Pride of Rodina

tactica
Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

508 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, jaque_froid said:

did they mention if C:Paradiso is going to drop at gencon?

The question is, at which GenCon. Most probably it is 2018, because the Carloses have to much work with designing resculpts and dont have enough time for designing the new units.

8 hours ago, MoratSapper said:

Back to tactics. 

How have people been approximating Ramah in their lists?

I personally have been running Red Veil with some alterations a Maggie and a barid because I am not skilled enough to tell if Leila will be able to protect my Maggie properly.

Try the Assault hacker Taureg. It just seems like the obvious choice to me wor defending Maggy with a hacker.

Are you guys just playing vanilla but putting things into the list that you think will be in ramah?

As far as I can see, yes, that's what they do. 

On the other hand, it isn't that hard to predict which of the existing units will be in Ramah (due to not being in QK or HB), and which should be put aside to be included in the Gabqar Khanate's army...

I haven't considered the tuareg AHD yet, not just the points are there. The barid is just HD instead of KHD.

I doubt hassassins will be in Ramah so our hacker options will be limited baring new profiles. 

I won't pull the trigger on the djanbazans because they might not be in Ramah. Of course then there wouldn't be any MSV, barring those new super humans having the missing profiles Ramah will need or existing profiles (MSV fasid please).

Any hopes for next month to give fresh life to RTF sectorical?

7 minutes ago, MoratSapper said:

*shrug* Who knows? We'll see, but I hope we see something. I imagine we might see a dossier for something upcoming, but that's all I'm willing to bet on. Maybe a render for the Khawarij HRL, if that's still happening.

1 hour ago, MoratSapper said:

I've said it many times, yet I'll say it again: excercise the virtue of patience, o my brothers. Don't let the ghafla take better of you.

RTF will happen. One day. Untill that day comes... as great Ferdowsi said, save greed there is no thing worse in this world...

I mean.... 40k 8th ed is saving me from the CB product lull right now. Plus Dark age is picking up pretty well right now. Theres other games that are in full release cycle mode right now that might quench your thirst for new stuff in between waiting for CBs cycles.

2 hours ago, Agorapocalypse said:

I mean.... 40k 8th ed is saving me from the CB product lull right now. Plus Dark age is picking up pretty well right now. Theres other games that are in full release cycle mode right now that might quench your thirst for new stuff in between waiting for CBs cycles.

Myself, I just continue collecting and painting the armies I already have. True, there isn't that much left (save for basic REMs, I've been skipping on them for years because of the looks - having filled that niche with a quartet of DYI ones -  but finally I had my heart warm up for them), but it is going to keep me occupied for the time.

Me personally, my 40k shame pile is too great to add to it but that being said 8th is stealing the show from my revived interest in Infinity. Infinity's release schedule feels glacial sometimes and it doesn't help that I refuse to purchase old pre-3D sculpts. With GenCon possibly being a dud (I could not possess less interest in Aristea if I was dead) Infinity is going to cycle out to 40k. 

Thankfully I can switch back to OCF if CB wants to continue to play games with the release of RTF lol.

Reviving this thread with a nugget of new info translated from the spanish forum. " - One of the new troops of the caliphate is called Muktar, who is a supersoldier whose profile has nothing to do with the meaning of the word. It sounds to me that the name has already leaked Bostria long ago, but Gutier did not know and yet he has released it, which in it is a piece of leakage. " So perhaps the Muktar and Numarr werent scrapped so to say, perhaps just their original rulesets that were probably made in late N2 or early N3.

Well, they had names, and likely some history in Interruptor's head, already. And maybe some salvageable fluff.

Why throw that to a waste bin?

The rules needing a complete rewrite are another thing.

So weird thought. CB is reworking at least one profile per faction for the Beyond boxes, right? New Kamau rules, new S5 Tunguska, hints about the Dao Fei sectorial. So what is being reworked for us (if anything?) 

Probably not the Fiday, that works as intended. Probably not the Ragik. Both were also explicitly included to teach new players some new rules: Impersonation and AD. 

But what does Tarik, as is, teach that the Khawarij doesn't? MA, I suppose?

But what if he's getting a bit of a rework in anticipation of Ramah? What might that look like? 

I agree that it's unlikely. But not unheard of. 

Ive said that if he gets a slight redo, that he should get +3 bts. BTS 6 for a LI isnt unheard of and it gives value to his bioimmunity that only Khawarij make the most of right now.

Yeah, I really doubt we'll see any major changes to anything Ramah (that's currently out) or Hassassins related for a while.

