Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dasaan

New Kosuil

35 posts in this topic

FB_IMG_1462622061386.jpg.252a8a0b521e975

She looks pretty hot.  I was a trifle worried we'd might get an arm swap on the other Kosuil.  But I really like what they've done here.  Tohaa panzerfausts looks great.  And the pose looks great.  Throwback to the N1/N2 "running urgently" poses, like the old Tiger Soldier and Bashi Bazouk.

I'm thinking Tohaa could actually use a STR unit, even if it wasn't a very good STR unit, to give a better reason to field the K1 Engineer Kosuil.  I can only imagine a couple cases (E/M, glue) where I'd wish I hadn't spent 3 more points on a Sukeul.  Madame Panzerfaust seems like *the* choice.

I'm also pleasantly surprised that we are getting more than an arm swap. I'll be fielding her for sure.

I really like the pose and model. I usually run the BSG Kosuil in my lists, so I'm going to pick this up, and it'll probably get used a lot more than the K1 CR model

Looks cool. Will add it to the shopping list!

Love the model, yet the pose bothers me a bit just standing on one foot like the Gao-Tarsos, which has been bothersome. 

8 hours ago, Dasaan said:

She looks pretty hot.  I was a trifle worried we'd might get an arm swap on the other Kosuil.  But I really like what they've done here.  Tohaa panzerfausts looks great.  And the pose looks great.  Throwback to the N1/N2 "running urgently" poses, like the old Tiger Soldier and Bashi Bazouk.

I'm thinking Tohaa could actually use a STR unit, even if it wasn't a very good STR unit, to give a better reason to field the K1 Engineer Kosuil.  I can only imagine a couple cases (E/M, glue) where I'd wish I hadn't spent 3 more points on a Sukeul.  Madame Panzerfaust seems like *the* choice.

I also really like this one, and I agree that they are capturing the older style of movement poses with digital sculpting techniques.

Aren't the new Kaauri Sentinals STR?

2 minutes ago, ToadChild said:

I also really like this one, and I agree that they are capturing the older style of movement poses with digital sculpting techniques.

They are bioconstructs?

7 minutes ago, ToadChild said:

Record I have is clearly W.  So unless something changed between Adepticon and now, no.  Kaauri are also LI, unhackable, and not Remote Presence, so if there's an error, it's likely the STR.  A CB word or HS Army 6 update will do the trick.

I'd welcome STR, though.  Coordinate advance 2-4 Kaauri with Kosuil triad for reparable mid table lockdown.

The Kaauri are also S1 unless that was a mistake...

I doubt they would have made 2 mistakes under the one profile.  Kaauri have W.  Looking through the profiles in the book we still don't have a unit with STR

7 hours ago, kaos said:

I doubt they would have made 2 mistakes under the one profile.  Kaauri have W.  Looking through the profiles in the book we still don't have a unit with STR

The mobile version of Army 6 that the warcors are currently crowd testing lists Kauuri as a S2 1Wounds troopers. I'd say that's the most recent profile version.

Reminds me a lot of the Gao-Tarsos sculpts. Not a bad thing but I expect her to keep falling over lol. Nice dynamic model though.

Can use the body for neema sculpt..

Or better kerail with symbiont

From what I understand is that there is a typo on the Spanish books that show the  Kauuri  as having structure. The English books are supposed to have Wounds for the  Kauuri . I could be wrong as my book has not arrived yet but this is what I was told. 

I was told that the  Kauuri  are indeed creatures that have wounds and not str. So no Test Run for us. 

Unless something changed at the last minute, it's the English version that has the typo. As far as I'm aware they're supposed to be S1 STR1. 

If they r str1 would be awesome.

And will mean alot.

12 hours ago, IJW Wartrader said:

Unless something changed at the last minute, it's the English version that has the typo. As far as I'm aware they're supposed to be S1 STR1. 

S1 with a sniper rifle. Lol, thats gonna look ace, gun will be bigger than the model!

Im all good with this, I have a real issue fielding multiple of the same mini so a new sculpt is defiantly welcomed. 

On 5/7/2016, 7:16:32, 8vius said:

Love the model, yet the pose bothers me a bit just standing on one foot like the Gao-Tarsos, which has been bothersome. 

It's not standing on one foot. It's running. The Gao-Tarso also isn't standing on one foot. He's landing.

@jake richmond I understand that, when I say it bothers me because its standing on one foot it's from a functional point of view not aesthetically. It's somewhat of a pain to glue properly and have it stay on the base, at least in my experience. 

1 minute ago, 8vius said:

@jake richmond I understand that, when I say it bothers me because its standing on one foot it's from a functional point of view not aesthetically. It's somewhat of a pain to glue properly and have it stay on the base, at least in my experience. 

Oh, I see. 

Anyone who felt squeamish about the model, or who is interested in Tohaa conversions:

2016-07-07 13.43.01.jpg

The BSG Kosuil's back is modeled whole, with no socket for the Panzerfaust.  The Panzerfaust itself is nearly a whole piece, but has a contour designed to fit over her back greebling.  If you wanted a Tohaa launcher for conversions, here you go.

Bit of Green Stuff on the rocket gap and over her face:

2016-07-08 17.01.34.jpg

I wanted to put both her hands on the gun, but her right arm is really pinched and stubby.  So, in Tohaa ambidexter style, a gun on each.  I'm quite happy with the result.

2016-07-08 16.57.16.jpg2016-07-08 16.56.24.jpg

There is actually a very small nub and a very small hole on the panzerfaust and the edge of her jacket where they're meant to be placed together, but they're so small I'm not surprised people don't even notice them.

Yeah that launcher sits very well or the back of the kerail, which takes the helmeted spec ops head very well and makes for a killer sukeul with shotgun/missile conversion :-) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0