Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alphz

District 5 L-Apartment woes:'(

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So ive got this problem ive never had before! District 5 L is just tooooo tight...

Its been a couple years since ive assembled the district 5 apartment and guard tower and they were a little snug and took a bit of convincing but eventually came together real nice. But I need some advice... ive now broken 6 corner connectors and even put bent a wall and broke the connector bit on a wall, and even the walls i have got together arent as close together as on my other buildings. The corner connectors just dont seem to be going on the walls, and getting them seated takes a lot of forceful negotiation.

Has anyone else had these problems with MAS buildings?

Is there something different with the district 5 L? Has it changed from the first edition buildings? 

Hopefully someone has some tips for getting the bits together without using force when its too tight? I Guess i could just start sanding every single joint, its definitely beyond push fit :(:(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built 2 of the Ls shortly after they came out and didn't have these issues. Maybe they're miss cut pieces?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRedZealot said:

I built 2 of the Ls shortly after they came out and didn't have these issues. Maybe they're miss cut pieces?

Did you have to sand the joints?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, alphz said:

Did you have to sand the joints?

there were a few random connectors that needed a little light sanding but at the time I built 3 of the multi story apartments and 2 of the Ls. So I couldn't tell you off teh top of my head which was which. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've built a fair bit of the stuff over the last couple of years... I tend to give everything a quick file where it was connected to the board, but other than that it's not normally been needed. (a couple of times I have had to file stuff mind... but I think that might have been once I'd sprayed everything, not before.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. Thanks guys. I might send MAS some photos and see if they take pity on me

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.08.2016 at 11:45 PM, alphz said:

Hm. Thanks guys. I might send MAS some photos and see if they take pity on me

Hey alphz, sorry for the late reply. There's nothing to pity in that case since It seems like it was our fault. Sometimes a batch of thicker fibreboard passes inspection and causes trouble like that. I would advice to file and dry fit all the parts but since we're already past that write us an email and we'll send you replacements.

Write to shop (at) microartstudio(mention that you were advised by me to do just that) and attach photos of what's broken(if you remember from which boards the parts came it would be a big help). Also, your address.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MAS_Ichipoxi said:

Hey alphz, sorry for the late reply. There's nothing to pity in that case since It seems like it was our fault. Sometimes a batch of thicker fibreboard passes inspection and causes trouble like that. I would advice to file and dry fit all the parts but since we're already past that write us an email and we'll send you replacements.

Write to shop (at) microartstudio(mention that you were advised by me to do just that) and attach photos of what's broken(if you remember from which boards the parts came it would be a big help). Also, your address.

Oh wow. Thank you a lot, even just getting a reply like the that makes me feel a million times better :)

ill send some photos, I managed to salvage a building out of it with lots of PVA and love. I think also, they came from Brisbane to me in Auckland, both of which are very humid cities may have exacerbated the issue further.

For others who might encounter the same issue I found the following worked;

with a sharp knife, trim the joints on an angle, away from the main body - this overcomes the worst issue of even getting pieces slotted. leave a  cm or two of the joint untrimmed.

Push fit your piece. If it is too thick or swollen - the last cm or two delaminates, stop, trim with the knife again and then the but will push in and be nice and snug. 

For those corner joints, only filing is really an option. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0