EpicDiceFail

Blackjacks? What Blackjacks?

233 posts in this topic

Since I'm unabashedly horrible on conversions, has anyone out there converted their own Blackjacks?

I'm too lazy to think about it right now.:unsure:

Honestly, I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of a dossier/concept and the purported shifting to Caledonia for resculpts.

It makes me think this is going to be pushed back and potentially show up in the Kazaks as well but renamed.

I might get one of the new Konflict 47 US medium walkers to use as one. Just need a look at the size of them. 

I used UNA tac arms from AT43. There are pictures floating around somewhere. Any way MM has boxes of 3 for $18.

side note...

I have this crazy theory that the last two S5 infantry models sculpted (taskmaster and Al Fasid) were actually prototype blackjacks (early in conception) that looked more appropriate in other armies. They came out ridiculousy fast considering when they were introduced in game compared to the BJ which has been an idea since before July 2015. 

4 hours ago, CaptainAriadna said:

I have this crazy theory that the last two S5 infantry models sculpted (taskmaster and Al Fasid) were actually prototype blackjacks (early in conception) that looked more appropriate in other armies. They came out ridiculousy fast considering when they were introduced in game compared to the BJ which has been an idea since before July 2015. 

Honestly, I get the feeling that it's just that they don't know what they want the Blackjacks to actually be.

We know that they're big, we know that they have a relatively impressive set of armament for an infantry unit in Ariadna, and we know that they all have chest mines. We don't really know anything beyond that--oh yeah, and that the prototypes were painted black and that Dozers know how to repair the "Buffalo" armor series.

I'm waiting the next haqqislam HI. I don't know how I'm going to convert the ml for a suitable t2 sniper. But the misiles in his wrist looks  like perfect Coca-Cola bottles for a soldier of the land which has the last fabric at the universe.

On September 12, 2016 at 0:25 AM, EpicBattleBaggz said:

Since I'm unabashedly horrible on conversions, has anyone out there converted their own Blackjacks?

I'm too lazy to think about it right now.:unsure:

I used the Haqislam Azra'il models

http://www.gamenerdz.com/infinity-haqqislam-special-deterrance-group-azrail-ap-hmg

http://www.gamenerdz.com/infinity-haqqislam-special-deterrance-group-azrail

or follow @Jandrus' advice and buy the Al Fissad HMG (from Red Veil) & the new HRL blister coming out soon.

The big walker for the Blackstone Mercs in Human Interface Nakamura Tower looks promising too. 

On 9/13/2016 at 7:44 PM, Golem2God said:

I used the Haqislam Azra'il models

http://www.gamenerdz.com/infinity-haqqislam-special-deterrance-group-azrail-ap-hmg

http://www.gamenerdz.com/infinity-haqqislam-special-deterrance-group-azrail

or follow @Jandrus' advice and buy the Al Fissad HMG (from Red Veil) & the new HRL blister coming out soon.

I've got one now that I'm working on, but good point!

On 9/13/2016 at 5:01 AM, CaptainAriadna said:

I used UNA tac arms from AT43. There are pictures floating around somewhere. Any way MM has boxes of 3 for $18.

side note...

I saw those. They look a little on the small size, but I could be wrong?

On 9/12/2016 at 2:10 AM, mr_nuts31 said:

Here's mine, it's not as hard as you think.

http://imgur.com/a/dDpbn

LOVE the cowboy hat!

Here is mine I made out of an Azra'il.

DSC00401.thumb.JPG.b62994b0df213d8c1e2c2

DSC00402.thumb.JPG.79f9eb6c94eadfc7819a5

DSC00403.thumb.JPG.256e4b8857887c015da53

Here's the one I built that I haven't gotten around to painting yet. I found the model on sale at a game store, it's the IMEF Bulldog from the Reaper Chronoscope line. It's actually about the perfect size. I chopped off the big box magazine with exposed cannon shells and replaced it with a bit of pencil I sawed up, and used a paintbrush protector and the barrel of a Flames of War M4 Sherman to make the DEP, and spare tracks from said Sherman for the chest mines. I think he looks pretty good, although I'm considering breaking off the canopy thing and gluing it back in the closed position.

IMG_20160622_005321_zpszcbtdvzs.jpg

Pulse-Mech-support-autocannons-800x800.j

ajax-main-800x800.jpg

cqb-golliath-closed-800x800.jpg

I fear that the sniper model can ruin the whole miniature, ariadna snipers look quite silly, its just the rifle with a not particularly detailed scope an a longer barrel, the t2 is not that much better.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎05 at 5:07 PM, MATRAKA14 said:

Pulse-Mech-support-autocannons-800x800.j

ajax-main-800x800.jpg

cqb-golliath-closed-800x800.jpg

I fear that the sniper model can ruin the whole miniature, ariadna snipers look quite silly, its just the rifle with a not particularly detailed scope an a longer barrel, the t2 is not that much better.

yeah the Anvil Ajax models work great for blackjacks. I feel they strike that nice balance of looking high tech enough for ariadna, but low tech by comparison to everyone else. And looking like they'd be a bit slower too.

I made three into my own blackjacks conversions. With some dream forge games Valkyr parts.

WP_20170102_012.jpg

WP_20161228_001.jpg

2 hours ago, Kreslack said:

yeah the Anvil Ajax models work great for blackjacks. I feel they strike that nice balance of looking high tech enough for ariadna, but low tech by comparison to everyone else. And looking like they'd be a bit slower too.

I made three into my own blackjacks conversions. With some dream forge games Valkyr parts.

WP_20170102_012.jpg

Is there any way to get just the gun? it will fit nicely the anaconda.

So, my guy looks like this, check it out:

20170104_140130_zpsibn0pjhl.jpg

The drones are stand-ins for Traktor Muls in my USARF, as well.

2 hours ago, MATRAKA14 said:

Is there any way to get just the gun? it will fit nicely the anaconda.

could be difficult to just get the gun. It's part of the Dream Forge games PanzerJager kit. Which I think might have been discontinued. : ( which is too bad cause they had excellent weapon options in that one.

6 hours ago, Kreslack said:

could be difficult to just get the gun. It's part of the Dream Forge games PanzerJager kit. Which I think might have been discontinued. : ( which is too bad cause they had excellent weapon options in that one.

They are not discontinued. I bought a product from the Dreamforge Games website in December. Plus you can grab some Dreamforge products on ebay if you would rather go there.

12 hours ago, Golem2God said:

They are not discontinued. I bought a product from the Dreamforge Games website in December. Plus you can grab some Dreamforge products on ebay if you would rather go there.

just checked. Your right Golem. The Panzerjagers weren't discontinued they were just entirely out of stock for a while.

Alkasyn those Drone Muls are awesome.