Pride of Rodina

tactica
Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

381 posts in this topic

I like the overall Idea, but I quite dislike, that a Haqqislamite Supersoldier would have such a serious drawback, like a extremely shortened lifespan. 

Haqqislam medical research focuses on genetic ascension and not on benefits for a price. Their humanistic ideals wouldnt match with instable alterations. 

Maybe if the CA where to overrun the sphere, but until that, I really dont believe that something like that fits the fluff. 

It is just my impression of what I have read and I might be wrong. We will see.

48 minutes ago, EmperorSaiStone said:

I like the overall Idea, but I quite dislike, that a Haqqislamite Supersoldier would have such a serious drawback, like a extremely shortened lifespan. 

Haqqislam medical research focuses on genetic ascension and not on benefits for a price. Their humanistic ideals wouldnt match with instable alterations. 

Maybe if the CA where to overrun the sphere, but until that, I really dont believe that something like that fits the fluff. 

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. that part of my fluff was mostly grabbed from the Hyperdamics fluff, and though I would fit it into there. The abilities still fit within the Runihura concept without the shortenned lifespan aspect of hyperdynamics. Runihura is obviously more advanced than the rest of the human sphere's biongenetic programs. Even without that, their impetuousness would still fit with the idea of being an elite and extremely agile strikeforce, not afraid to die for their duty. Again, mostly I wrote what I did just cause I liked the abilities and they seemed to fit the super-solderness of Ramah. The flavor was just to apply a fun twist to explain them. There are 100 different ways those abilities could be used fluff-wise.

6 hours ago, EmperorSaiStone said:

It could have been the first batch of subjects for this particular super soldier serum, and at the time they didn't know it caused a shorter lifespan. Now they no longer use it and all subjects are to be given new bodies once their lives expire. 

8 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

@EmperorSaiStone I dont mean to rain on your parade, but isnt it in the fluff that Khawarij have shorter lifespans due to the Runihura burning up their metabolism at over twice the normal rate, exception being Tarik who just happens to have the perfect genetics to mesh with the Runihura.

Also sorry to @Pathfinder, for some reason the forums wont let me post here without having you quoted, no clue why.

3 hours ago, Agorapocalypse said:

@EmperorSaiStone I dont mean to rain on your parade, but isnt it in the fluff that Khawarij have shorter lifespans due to the Runihura burning up their metabolism at over twice the normal rate, exception being Tarik who just happens to have the perfect genetics to mesh with the Runihura.

Neither the N2 orN3 unit blurb says that, so unless it's somewhere else you might be thinking of something else.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Neither the N2 orN3 unit blurb says that, so unless it's somewhere else you might be thinking of something else.

You know what, i think youre right. I just re read it, and it was Tariks blurb that says he metabolized the runihura perfectly stopping the dangerous oxidizing process, which i guess could just be a reference to normal oxidization that affects everyone and he is simply living longer because of that.