Yasashii Fuyu

The Gentle Winter Battle Reports & Stories

41 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

I recently started a Blog about my Infinity Hobby after realizing that I simply loved writing little stories for my armies and battle reports, and I kind of missed doing so after Operation Flamestrike was over.

English is not my native language and I'm no professional writer, so please don't expect master pieces, but if you're up for some amateur stories and battle reports, please have a look ^^

Chapter 1.1: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/the-neon-dragons-rise/

Chapter 1.2: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/a-long-day/

Chapter 1.3:(Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/battle-report-1-a-taste-of-imperial-service/

Chapter 1.4: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/the-box/

Chapter 1.5: (Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/battle-report-2-new-neighbours/

Chapter 1.6: (Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/chapter-1-6-battle-report-3-the-pearl-turtle/

Feel free to leave comments or suggestions on how to improve things, I'm still new to this and still have a lot to learn ^^

PS: There are also some Reviews of Terrain on the Blog if you are interested in that kind of things ^^

Hello Everyone!

I have added another part to my ongoing story, this time it's more peaceful and explores the private live of my main Protagonist a bit more.

Chapter 1.7: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/chapter-1-7-home/

I hope you enjoy reading it!   (PS: If only I could draw...I would love to draw that Automaton ;-P) 

i loved each of the story. Good work!

14 hours ago, Robock said:

i loved each of the story. Good work!

Thank you very much! It's awesome to know that there are actually people out there reading my stories :-)

Nice read. Interesting premise and cool way of integrating battle reports into the story.

I think @Abd Al-Azrad might like this idea. He seems the type who would love to write stories based on battle reports with a fluff army. 

Keep the stories coming.

45 minutes ago, Razgriz said:

I think @Abd Al-Azrad might like this idea. He seems the type who would love to write stories based on battle reports with a fluff army. 

You know of Abd Al-Azrad? Are you a friend of his?

50 minutes ago, Golem2God said:

You know of Abd Al-Azrad? Are you a friend of his?

I know of him from his forum posts. I don't know him personally. 

9 minutes ago, Razgriz said:

I know of him from his forum posts. I don't know him personally. 

Same here. I have been making characters with him for the Ibn Batuta crew.

4 hours ago, Razgriz said:

Nice read. Interesting premise and cool way of integrating battle reports into the story.

Keep the stories coming.

I voted these up because they mentioned me, because narcissism isn't such a bad thing if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

I voted these up because they mentioned me, because narcissism isn't such a bad thing if you ask me.

You sir, get reputation.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, Yasashii Fuyu said:

Hello Everyone!

I recently started a Blog about my Infinity Hobby after realizing that I simply loved writing little stories for my armies and battle reports, and I kind of missed doing so after Operation Flamestrike was over.

English is not my native language and I'm no professional writer, so please don't expect master pieces, but if you're up for some amateur stories and battle reports, please have a look ^^

Chapter 1.1: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/the-neon-dragons-rise/

Chapter 1.2: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/20/a-long-day/

Chapter 1.3:(Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/battle-report-1-a-taste-of-imperial-service/

Chapter 1.4: (Story)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/the-box/

Chapter 1.5: (Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/battle-report-2-new-neighbours/

Chapter 1.6: (Story Battle Report)

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/chapter-1-6-battle-report-3-the-pearl-turtle/

Feel free to leave comments or suggestions on how to improve things, I'm still new to this and still have a lot to learn ^^

PS: There are also some Reviews of Terrain on the Blog if you are interested in that kind of things ^^

Sir this is sexy and I like what you are doing here. I am going to steal your idea and do it for my own crew of weirdos .

On 31.7.2016 at 5:44 PM, Abd Al-Azrad said:

Sir this is sexy and I like what you are doing here. I am going to steal your idea and do it for my own crew of weirdos .

Hahaha, awesome! Glad to have inspired you! ^^

Post a link once you've made your site, I'd love to take a look at it!

PS: I plan to do something along "character sheets" for the roles with names so far, just need to find some time to take some nice closeup pictures ^^

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who read my stories I have added another chapter that will lead to the next battle Report which I'll hopefully be able to post this week.

I hope you'll enjoy reading this small story part :-)

PS: Anyone has any ideas why I suddenly have such huge stupid gaps between my lines and how to fix it?

Hello Everyone!

I have just posted another Story Battle Report on my Blog, this time it was a fierce battle between ISS and Haqqislam Forces trying to take over an Aleph A.I. Node in The Pearl Turtle (Engineering Deck).

Chapter 1.9 (Story Battle Report) : 

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/chapter-1-9-battle-report-4-sword-unsheated/

I hope you enjoy the battle report!

Hello Everyone!

I just added another chapter of the Story on my Blog:

Chapter 1.10 (Story) :

I also added the first character profile for the main protagonist of the story, General Yasashii Fuyu ;-P

For some reason his Background became almost as long as one of the story chapters, so if you are interested in it, it might be a nice read as well ;-P

I hope you enjoy these updates!

@Yasashii...

I enjoied immensely Your updates, the style of prose, the character's background and the lively atmosphere that You describe in both the (...relatively) terse Battle Reports and the even more amusing Short Stories are enchanting and You created a very believable Cyberpunk place in the Neon Dragon "Block Sector"...

I found also very refreshing the point of view of a truly Japanese Main Character that is still a Proud Nationalist but also manage to integrate (more or less...) seamlessly into the Chinese Government of Yu-Jing and still be able to function as intended...

As a budding Amateur Graphic Artist also I found the Cyberpunk Images that You insterted into the various Story Chapters as headers flawlessly selected to convey the right kind of Science Fiction Atmosphere...

I have just a "Image Question" for You; is the Neon Dragon Block intended to be a particularly higher rate % of Japanese Citizens of Yu-Jing...?

