Antenociti

Azure Dragon Yu Jing Landing Craft

91 posts in this topic

Superb!

Very nice!

Did you have to do any scratch-removal from those canopies?  I seem to have scratched up mine when I washed them to remove the mold release... :rain-cloud:

1 hour ago, Section 9 said:

I seem to have scratched up mine when I washed them to remove the mold release... :rain-cloud:

Gloss Varnish at medium pressure in an airbrush then a buffing wheel on a dermal. Amazing results.

On 4/27/2017 at 3:27 AM, Section 9 said:

Very nice!

Did you have to do any scratch-removal from those canopies?  I seem to have scratched up mine when I washed them to remove the mold release... :rain-cloud:

Future floor polish and a soft cloth will do amazing things (also known as Kleer/Klear or "Pledge with Future Shine")

It's a floor "wax" that dries hard but can be polished (with a cloth) to a ultra-high shine. Removes cracks, scratches and so forth easily.   Used for some time in modelling for a lot of things as well as "fixing" clear canopies (decals, varnish etc etc) . It comes as a light tan coloured liquid but dries clear.

Klear.jpgpledge.JPG

Excellent. 

My bottle still says "Future" on it, BTW.  When you only use a couple drops at a time, they last forever!

Wow.  

Just.  Wow. 

Jaw dropping model and painting.

Any estimated date when it will go into mass production? And can we hope that second bath of dropships will be done in plastic? :)

Wow!

Gotta say, I originally wasn't interested in the Azure Dragon as it seemed a bit too clunky for my liking...but it's appearance in the Outrage Manga and this awesome paintjob are starting to change my mind O.O

Yeah, those two approaches to the Azure Dragon are both amazing, and very different. The only problem now is I've received mine and am staring at it wondering how to manage a paintjob of my own that lives up to the quality of the sculpt! 

What one lacks in skill, one can make up in perseverance. Time to find some scrap bits of whatever to build a terrible 'vehicle' for practice...

WOW! Follow that!! Everything is right about it. Immaculate!

Still continuing with my diorama. I have a base (still needs work) and I've starting adding figures (not Infinity so apologies)...

Azure Dragon dio base 002.JPG

It's very seldom indeed that Dwartist has such competition in his own thread....

they both look look amazing but neither has any 'azure' in the colourscheme? Or is there another meaning behind the name?

8 hours ago, ork56 said:

It's very seldom indeed that Dwartist has such competition in his own thread....

they both look look amazing but neither has any 'azure' in the colourscheme? Or is there another meaning behind the name?

Actually it's Antenociti's thread - I just 'bumped in'! As for competition Ive's version is eye-popping and I'd love to see more painted examples here.  I've got 'dirty' Azure in the camo! :D

My apologies to Jed and Dave, of course it is Antenocitis thread. Consider me corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes)

However, if I took my missus on holiday promising azure waters and they were that colour, I think I would end up with some azure bruises! 😜

No, azure comes from the Chinese name, like the Japanese Souryuu (Blue/Green Dragon), Hiryuu (Flying Dragon), and Unryuu (Cloud Dragon) aircraft carriers.

I'm going to paint mine in a Soviet scheme, two grays and a brown topside with sky blue underneath, and light tan radomes.  I'm just still having issues with converting flight crew models.

=====

I have an idea for the Tohaa or Onyx/EI/Ur dropship, something like the tiltwing from Ghost in the Shell 2:

GITS-Vehicles_clip_image002_0003.jpg

because the wings break down like the EI drop troop wings:

GITS-Vehicles_clip_image004_0003.jpg

Though I'd expect Tohaa or Onyx/EI/Ur craft to use jet engines and not props.