We already got the Fasid last year, so I doubt that there will any changes. And Tarik is going to be so ridiculousy good, when linked with Khawarij, that he doesnt need a boost, as long as can at least form a Duo in RTF. He can superjump all day then and the Doc gets him back on the feet again. But if CB insists to make him better...be my guest. How about MA 3 to make him really funny?

Make him better, or maybe just opposite- make him a tiny bit less awesome.

Because I see all the time how Tarik makies other Khawarijs redundant. Luckily, with two up-to-date models, he's not likely to be getting Macayana treatment!

Maybe Khawarijs get a little buff in AF. Although I think they only need it in Vanilla. As a Fireteam they schould perform well. Especially when they get tjeir HRL.

Only thing I want for them is a HRL, Sniper or Missile Launcher profile.

So when I run a fireteam I've got a consistent long range option.

On 7/19/2017 at 3:29 AM, EmperorSaiStone said:

Maybe Khawarijs get a little buff in AF. Although I think they only need it in Vanilla. As a Fireteam they schould perform well. Especially when they get tjeir HRL.

for their cost there is no reason, in my very humble 8 months of experience, to take them no matter what stat buffs they get in a link. those buffs could be on someone else that doesn't die as easily. I realize my short time playing means I could be missing something but I feel like Im hearing that sentiment from veterans as well.

Well, Haqqislam is widely considered "the Light Infantry" faction. And the LI tend to be fragile, even if they are on the elite end of the spectrum.

Khawarij cost 27pts (for the basic, referential, Rifle+LSG loadout, who carries Grenades too). For that, you get BS on par with our most of our Heavy Infantry types, high CC, high PH, low Armor and noticeable (for a LI) BTS. Poison. Still one Wound. BioImmunity (which, if memory serves me, includes Shock Immunity). Their trademark Super-Jump. Indeed, nothing that would be increasing their survivability against the most common cause of death among Infinity troops, i.e. rapid-firing guns.

Zhayedan are more expensive (31pts for a similar loadout), somewhat worse shot (BS 12, still high standard), ARM 2, Veterans L1, and they bring in Automedikit. Does that mean they are much more survivable? IMO, +1 ARM is a marginal increase, and you lose the BioImmunity. Plus, wearing a light kit (ARM 1) seems to me totally in-character.

Kaplan come in way cheaper, but in the way of protection they have Mimetism and ARM 2. True, Mimetism is a great thing to enhance one's survivability.

...uh. Tell me, @jaque_froid - what would you consider a proper way to increase a Khawarij's survivability? Honest question, really.

As far as I look at them, I'd say they simply are mislabelled. They shouldn't be called "Light Infantry", they are "Skirmishers". Because that's, IMO, what they do: operate alone, away from the friendly troops' support, using their extraordinary mobility to get the job done. They are also somewhat fragile, although not that easy to put down (as BioImmunity helps them stay alive, if not conscious). 

Zhayaden are survivable because in firefights they ignore cover modifiers meaning most of the time they are BS15 when you properly choose your targets. 2ARM is not terrible either giving them 5 in cover and Shock means that the 1 wound or NWI/Dogged troops they shoot are going to stay down. Khawarji are not bad, defensive wise they are more defensive, while the Zhayaden is a hunter.

Hmm idk about buffing khawarij. Only way i think you could make them more survivable in my opinion would b giving them dogged or NWI, but then they step on others toes, and become a good bit more expensive. I feel Khawarij are fine, but tarik being 54-56 points should be at least be making the most of his rules (hence why i think he needs bts 6). He pays for bioimmunity that makes him 

1. Immune to shock.....except having 2 wounds already does that

2.Immune to viral..... except having 2 wounds does that

3. You can choose to take viral and shock saves on either Arm or BTS..... except both are 3 so theres no reason to use this

4. Basic khawarijs also can do the above, but with arm1 and bts3, they gain a decent survivability boost by using their rule to take saves on bts3, however tarik is no better than a khawarij in this instance despite being nearly double points.

5. True you reduce viral to 1 save instead of 2 per hit, its fine but not how fully he should be utilizing his rules. 

These are just my opinions though, and cb probably wont change anything.

4 hours ago, theGricks said:

Zhayaden are survivable because in firefights they ignore cover modifiers meaning most of the time they are BS15 when you properly choose your targets. 2ARM is not terrible either giving them 5 in cover and Shock means that the 1 wound or NWI/Dogged troops they shoot are going to stay down. Khawarji are not bad, defensive wise they are more defensive, while the Zhayaden is a hunter.

I'd guess the Khawarij should be able to work out an attack position that would mean catching the target out of cover, too...