can add whatever the hell you want to your videos from my point of view, because you're basically already wired to an Infinity table at that point anyways ;-P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yasashii Fuyu said:

Well to each his own I guess.... I still expect the AI historian to rampage through all reports, and then all the cheaters/fake reports/lazy gits will get punished for it, and we all will have to deal with it in one way or another. I personally don't care about the videos, some of those non related videos were actually quite funny, and who seriously gives a crap about the 5 exp in the end, if you want to make it to General Rank you'll need waaaay more than that, and if you want to be top General.....you'd need 40+ battle reports, at which point you can add whatever the hell you want to your videos from my point of view, because you're basically already wired to an Infinity table at that point anyways ;-P

The inconsequentiality of the 5xp is exactly what irritates me about it, its pointless to do and to me it sortof takes away from the guys like KiltedTech or Cabaray that are actually working for those 5 measly points...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering your continued behaviour during this campaign, earning your respect is not on my list. 

22544-rnE90gif-yM9i.gif

Edit: I'm tired of you pulling the victim card whenever someone calls you on something that you continue to do yourself. :) Your (and many other's as well) attitude to consider everything that isn't disallowed as legal by default, and calling everybody a jerk when they do not accept or share that perspective, is one of the very reasons this campaign went to the shitter. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cazboab said:

Do you remember all the back and forth about the node being compromised? That was the line we were going with to take Agoge before your call for aid, before the reveal of the Combined army's control of the area even. We're Werewolves Alex, not vampires, we don't actually need an invite to cross your threshold. ;) 

 

@Yasashii FuyuLazy or fake doesn't really matter, They're impossible to tell apart and BoW said far before day 1 that some reports wouldn't meet the minimum criteria to be considered a valid source from the point of view of an "AI historian". There are other abuses of the system, not specific to any one faction, one that irritates me is the use of videos entirely unrelated to Infinity, Music videos I get, some of 'em even fit well with a theme, but I've seen Simpsons clips, videogame lets plays, meme videos and a lot of "error" videos I can only assume are random letters thrown in to trigger the 5xp boost.

I know that. We just figured we would give Ariadna the chance to look like heroes helping o-13/ALEPH to hold back the CA rather than douchebags trying to grab territory like one of the hyperpowers

So much for that, eh?

26 minutes ago, cazboab said:

The inconsequentiality of the 5xp is exactly what irritates me about it, its pointless to do and to me it sortof takes away from the guys like KiltedTech or Cabaray that are actually working for those 5 measly points...

You don't,  really. I got to general with still only 3 battle reports to my name. I was at brigadier in the first 10 days. Never linked a single video.

I don't see the big deal with them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Tenzer said:

@Praying Seraph regarding Admiral JCJF:

 

Nazroth was trying still to have a somewhat PC-attitude on that respective player at the beginning of his post.

Sadly both that respective players efforts, communication approach and offensive attitude he had expressed during the campaign against fellow players (of other factions) offensively didn't leave much room to stay PC in Nazroths comment. I'd cut him some slack here. 

There's an individual amount of smack everybody can take, but at a certain threshold adequate responses are natural.

I was not attacking Nazroth, I like Nazroth as well. I only addressed a few of his points which I think another perspective is needed. Nothing of what I said was attacking Nazroth.

However I will say that many if not most people on here have had a much more hostile attitude during this campaign. Hell sometimes it seems like there is some mob-mentality going on in the forums. I often see posts aimed at JCJF or others in which my first thoughts are "Oh look, pot calling the kettle black". Not because I have anything against the players doing it, I really don't, it's just the Flamia forums can get pretty nasty, and only have gotten worse the longer the campaign went. I am guilty of some of this too! My point was that for now, it is best to give criticism towards BoW for allowing this mess to occur when it should not have. I do advocate constructive criticism of course...but it is often tempting to put a much more hostile response.

 

7 hours ago, John Tenzer said:

And this is also the other players rights to express, NOT JCJFs alone!


I never objected to this...I was merely giving my opinion.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way a lot of threads seem to dissolve into heated ad-hominem discussions is really unfortunate.  

This campaign has really done a lot for infinity, as a whole. More games were played, more players played, more armies built/bought/painted, and I'm willing to bet that everyone who played these games probably learned something about the game too. 

Could the powers that be have done a better job? Absolutely. 
Could they have anticipated the amount of abuses of their campaign system? I doubt it. 
Whatever system they could have drawn up, someone would have figured out how to game it, and try to win (because, really, that's what wargamers do, we read through the rules until we find a winning combination and exploit it.)
If they made the system too secure, they would have been complaints that it wasn't accessible enough. 

This campaign, like most, was based on the honor system. Which works only until one person decides it's not for them. 
 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, PrayingSeraph said:

I never objected to this...I was merely giving my opinion.

As was I.

I also didn't understand your post as an impulsive attack on him to be honest. If that would be the case and I'd step in to distribute verbal black eyes you'd have noticed by now. I am sure of that.

;)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Tenzer said:

As was I.

I also didn't understand your post as an impulsive attack on him to be honest. If that would be the case and I'd step in to distribute verbal black eyes you'd have noticed by now. I am sure of that.

