Globemaster

Linkable Spec Ops

Question

So I tried looking for this one, but forum search doesn't like to give me any useful information so I will ask (or re-ask if it is one that has been answered)-

I know that Spec Ops units are linkable to the troop type that they belong to. (Grunt spec ops link to other grunts, ect.) But what about Treitak (MAF)?

I would normally not ask, because it should be self explanatory. But Anyat is linkable to Vanguard. I could hope that a Spec Ops Treitak would be also!

6 answers to this question

Yes, and yes, Spec ops are always linkable with their base troop type (as per the Spec-Op rules in Campaign Paradiso) so the Treitak is linkable with Vanguard.

Anyat is specifically called out as being linkable with Vanguard in the Sectorial tables in the unit PDF and the back of HSN3's rule book. 

See, and I knew she was. But I couldn't find anything directly linking Treitak with Vanguard except for her. But she is listed as linkable by a special fireteam rule. It was complicated and I figured I'd ask before I rolled out to a tournament with it.

Thank you for the info!

There's currently no PDF for it, but Campaign: Paradiso (which is the only rules source for spec ops currently) specifically indicates in a table on page 173 which spec ops can be linked according to their base troop. 

CA's spec ops are unique in that instead of a 'factional' spec op with a base troop that varies, CA has sectorial spec ops with a locked in base troop. Hence, Treitak is a Vanguard and links with Vanguard, Corax is a Seed Soldier, and lost the ability to link in HSN3. I believe Corax is the only spec op that is not currently linkable.

(Bonus Trivia: You could argue that since the only base troop for Aleph is thorakitai, they also follow this, but Aleph has only 1 sectorial, and the spec op's name is not Greek)

I expect we'll get another option for a Chandra based on whatever the Vedic sectorial uses for a Spec-Op when that's eventually released. At some point I expect a Nexus based one too.