Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TaHu

Crazy question about crazy koalas

Question

So, we have taskmaster with crazy koalas, inside his and koalas ZoC there is model A and camo marker. Camo marker engages model A and makes a CC attack. Can koalas attack model B  what was under camo marker and how?

9 answers to this question

Yes, as they can camo trooper is revealed for the whole order so the CKs can attack at any part of the camo trooper's movement. 

If model B executes any non movement skills within the ZoC of the crazy koala then yes the koala will attack model B.

Stealth is ineffective against Equipment (ie Koalas), so it doesn't matter what they do they generate an ARO, you have to Boost.

Thanks, my opponent wasn't sure if if they can boost in CC.

9 hours ago, inane.imp said:

Stealth is ineffective against Equipment (ie Koalas), so it doesn't matter what they do they generate an ARO, you have to Boost.

I can not verify whether this is actually true or not, can't find it under Perimeter. Not only can't I find anything saying equipment or Perimeter ignores stealth, but Perimeter says 

In the Reactive Turn, a Perimeter Item can only perform a
Boost. If the Perimeter Item is able to declare Boost, its ARO
will be always different from the bearer’s.

My added emphasis. 

44 minutes ago, Mahtamori said:

I can not verify whether this is actually true or not, can't find it under Perimeter. Not only can't I find anything saying equipment or Perimeter ignores stealth,

From Stealth...

Stealth, Sixth Sense and Deployable Equipment

This Special Skill is not effective against troopers with the Sixth Sense Special Skill nor, for obvious reasons, against Deployable Weapons or Equipment (MinesE/Maulers...).

9 hours ago, IJW Wartrader said:

From Stealth...

Stealth, Sixth Sense and Deployable Equipment

This Special Skill is not effective against troopers with the Sixth Sense Special Skill nor, for obvious reasons, against Deployable Weapons or Equipment (MinesE/Maulers...).

What people say about the layout of these rules is sometimes very true. Do you think this could be added to Deployable Weapons in the http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Traits page? Possibly as a reminder for Perimeter once HSN3 gets to the wiki as well?

I'll add something, but this isn't really a strong case of obtuseness - it's two rules and you only looked at one of them. :( 

I actually checked Stealth but missed the line outside the rules box because when checking large amount of rules I skip examples. I figured the exception should be noted as a rule for equipment, so I did a search through both N3 and HSN3 PDFs for equipment* rules and couldn't find any rules that applied to all equipment. So yeah, I actually did a more thorough search than you assumed.

What they say is that the rules are a bit exhausting to read and that the rule you're looking for might be just about anywhere.

* "equipment" has way too many hits per page in N3 rules so I did a registry and index search instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0