;)

Heh fair enough  B)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yasashii Fuyu - after reading what you've just wrote I'm pretty sure you did not read all the posts regarding the matter here in the topic. I don't know how else to react to your small rant. I love that you love whatever...

1 hour ago, Greysturm said:

Well i second, all of his assertions of the Yu jing general strategy. If it doesnt fit your narrative we are sorry we arent the villains you wanted us to be.

Everyone got setbacks in the campaign but only nomads and haqquislam seem to still use them as excuses and conspiracys against them.

Lets have a quick recap of the campaign, pano and nomads came out swinging. Pano then came to a screeching halt at antela after realizing they couldnt take it easily. Nomads  were busy in their Faux alliance with haquislam and lead the campaign at that point. Then came yu jings assault at narooma and we were barely capable of breaking their defense dispite having a larger pool of players. Then came the nomad assault on zhurong, which caught us with our pants down and forced us to pretty much abandon narooma and return to zhurong.

This is the moment when antela opened and nomads started getting bitter and started with the conspiracy theories. As all invasions before their's got dragged into a stalemate and slowly yu jing rose as the victor with a slight lead on overall points.

Everything sounds legit except the fact that the factor that stoped our assault was not of your or any other faction's doing. It was a third party - and untill then - nothing like that actually happened before. Also the sole reason to assault Zhurong was to free some pressure from Narooma, in addition to more fluffy reasons. And it succeded 100% - proof is on the Operation Flamestrike's fron page.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Alexb83 said:

I know that. We just figured we would give Ariadna the chance to look like heroes helping o-13/ALEPH to hold back the CA rather than douchebags trying to grab territory like one of the hyperpowers

So much for that, eh?

@Alexb83 sorry for that mate. We at High Command went into that deal with our fingers crossed behind our backs. Conquering Agoge was in the works way before it even opened. With or without Aleph. IC we just do not consider you guys human, and think you want to overlord us, or let us lowtechs die for your own cause. So we did not trust you all that much. Nothing personal. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scorch said:

Edit: I'm tired of you pulling the victim card whenever someone calls you on something that you continue to do yourself. :) Your (and many other's as well) attitude to consider everything that isn't disallowed as legal by default, and calling everybody a jerk when they do not accept or share that perspective, is one of the very reasons this campaign went to the shitter. 

But Scorch, someone was wrong on the internet! They have to be corrected in as demeaning and public a fashion as possible...

1 hour ago, Alexb83 said:

I know that. We just figured we would give Ariadna the chance to look like heroes helping o-13/ALEPH to hold back the CA rather than douchebags trying to grab territory like one of the hyperpowers

So much for that, eh?

We're delaying the reactivation of a compromised facility which forms a part of the gestalt that runs all of the (non ariadnan) human economic and military infrastructure, until such time as it can be verified secure by something other than its own possibly infected aspects. Heroic? no, just common sense.(admittedly had flamestrike ended last week that would have looked better, but I guess O-12 is finding it difficult to approve and verify neutral technicians)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, raymon said:

@Alexb83 sorry for that mate. We at High Command went into that deal with our fingers crossed behind our backs. Conquering Agoge was in the works way before it even opened. With or without Aleph. IC we just do not consider you guys human, and think you want to overlord us, or let us lowtechs die for your own cause. So we did not trust you all that much. Nothing personal. 

You don't need to explain it, that's obvious.

Just don't expect me to be able to persuade the rest of team ALEPH to intervene on behalf of Ariadna next time PanO is poised to squash you.

Meanwhile, you still haven't won it. Hopefully the AI historian should level the scales soon enough.

5 minutes ago, cazboab said:

But Scorch, someone was wrong on the internet! They have to be corrected in as demeaning and public a fashion as possible.

We're delaying the reactivation of a compromised facility which forms a part of the gestalt that runs all of the (non ariadnan) human economic and military infrastructure, until such time as it can be verified secure by something other than its own possibly infected aspects. Heroic? no, just common sense.(admittedly had flamestrike ended last week that would have looked better, but I guess O-12 is finding it difficult to approve and verify neutral technicians)

Doesn't fly. We reactivated the node the moment we retook it. I even posted as much on here.

And who do you think are O-12s approved technicians except ALEPH's sophotects?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nazroth said:

@Yasashii Fuyu - after reading what you've just wrote I'm pretty sure you did not read all the posts regarding the matter here in the topic. I don't know how else to react to your small rant. I love that you love whatever...

Everything sounds legit except the fact that the factor that stoped our assault was not of your or any other faction's doing. It was a third party - and untill then - nothing like that actually happened before. Also the sole reason to assault Zhurong was to free some pressure from Narooma, in addition to more fluffy reasons. And it succeded 100% - proof is on the Operation Flamestrike's fron page.

Agreed you suceded no one denies that. However blaming aranda on all your setbacks  is a bit childish. Yes some players quitted after that punch but every time a faction had setbacks that made players quit, others like yourself and me kept fighting so in the end if you couldnt keep a coherent effort thats on you. They didnt take your wins away or blocked the theater so if you rallied instead of disbabd you might as well captured it for good .

