Loricus

Morat Fluff Question

3 posts in this topic

In the fluff, it refers to Morat regiments as semi-distinct entities, fighting for campaigning rights and considering regimental members as family etc. But it refers to units such as the Sogorat as a regiment. How are regiments divided? When you play a list, are all the Morats part of the same regiment? Would an actual Sogorat regimental force just be a bunch of Sogorats, and we are playing a combined force of different regiments?

I believe that each unit type represents a Morat regiment. A morat army consists of troops from several regiments brought together to achieve a common objective.  

Can't believe I missed this. Actually, think about this, it's still a Spec Ops game, so the individual Sogarat for example that you might field, are likely from a whole regiment of them. Say 10 - 20. Since we're only ever allowed to field 3 and these guys are supposed be like light tanks or some sort of mobile weapons weapons platform, you don't count the individual Morat inside the suit but the suit itself as an investment like a Tank. Which is why you can only ever get so few of them, they really are an expensive investment of resources and are worth say 5-10 Vanguard. Now the term regiment seems to make more sense as we understand it's being used more loosely than what you expect from American military organization. The Spec Op squad's or Platoons are made up of detachments of entire units whether the troopers are from a faction's many infantry divisions or one of it's less manned Cavalry, Artillery, or Armor regiments. Azra'il are clearly Artillery where Sogarat seem like they are more of an Armored Brigade rolling in with higher mobility and up close capacity. Now it's actual stats don't quite show it to be true but it's leaning that way. I find squad structure and fireteams interesting in Infinity because of the change from actual fireteams, squad capability etc etc. I do however appreciate the Ant Tank units and still being able to spot certain roles being filled out in the fireteams even if they are more specialized from profile to profile.

@Loricus, we are playing a combined squad of detachments from different regiments. My Vanguard wearing Dark Superiority uniforms are from the 13th Infantry Division, 2nd Regiment, 3rd Btn "Blooded". Your Vanguard donning Dust colors are from 13th Infantry Division, 2nd Brigade, Hacking Battalion "Night Hounds". Why do I know your troops are from the Hacking Battalion, you brought 2-3 Vanguard hackers for that mission that benefits hackers...

@.Troll, yep I seriously imagine Morat and CA ships near Paradiso carrying like 5-10,000 Morats.