kernspalt

Chitinous CA, Shasvastii-themed

62 posts in this topic

WOW!!! Those are awesome.  Very nice work indeed B)

Well done, the slave drone is really cool !

Outstanding! I'm jealous.

I agree the seed soldiers aren't bad sculpts, especially the knife-wielding guys. I actually really like the whole line *except* for the shrouded, who I find kind of static-looking and boring. Fortunately they spend most of their table time as camo markers anyway ;)

I'm also not so happy with the shrouded, my main problem with them is that they lack distinguishing features. The old sniper had a big cloak, which kind of makes sense, but the new one looks kind of generic.

I think the whole range is quite mixed. I really like the Noctifers and Aswangs, a lot of the biomechanical stuff, and the Caliban is also quite nice. The Gwailos and Seed Soldiers are ok, but the Malignos, Cadmus and Speculo Killers are really not my cup of tea! :nope:

definitly like the idea :)  big thumb up :)

best one to date a tentacle monster drone :)

especialy thous black dots with under lining

One of my fave ca schemes so far, keep it up.

13 hours ago, splayedpaintbrush said:

That moth wing cloak looks fantastic! 

I totally agree. That's beautiful. :thumb-up:

Great work :thumb-up:, I like the colours and the moth wing effect, really reminds me bugs, my compliments :thumb-up:.

congrats it is not easy to get me impresed / by quality or by idea - you menage to get the idea award in this discypline

Maybe give the bright parts of them a green glaze to make them stand out?

Very solid and inventive painting/tecnique/colour theme through out this log :) keep it up!!!

14 minutes ago, obar said:

Maybe give the bright parts of them a green glaze to make them stand out?

You mean the metallic green parts? I think glazing them completely would not be such a good idea, since that would cover the yellow part and harm the multicolor effect. Or do you mean the plastic wings?

No I was thinking about the cowskin bags. I got the impression that you disliked the way it turned out, so I thought a green glaze might make it look less cow leathery and more alien something leathery? What green metallic parts were you referring to, I think I might have misinterpreted you

Ah, ok, I see what you mean! My first thought was also to give them that same green chitin look as in the kneecaps and shoulderpads, but I usually reserve that for armor, and the bags are probably made out of softer material. I'm a bit hesitant to mix in green there, because right now almost everything is done in relatively similar colors, with a mix of grey, brown and tan, and only the green chitin is supposed to contrast and stand out.

Corax gone fishing :) with expendable spining

ha i saw Corax converted to so many things ..