Aphexblue

Few pictures of last weekends tables

120 posts in this topic

Nice tables.

IMG-20160802-WA0014_zpsdmbaghvt.jpg

Table from this weekend.

Want to change the colour scheme of the base to maybe white and orange and keep brown interior.

70's Sci-Fi colour scheme isn't popular :/

IMG-20160802-WA0018_zpsfz5wysy6.jpeg

Some Paradiso terrain I have been working on.

Photo links to bucket

IMG-20160808-WA0001_zpshe0fsckk.jpeg

Giant tree bases for jungle terrain. Work in progress obviously

IMG-20160810-WA0004_zps2va8erkt.jpeg

Couple of details and a clear coat to add, but finished

cool. Maybe add some lianas (made with cables, wires, strings etc)?

Cheers. I was contemplating something like that. I have some plants to add around the base but want the roots to provide cover for troops so need to be careful where to put them. Creepers would be out of the way. Maybe flocked string? 

It would be messy to create, but maybe drag string thru a glue/paint mix and drape them over/around your trunks, then add flock after the string dries onto your trunks?

The other thing I've thought of is using brown yarn and just glue, which would have the advantage of being slightly less messy than paint+glue to colour string...

Yarn vines. There was this thing about yarn vines... From the guy who made the round-ish hills. God, where did I put that bookmark?

3 hours ago, Aphexblue said:

IMG-20160810-WA0004_zps2va8erkt.jpeg

Couple of details and a clear coat to add, but finished

BenQ monitor huh?1440p? What do you play?

Nice terrain ;p

Lucky you Tigr, even with the crappy search and the issues caused by autoarchiving (there is another, newer, thread with just a couple of pictures), I found it.

It's more like Spanish moss than vines, very furry. For vines, probably just use "fantasy" wool or other thread that is non uniform, and brown/grey paint, without adding any flock.

12 hours ago, Alister said:

BenQ monitor huh?1440p? What do you play?

Nice terrain ;p

Thanks. Mostly just Smite PC wise. Waiting for that special game to come along before I upgrade to 1440p.

Oh gotcha, pretty much any FPS game is amazing in 1440p from 1080p. That's where I saw the most difference.

My moba of choice is HoTS so shame we can't play.

I like your use of natural rock terrain in your first table BTW, makes it really stand out from other tabes I've see. 

Yeah it's just Aquarium ornaments with the plastic trees removed and the small holes filled with green stuff. Pretty cheap for such large resin pieces. Plus there are a few sniper spots on ledges. Really works for a Paradiso theme I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K6KZPNG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG-20160811-WA0004_zpscpqdlxyr.jpeg

IMG-20160811-WA0002_zpspmxujm1m.jpeg

Went back and modified the base complex colours. Hit the outside with a bronze and used some weathering powders to mess it up some more

IMG-20160817-WA0000_zps0ns9eprt.jpeg

IMG-20160817-WA0002_zpsiwywb7vg.jpeg

IMG-20160817-WA0004_zps2nd6mmzw.jpeg

Inspired by Wirelizard's recent efforts I thought I would have a go at some hills for my Jungle board.

Based on cork board I carved them out of 100mm 2 foot square Blue foam. My brother had some rubber plaster moulds for rocks faces so included some of these.

Paint job to come...

Was a great couple of games.  Loved having my screaming daturazi tearing through the woods at you.  Looking forward to playing a lot more games outside of the usual city environments.

Some mods to the aquarium ornaments. Flock and left over plants for a bit more interest and to tie in to other scenery pieces

IMG-20160822-WA0002_zpskv8w1dow.jpeg

IMG-20160822-WA0009_zpsufjz9eby.jpeg

We've done a lot of woodland games lately and love the difference in feel. Plus it's cool to actually use the terrain rules.