Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turbo_Otter

How do I build remotes?

14 posts in this topic

So I bought the remote set the other day... And I have no idea what to do. I say that, I'm pretty set on building one of them as an EVO Repeater. But what about the other? I've experienced the horrorshow that is the TR HMG remote at the hands of ALEPH but is it that horrible? Do I want it for myself? Is it worth it? Are there any other loadout that I've overlooked? I'm gonna give Remote Presence's episode on REMs another go while I wait for you guys to answer.

Thanks for your time, I haven't posted in a while but I like these forums almost as much as I like the game.

You need servo motors, an high power fusion battery and an alien AI determined to rule the world.

In alternative, have you thought about magnet so you can swap between models as you like?

I have, although I'm not entirely sure how I would make it work. I will definitely look into it though. Will I be screwing myself over completely if I just assemble the legs for them and leave the rest to magnets?

No, of course you need to assemble the basic "body" with glue as usual.

Only put magnets on the interchangeable parts of the body. (Usually weapons and antennas)

Here's how Toadchild did his:

For the drones, it's three pieces for the main body--two legs and the body. 

Edit:  If you haven't seen the parts themselves:

The drawing on the box for the T-Drone is deceptive.  That big huge missile launcher part is just an arm and it goes on normally.

Edited by solkan
Link to parts thread.

I magnetised the 'arms' and the EVO antenna on the back on my drones. 

Was a bit of a faff but worked fine.

I know that I am going off topic a little here but are the new drones any easier to construct than the old ones? I just assembled four of them and it was a total nightmare.

The old drones had more tiny fiddly bits, especially if you were trying to make the tentacles and tendrals look varied.  And I know I'm gradually losing the tendrals on the old drones.  :sad:

I think the new drones have more 'keyed' connection points, compared to ball joints on the old drones.  So I think the new ones went together more easily but might lose a little bit in variability of posing if you're making four of them.

But for what it's worth it's easy to get the legs mixed up if they get flipped upside down or something.

Edit:  I've got four old and two new, so far.  Can't quite decide whether I want to get max AVA or not...

The remotes are amazing at supporting your armies.

Q drone brings a whole new level of defense to your team.

M drone is a cheap fast spec unit for missions.

Evo is getting buffed soon 

R is a super cheap order.

The remotes are great for SUPPORTing your team in an area it needs help

Wether or not the Q drone is worth it... Mimetism, HMG and a supportware program... noone likes those odds. It's definately worth it

I found the metal to be too soft on the legs so it wasn't just a glue job but repair as well. Modding with small magnets was about as easy and required as much as drilling as the old drone model.(but easier guides for the pilot hole)

On 4/29/2016, 9:38:01, ScarrieUK said:

I magnetised the 'arms' and the EVO antenna on the back on my drones. 

Was a bit of a faff but worked fine.

Can I ask what size magnets you used?

14 hours ago, Endless said:

Can I ask what size magnets you used?

Quite small ones. I can't remember the exact size, 2mm round ones maybe. I'll have a look tonight when I get home. 

Sorry its taken awhile but I can confirm that I used 2mm magnets.

Tried to attach a picture but it's not playing ball.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0