Are also the other Troops at the beck and call of the "Pheasant General" quite of mixed heritage rather than "Mainland China Flavour"...??

As I'm experimenting some innovative, differentiated visual takes on Mixed J.S.A. / Imperial Sector kind of Character Concepts for a Graphic Novel Comic Project that I'm developing with @Rocket maybe You will interested in some sketches of this kind of "Nonstandard Yujing Soldiers" (like Imperial Agents sporting a Daisho rather than the typical Chinese Blades and also some "Tsunami Armour Plates") for some kind of better visualizations of the results of Your extremely enjoyable hard work.....!!! 

On 1.9.2016 at 11:44 AM, stevenart74 said:

Lots of praise and kind words

Thank you very much for your compliments! I'm very happy that people actually enjoy reading my stories, since I have no experience whatsoever in writing and english isn't my main language, I always feel like my stories just aren't good at all, but if there is someone else besides me that enjoys them, that's just awesome! :-)

About your questions:

To be honest here, I haven't fully decided where "The Neon Dragon" is truly located, I want to keep this option open until I know what Corvus Belli's next book will be about, or what the next campaign will be like, I always thought that Paradiso could have been a good position, but it might get overrun by the Combined Army, and that's not yet my intention for The Neon Dragon (and there really are no Combined Army players in my area that would allow me to play that out...).

As for the % population, I would say that it depends on the area in The Neon Dragon....to explain that I guess I need to post my next Blog Post that I actually intended to keep for myself for a little while longer (currently working on a campaign with that in mind and stuff...)....but I guess there's really no reason to hold it back.

Here's a more detailed description of "The Neon Dragon" and the Areas it's actually made of:

https://thegentlewinter.wordpress.com/2016/09/02/the-neon-dragon/

Of course those are just short descriptions of the areas, intended for my campaign to have people understand what options they have for their motivations and starting areas and stuff, but I hope it gives some additional insight.

Now back to the question of population %, I think that greatly depends on the area we are talking about.

Areas like the "real" Neon Dragon, The Onyx Tiger or the Vermilion Phoenix will have a rather high percentage of non chinese citizens, that being second class citizens and so on, because those areas are where the "dirt" of the city lives and works.

The Pearl Turtle on the other hand has a high armount of chinese origin citizens, first class citizens, the creme de la creme of the Yu Jing Empire and their partners so to say.

The Gulping Toad on the other hand has a surprisingly high amount of foreigners from all necks of the human sphere, all obviously strictly supervised to a point...

Hope that somewhat answered your question ;-P

As for the troops that General Yasashii Fuyu has access to and their nationality, well for one there are still his ties to his former Japanese sectorial army comrades, which are obviously mostly japanese. They haven't played much of a role in the story yet (his agents aside) , but as time goes on they will.

The Imperial Service Troops in the Neon-jo are indeed intended to be of mixed heritage, although I haven't fully decided on special heritages for the already shown characters yet...well that's not 100% true I guess..

"Lotus Justice" (the pink haired mercenary) is of chinese origin,

"Bonbori" (the red haired sniper mercenary) is of japanese origin

"Father Anderson" (aka. Sforza in game terms) is of german origin

"Akaseni" is an Aleph creation, and if I understand how they work they don't really have a cultural background, although after the little box has been brought into effect, her new personalities origin could be considered japanese as well.

Kuang Fu Bao (the Pheasant Agent) is of chinese origin.

The rest is still undecided, I was considering the Wu Ming to be of Mongolian origin, but they will die like flies, so who knows if it will ever be relevant ;-P

As for the artwork used on my Blog....well I basically google cyberpunk neon asian stuff and pick whatever I like and feel like it fits the theme of my stories. I really hope that the artists don't mind it, as I am mostly unable to find out who they are to give them proper credit...but I definitely think that they did an awesome job and I really love those pictures myself as well :-)

Now for your last sentence, I am a bit confused and not sure if I understood you correctly, did you offer me to show me some of your work in progress stuff from your Graphic Novel Comic idea with @Rocket (which I'd love to see!) or are you actually offering me to create some Artwork based on stuff from my Blog? (which would blow my mind because it'd be way too awesome! ;-P) 

Anyways, Thanks again for your nice comment, you really made my day a little brighter!

@Yasashii...

Thanks for the kind reply and the awesome extra informations...!!

About Artwork Offering perhaps is best that I clarify a little; for the upcoming project for the Graphic Novel written by @Rocket I have to try d many possible innovative takes on basic "Cyberpunk Oriental Uniforms" (both for starting heritages of Japanese and Chinese kind of troops) so I would not mind to try to Sketch something that could also be useful for You and Your very original, amusing Work...!! 

i really enjoy how it connects/follow through on the 1.10 story :) 

9 hours ago, Robock said:

i really enjoy how it connects/follow through on the 1.10 story :) 

Thank you very much for the kind comment! ^^

I try to make all stories/battle reports fit together to continue one continuous story line. Some of them make a little more sense than others, but creating a narrative for my battle reports was one of the main reasons why I started this whole Story, so I hope it works.

I am also thinking of improving the way that my battle reports are written, but that new style I'm thinking of would take a lot of time, and I don't know if I'll have that amount of time available in the next few weeks/months with my 2nd child on the way ;-P

Don't know what the eff... happened with the Posting...!!

Should have been a P.M. rather than put there...

Will edit accordingly.....!!

Great read mate. Something tells me the next battle report will be featuring a twin crane/ celestial guard link. Juicy!

7 hours ago, Razgriz said:

Great read mate. Something tells me the next battle report will be featuring a twin crane/ celestial guard link. Juicy!

Well it might, but if it does, not in the way you'd most likely think ;-P

Like I said, there's another chapter incoming before that ;-)

By the way...love your name, always reminds me of this song: