4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'll be relocating from Maryland to Palm Coast / St.Augustine in a few months for a job and was wondering if there was an Infinity community nearby? I've done a little research and found CoolStuffGames in Jacksonville and D20Gamespot in St.Augustine but am not sure what the infinity scene is like at either shop. Seems like Orlando might have the biggest player base, but I could use some guidance from my fellow gamers here. I've been playing for a couple years now, and have had plenty of ITS experience.  Thanks!

Hi, I'm a Warcor in the Orlando area, more of the downtown area to be precise. We've got a community starting up at Coliseum of Comics at the Fashion Square Mall on Thursdays, we're they're regularly. The Warsenal guys have a regular Thursday night thing going on as well, they're over in the Longwood/Altamonte area near Orlando. @jfunkd is also a Warcor in the SW FL area if you're ever down that way. I'm not too sure about the St. Augustine area specifically as far as an Infinity community though. We've got a few facebook groups for the the Fashion Square group, a larger one for the Orlando group and a large one for the SW FL group as well where we all communicate and coordinate games and events. 

Orlando is your best bet, you're going to be close enough to make tournaments up there pretty easily, although the regular gaming nights are probably going to be pretty tough since traffic in and around Orlando is ridiculous. I think Borderlands in Jacksonville also supports Infinity, at least i have heard they do. I know there is a pretty good x wing scene in Melbourne, but I don't know much about Infinity there.

Feel free to join the SWF infinity players group on FB to keep tabs on us over in SW Florida. We'd love to have you come and join up for any of our events, but it's a fairly serious drive at about 3 hours and 20 minutes or so. I plan on hosting two or three ITS events starting in the late summer and into the fall.

I'm also hoping that we can get a few state wide events going this fall and next year.  

Thanks for the replies guys, good to know that Orlando has a thriving infinity community. Not too far of a drive from St.Augustine for ITS events but yeah probably a little too far for Thursday night gaming. Once I'm moved in officially I'll reach out to you all to see what's up.

Thanks again.