Antenociti

Infinity Unit Badge Decals

90 posts in this topic

Very handy videos - they were really useful! 

Super delighted with these, and can't wait to get more!

decals_1.jpg

decals_2.jpg

decals_3.jpg

decals_4.jpg

decals_5.jpg

All the way around the world in New Zealand I got mine in the post yesterday.

Thanks guys, these look awesome!

Can't wait to get some onto my PanOceania.

I promise to post photos once they are on.

Got mine yesterday, haven't had time to do more than glance at them but they look good.

Need to hit the local hobby store for decal setting solution then see who gets decals first! Probably my Maghariba Guard to start with...

Are these going to go on sale or were they a one off for the KS?

9 hours ago, Yvain said:

Are these going to go on sale or were they a one off for the KS?

they will go on sale after a period of time awaiting feedback from current KS users.

Speaking of said feedback:  Are you aware that there are actually 4 sets of decals on your police sets?

Wouldn't want you getting billed for 4x small sheets and sending them as 1x big sheet unintentionally.

On 4/25/2017 at 7:53 AM, Section 9 said:

Speaking of said feedback:  Are you aware that there are actually 4 sets of decals on your police sets?

Wouldn't want you getting billed for 4x small sheets and sending them as 1x big sheet unintentionally.

yes, that's correct, each set can do 4 vehicles

General best practices for decals is to gloss varnish the area (if not the whole model).  While these decals are pretty resistant to "silvering", you can still see the difference between the backing film and the bare paint on some models (it's obvious on Larry Correia's Azure Dragon models, for example).  Putting down a gloss coat first prevents air bubbles from getting trapped under the decal, which is the source of silvering.  Plus, it gives you another layer of paint protection.

One should-have-been-obvious thought:  Make sure you start working with the faction badge decals to figure out how these decals play, not the much-more-limited-in-number unit badges... I screwed up one of the two Guilang badges, and I have more than 2 Guilang.:rain-cloud:

Has anyone tried using Microsol and Microset with these decals? Was wondering if they  worked like traditional decals.

2 hours ago, sacramentofcarnage said:

Has anyone tried using Microsol and Microset with these decals? Was wondering if they  worked like traditional decals.

Yup, they work fine.

Yu Jing and ISS decals are no longer available? I cannot see them in store (day before I saw Yu Jing decals, I did not see ISS though)

13 hours ago, sevsterino said:

Yu Jing and ISS decals are no longer available? I cannot see them in store (day before I saw Yu Jing decals, I did not see ISS though)

They completely sold out, rather quickly. Apparently Yu Jing and ISS are very popular armies. I'll try and chase up when we're going to have more in stock for you.