 

I agree with a lot of your statements about the campaign, however i resent the acussation that scorch and yourself implied of the campaign being rigged as i have seen my faction struggle hard for what little sucess it has attained and i think everyone would be insulted if you implied the sane for any of their factions struggles.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alexb83 said:

Doesn't fly. We reactivated the node the moment we retook it. I even posted as much on here.

And who do you think are O-12s approved technicians except ALEPH's sophotects?

 

We cut it off before it could reintegrate. (are we really going to have the yeah but argument on this or just wait and see what CB decide happened?)

If they're the only technicians that would explain why they're having trouble finding neutral personnel to do it wouldn't it. There are minor nations that would have the ability, though ALEPH would object to allowing many of them in due to ties to the nomads, while we'd object to allowing others due to ties to PanO or YuJing, so it might take a while to agree on a team that neither of us are happy with to do the job. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Greysturm said:

Agreed you succeded no one denies that. However blaming Aranda on all your setbacks  is a bit childish. Yes, some players quit after that punch, but every time a faction had setbacks that made players quit, others like yourself and me kept fighting.

So in the end, if you couldn't keep a coherent effort, that's on you. They didn't take your wins away or blocked the theater, so if you rallied instead of disbanding, you might as well captured it for good .

 

I agree with a lot of your statements about the campaign, however i resent the acussation that scorch and yourself implied of the campaign being rigged as i have seen my faction struggle hard for what little success it has attained and i think everyone would be insulted if you implied the sane for any of their factions struggles.

 

Except the problems you as YuJing had to deal with were mostly caused by other players decisions/strategies, and not by BoWs direct or indirect meddling.

I am sorry to say that, but, you know:

 

Apples and Oranges...!  :S

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, John Tenzer said:

 

Except the problems you as YuJing had to deal with were mostly caused by other players decisions/strategies, and not by BoWs direct or indirect meddling.

I am sorry to say that, but, you know:

 

Apples and Oranges...!  :S

Okay explain to me how the appearance of a zone that no one had invested one game in, derailed the invasion of a zone not even related to it. If your only answer is psychological, then im sorry but its just an excuse you are hiding behind and looking at the data you decided to ignore it anyway so it didnt even split your active efforts.

Else explain why ariadna haqq pano and aleph managed to rally and capture zones when their oportunity presented itself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cazboab said:

We cut it off before it could reintegrate. (are we really going to have the yeah but argument on this or just wait and see what CB decide happened?)

If they're the only technicians that would explain why they're having trouble finding neutral personnel to do it wouldn't it. There are minor nations that would have the ability, though ALEPH would object to allowing many of them in due to ties to the nomads, while we'd object to allowing others due to ties to PanO or YuJing, so it might take a while to agree on a team that neither of us are happy with to do the job. 

So are you expressly saying, for the record, that Ariadna has taken the centre from ALEPH? (Based on the current score, which is still subject to change)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, with paintings of Wulvergirls alligning the halls, A big fireplace and me sitting on a big throne with my favorite Antipode at my side sayin: "Welcome to my crib, I heard you liked Nodes, So we put nodes in your nodes". 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'm going to say is that this Campaign was kinda like the Korean war (post China intervention)

Yu Jing/China took on a big-ass coalition (Nomad/USA main enemy force Haqq/Brits secondary enemy force Tohaa/SouthKorea punching bag that could and Ariana/Turkey who did nothing but was there) and proved that it could fight on the same level as

a) A faction with starting box

B) extra people

with only an ally Aleph/North Korea (sorry, if it's of any help I'm just talking in a geostrategical similarity, not on an ideological or competence level)

Meanwhile, the other big power (PanO/USSR) got big and took advantage of the other major powers bleeding each other white.

Hopefully, and to continue this silly and nonsensical historical similarity, the Nomads will have a Vietnam equivalent, probably over trading deals with Haqq, and PanO will have an Afghanistan equivalent, probably in Ariadna, and Yu Jing will emerge supreme.

Or some other shit. Which will be silly. But remember Nomad kids, next campaign you shouldn't dogpile on Yu Jing, next campaing it's PanO's turn to be dogpiled on.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit, did I just turn Bostria into Marshall Peng Dehuai and Magno into General Douglas MacArthur? Or would that go for the nº1 generals of each faction? And who would AdmiralJCJF be? Stalin? One of the randoms from the 64th Fighter Aviation Corps? Literally Hitler?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That'd be the most subtle Godwin I've ever seen. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexb83 said:

So are you expressly saying, for the record, that Ariadna has taken the centre from ALEPH? (Based on the current score, which is still subject to change)

Also the sky is blue, water is wet and the pope poops in the woods. Though you might want to check that last one...

 

1 hour ago, raymon said:

Yep, with paintings of Wulvergirls alligning the halls, A big fireplace and me sitting on a big throne with my favorite Antipode at my side sayin: "Welcome to my crib, I heard you liked Nodes, So we put nodes in your nodes". 

Nodes with an O. Oh dear. I misheard that I thought they said 'Nades. I'll call EOD...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now