fractalassassin

Szalamandra resculpt?

33 posts in this topic

I think I'm gonna start playing Infinity with Nomads as my first army and I like TAGs so I suspect I'll be wanting at least one of each to open up my options but I was wondering: is the Szalamandra  going to get a resculpt/redesign? It's an oldish model and I don't think it gels very well with the visual style of the newer stuff. Also on that note is it a TAG worth using?

Yeah it'll get a resculpt, probably around the time of the next expansion (pencilled in for next year) as tunguska, it's home faction, is getting a full sectoral list. Securitate should get a resculpt and further sculpts for grenzer too I'd imagine.

As far as tags go, it's solid Yeah. Big gun, plenty of armour and bits and sits in a faction with access to great engineers and cheap orders. It's just the model that holds it back from wider play imho

According to an interview with Bostria (the same one that discussed the Vedic sectorial), he confirmed that yes a Szalamandra resculpt was in the pipeline, but I wouldn't expect it until next year sometime.

Can't wait for this resculpt....however due to the  upcoming Bakunin models I'm really hoping we get a new Lizzard in the meantime.  That thing is so stiff it looks like it got hit by 10 ADHLs.

Yeah, I just can't stand the Szalamandra design. It looks too jelly bean-ish to me

Yes, this is one of the resculpts that I'm really looking forward to - but just not anytime soon. 

I heard somewhere that Bakunin is going to get some love soon. and if I am right there is Lizard TAG which needs resculp as well, so I would guess Lizard first and Szalamandra later (and in this scope not that soon as I would like :( ). But anyhow I am big fan of Szala, it is my only TAG so far and I really like current model. Much more then others old TAGs. But I am sure new one will be awesome! :D

I took a quick look and didn't see any discussion on the new Szalamandra sculpt in the Nomad forums. So i'll say this here, it's F****** ace!

As a CA player first and Nomad player second I have to give the nod to the Szala over the Avatar. I can't wait to get a hold of this thing.

Yeah no doubt I'm getting it and doing some Vanilla just to star it. One of those models worth buying just to paint like the Mag Guard IMO.

Also great that I think szalamdra is the best TAG profile for proper nomad tags, iguana has its place and geckos make great light tags but I think szalamandra outshines them with great stats, good BTS and one of the strongest pilot loadouts, contender being double action and being a killer hacker makes her pretty decent out on the field.

Great close range weapon, best aggressive weapon

Lizard is ok but id rather spend 3 pts more and 0.5 swc less for a better overall package, BTS 9 also helps it vs hacking threats

Only thing it needs is for Tunguska to get a decently priced line troop to fuel it

42 minutes ago, Mothman said:

iguana has its place and geckos make great light tags but I think szalamandra outshines them with great stats, good BTS and one of the strongest pilot loadouts

Iguana and Geckos just don't compete with other TAGs or with each other. If you wanted one you couldn't replace it with another while keeping the stuff you wanted. Especially Gecko.

Gecko has the best pilot though.

1 hour ago, Loricus said:

Gecko has the best pilot though.

Depends on what you need.  When it comes to irony, the Szalamandra pilot popping out to blow-up the brain of an Assault Hacker seems pretty good.

szalamander can make a real "troolololol" moment.

If you are sure that there are no HD KHD, then use the szalamander fast movement to go into enemy repeater range. Spend another order to dismount and redrun the enemy khd.

mount back on the tag and continue destroying everything.

logo_501.png Nomads
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  
logo_15.pngCLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
logo_34.pngZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_14.pngDAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_28.pngIGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 71)
 sep.giflogo_28.pngIGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife. ()
logo_29.pngSZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
 sep.giflogo_29.pngSZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()
logo_30.pngMORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_10.pngZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_21.pngTRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_13.pngJAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Would want to run something like this whenever I get my hands on it. Might need some work though. Some consideration for the Lizard, but it does not look nearly as awesome.

7 hours ago, Darkvortex87 said:

szalamander can make a real "troolololol" moment.

If you are sure that there are no HD KHD, then use the szalamander fast movement to go into enemy repeater range. Spend another order to dismount and redrun the enemy khd.

mount back on the tag and continue destroying everything.

I probably wouldn't risk losing the TAG on a bad roll unless I had to.

31 minutes ago, Loricus said:

I probably wouldn't risk losing the TAG on a bad roll unless I had to.

When in search of 'troolololol' moments you must disregard this level of risk. 

31 minutes ago, Loricus said: I probably wouldn't risk losing the TAG on a bad roll unless I had to.

When in search of 'troolololol' moments you must disregard this level of risk. 

I much prefer running a Transductor into B2B with a Ninja KHD and then frying it's brain with a Regular HD for 'trololo' moments. Not only is it a turn-about but it's also tactically sound.

1 hour ago, inane.imp said:

I much prefer running a Transductor into B2B with a Ninja KHD and then frying it's brain with a Regular HD for 'trololo' moments. Not only is it a turn-about but it's also tactically sound.

That`s sound more like suicide. It will be funnier to Electric pulse Ninja and then fry it`s brains with Regular HD.

6 minutes ago, sarf said:

That`s sound more like suicide. It will be funnier to Electric pulse Ninja and then fry it`s brains with Regular HD.

Change Facing trick. Easier to do with 6-6 MOV.

6 minutes ago, sarf said: That`s sound more like suicide. It will be funnier to Electric pulse Ninja and then fry it`s brains with Regular HD.

At which point the Ninja is Engaged and can only Reset. WIP13 BTS 0 Reset isn’t a particularly strong defence even vs Brainblast.

TBH I usually only manage this trick with Morlocks (using their Irregular order to get into B2B).

2 hours ago, Loricus said:

What trick?

First short move out of sight but in zone of control, target is forced to reset or change facing, second move in to contact.

1 hour ago, Icchan said:

First short move out of sight but in zone of control, target is forced to reset or change facing, second move in to contact.

Even nastier with a KHD and a regular weapon, because the second skill can be to shoot/Redrum them.

4 hours ago, Savnock said:

Even nastier with a KHD and a regular weapon, because the second skill can be to shoot/Redrum them.

If you have a KHD they will probably hack you, and shooting only works from behind because you need to gain Line of Fire before the second order. The nasty thing about the "trick" is that you can do it right under their nose.