Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calyn

Looking for playgroup in Portland, OR

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

A group of us recently got into Infinity after GenCon and now are looking for a playgroup in the Portland, OR area. Didn't notice anything on the ITS site but just seeing if any stores or leagues support or get together for Infinity.

Thanks!

I unfortunately am JUST moving away from portland but there are indeed groups here!  There are several small groups that do get togethers around the city.  One takes place at Red Castle on Thursday nights at 7pm i believe.  One at Guardian Games on Mondays(although I ran this so its pending who will take over for me/if..).  Then there's a group on Sundays at Western Oregon Wargamers(7th&main street) that is a weekly get together for infinity for ordofanaticus.  Think they are just starting an escalation league too so check out ordofanaticus(website/forum) for more details there.  There's also a group down in Sherwood on Tuesdays and also in Vancouver but not sure on the days for that one! @TheDiceAbide is running some tournaments seemingly every month and @George does occasionally as well in Vancouver!  Red Castle, Glimpses(sherwood) and Guardian all carry infinity.   @NateTehAggresar @Momo234or @zagdag are always good guys to get games against as they are both good players and teachers of the game.

Heyo its me, what part of town you in?

Honestly Glimpses in sherwood carries the most infinity regular stock right now, but its quite a hike, I'm up in Grant Park so I can't make the commute for game night, though Adam @TheDiceAbide runs it. He also is doing lots of tournaments, there is a portland infinity FB group.

I'm probably taking over for @Regelridderen doing nights at GG, I just need to be more dedicated. Its hard I have a four month old and don't like to pass him off to the Missus all the time. Adam has a newborn too, so we're kinda busy, LoL. If you want to get in a game feel free to send me a PM. Also @jake richmond is the local warcor. He usually goes to the Red Castle night as I believe thats most convenient for him, he also has a weekly infinity meet up email list if you would like to get on it let me know and I can send him your email address.

-Nate

and now there is a Zagdag too. I'm in south tabor. I am usually at Thursday nights for Red Castle and occasionally Guardian on Mondays. Not mentioned above, but Portland Game Store in NE was running games tuesday nights. Not sure if that is still going on. PDX has a lot of different people playing infinity, but they are a bit spread out. I have been to all the different groups and found everyone welcoming and happy to meet new players. Feel free to PM me of you want a game or show up on some thursday at RC. Cheers.

If you're interested I'd be happy to add you to the local Portland Infinity Mailing List that Nate mentioned. Let me know!

I should apologize that I haven't been scheduling official ITS game nights for the last few weeks. Work has kept me unusually busy. I'll add soem to the calendar now and they should appear on the site soon.

Hey sorry, I just noticed this! Send me a PM and I'd be glad to get you introduced to the scene up here.

Awesome guys thanks for all the info! We're mostly out of east portland/gresham area but we can get almost anywhere. Been playing a few games and having alot of fun. I'll talk with the guys and see what days/locations work best.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0