Nazroth

Corregidor Bases by Scar_hand Painting produced by MAS?

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Some of you may already know my Corregidor Bases. The initial idea appeared like two years ago, when I prepared a TUTORIAL: CONCRETE BASES and was polished since then. WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT MICRO ART STUDIO IS CONSIDERING TO PRODUCE A SERIE OF ROUND BASES DESIGNED BY ME? These would be inspired by my Concrete Bases, but this time I design them to look like the innards of Corregidor Jail Ship itself, with more detail and some interresting new features! Would you like to buy it?

Corregidor-Bases.jpg

Let me know what you think here, or in the comment section at MY WEBSITE

Good news: I have come into terms with MAS. I should receive 'bases' to work on ASAP, and require approximately two weeks to prepare the betas. Once MAS get's them - they will stock up with Corregidor Bases in a matter of a month.

Excellent news. 

Hmmmm - what can I do while I wait... 

Isn't there some new book coming out... 

A quick example of how I will expand the properties of Corregidor Bases in comparison to what I already showed, and it's just a first test of what can be done...

Nomad Rems.jpg

We count on you mate. Please make variety.

4x 55 , 8x 40 and 30x25mm

I want 

:P

The set I was asked to prepare was 12x25mm, 6x40mm, 4x55mm - BUT I also figured out an awesome thing: Instead of usual 'trash/can'weapon' that can be found permanently set into MAS's bases - I've figured that they could prepare a small sprue with such things to be randomly added to the Bases set. For example: ten different 'trash' bitz, from which two will be added at random to every Bases pack. I don't know if this works (MAS liked the idea) if so - there would be an infinite number of ways to customize all the bases!

The extra bits are a valid option, i think... We'll check it out :)

As for bigger sets - in all honesty, we won't ever make a set of 30x bases. It's unrealistic with the ammount of sets we offer. Thus said we'll try to successively introduce more round 55mm bases for Infinity bases sets.

Aand maybe a round 70mm, we'll have to talk about it with Nazroth.

What uses a 70mm base!? 

Do you know something we don't? 

The Maghariba Guard, since N3 came out. 

70mm - that would be sweet to design and prepare. Just purchase modelling materials for around 100€ for the sake of this adventure :)

20 hours ago, schoon said:

What uses a 70mm base!? 

Do you know something we don't? 

Just like IJW said ;)

S8 Maghariba Guard. 

Thanks - I wonder what else will eventually use 70mm bases ;)

I hope something will... it would be an awful shame to have a whole size of bases for just one model in one faction :(

Yep, count me in! I know they're intended for dirty stinking Nomads, but I think these will suit my Aleph nicely ;)

In few days I should receive a set of specially enlarged bases - to begin the process of creating Corregidor Bases Set :)

13 hours ago, Splod said:

Yep, count me in! I know they're intended for dirty stinking Nomads, but I think these will suit my Aleph nicely ;)

That shouldn't really be a problem since both factions have a long history of visiting each other ;)

Hey guys - it took some time but I finally got the templates to work upon. "It has begun!"

14040187_1150477271665731_68011179986886

Splendid :)

Though personally I'll be waiting for a Mosaic 70mm base (that's the pattern I'm using for my Caliphate troops).

Beautiful work on those! 

19 hours ago, Errhile said:

Splendid :)

Though personally I'll be waiting for a Mosaic 70mm base (that's the pattern I'm using for my Caliphate troops).

They should be up nexy month ;)

Excellent!

I guess I should be ordering a Maghariba soon, then :D