buddajaxx

Stealthing into CC

Question

Ok so I think I know the answer and my buddy does too but he did ask where in the rulebook it says it and for the life of me I havnt a clue. So I thought to pop it on here in the hope of some Guru helping me out.

So my TO CAMO'd, stealth ninja was in such a place as to be able to get into close combat with my mates unlucky little line trooper. I could trace a line from the ninja to the other trooper so that I would go behind the troopers back and the trooper could not turn round as the ninja had stealth. So when the ninja attacked the other trooper could only make a CC attack, right? Well my mate said that he could declare a BS attack, as when you are in close combat the model gets 360 degree point-of-view, and at any point along the line it moved as the whole order happens at the same time. Could that happen, could he fire his main weapon at the ninja as the ninja closed in for CC? So what do you think then peeps?

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!

Was this all in one Order, with the Ninja starting in view of the enemy trooper? If so, the TO Camo marker representing the Ninja will count as having been revealed along it's entire movement path, allowing the line trooper to shoot. Note that Stealth will have no effect as it doesn't work in LoF of enemy troopers.

What would be possible is to move behind the line trooper with the first Order, then with the second Order the Ninja could move into base contact from behind.

• A trooper with Stealth that declares a Short Movement Skill or Cautious Movement within the Zone of Control of one or more enemies but outside their LoF does not grant AROs to those enemies, even if he reaches base contact with them.
  • However, if the second Short Skill of the Order is any non-Movement Skill, then those enemies can react normally in ARO.
  • If the Movement of the trooper with Stealth ends in base to base contact with an enemy and declares any non-Movement Short Skill, then the enemy can only declare CC Attack, Dodge, Reset, or those Skills that can be used in Engaged state.

(emphasis mine)

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Stealth

Did you move out of LoF all the time? If so, then only Engaged AROs. If you were visible at all (even in marker state), then he can BS attack as far as I know...

...and if you enter btb form out of LoS he can only declare cc or dodge. He does get 360° LoF, but limited to BtB when engaged...

Since you write that the model never got line of fire to the marker, the simple answer is that the enemy gets 360 while engaged. When engaged the enemy may not use BS attacks. Since you have stealth you will not provoke AROs until your next skill declaration. 

You will find this in the rules regarding stealth.

@det No, he can not declare any AROs, stealth denies AROs up to and including when you get in base contact, so he'll not get AROs until the Ninja declares his second skill or next order, which ever applies first (at which point cc attack and reset is also available) 

Not trying to hijack the thread, but in the same vein. I'm in Line of sight of the enemy, I'm a camo marker, and I engage him. He can shoot me right? But I keep my surprise attack mod?

36 minutes ago, Mahtamori said:

det No, he can not declare any AROs, stealth denies AROs up to and including when you get in base contact, so he'll not get AROs until the Ninja declares his second skill or next order, which ever applies first (at which point cc attack and reset is also available)

sure, I assumed the active player entered BtB with his first short move skill and then declares cc...but you're right, I should have said it better!

5 hours ago, tinfish said:

Not trying to hijack the thread, but in the same vein. I'm in Line of sight of the enemy, I'm a camo marker, and I engage him. He can shoot me right? But I keep my surprise attack mod?

Yes and yes. (Surprise Attack requires you to attack as your second short skill, of course.)