EpicDiceFail

Blackjacks? What Blackjacks?

233 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Kreslack said:

just checked. Your right Golem. The Panzerjagers weren't discontinued they were just entirely out of stock for a while.

Alkasyn those Drone Muls are awesome.

Hey, thanks! The only problem is the base size - the original Muls are on 55 mm an d these guys are on c.a 25, I will have to remember that they are not able to fit everywhere I want them to. I was contemplating using the 55 bases with these drones, but they looked way to silly.

On January 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Alkasyn said:

So, my guy looks like this, check it out:

20170104_140130_zpsibn0pjhl.jpg

The drones are stand-ins for Traktor Muls in my USARF, as well.

I came for blackjack ideas but now need to know about those drones-- what base mini are you using ?

It's these little boys: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/210632/human-interface-nakamura-tower-masamune-drones

Also Nakamura Tower models - in essence, the models from that game fit perfectly when it comes to size and are a little more cyberpunk than Infinity miniatures, but if that doesn't annoy you then you got a lot of nice proxies, especially for Heavy Infantry types.

You get 5 in this box and in my case I paid around 35 USD for the box. I used the leftovers for prizes at a local tournament :) 

I'll try to get some better pictures of the Drones and the Blakjack here:

20170109_104647%201_zpsomzgt7bn.jpg

20170109_104638_zpsiwjnl3mm.jpg

4 hours ago, Monni said:

this is mine, alltough so far he is the only painted model from my USAriadna...

847402_sm-Ariadna%2C%20Blackjack%2C%20Co

845467_sm-5-0%2C%20Ariadna%2C%20Detroit%

mmmmm, Robocop ... LOL

On 9/16/2016 at 3:04 AM, Sgt. Rock said:

Here's the one I built that I haven't gotten around to painting yet. I found the model on sale at a game store, it's the IMEF Bulldog from the Reaper Chronoscope line. It's actually about the perfect size. I chopped off the big box magazine with exposed cannon shells and replaced it with a bit of pencil I sawed up, and used a paintbrush protector and the barrel of a Flames of War M4 Sherman to make the DEP, and spare tracks from said Sherman for the chest mines. I think he looks pretty good, although I'm considering breaking off the canopy thing and gluing it back in the closed position.

IMG_20160622_005321_zpszcbtdvzs.jpg

Love That!

On 1/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, JohnnyH5 said:

mmmmm, Robocop ... LOL

OMG......I want 2 of those.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:07 PM, MATRAKA14 said:

Pulse-Mech-support-autocannons-800x800.j

ajax-main-800x800.jpg

cqb-golliath-closed-800x800.jpg

I fear that the sniper model can ruin the whole miniature, ariadna snipers look quite silly, its just the rifle with a not particularly detailed scope an a longer barrel, the t2 is not that much better.

DUDE! Where did you get that?

On 1/7/2017 at 6:51 AM, MATRAKA14 said:

Is there any way to get just the gun? it will fit nicely the anaconda.

That's a great conversion.....Love it!

On 1/7/2017 at 2:24 AM, Kreslack said:

yeah the Anvil Ajax models work great for blackjacks. I feel they strike that nice balance of looking high tech enough for ariadna, but low tech by comparison to everyone else. And looking like they'd be a bit slower too.

I made three into my own blackjacks conversions. With some dream forge games Valkyr parts.

WP_20170102_012.jpg

WP_20161228_001.jpg

Those are amazing. I wish I could justify buying the kits to make them, but I don't even play USARF...

The Robocop blackjack is such a fun twist. Which variant do you use him for?

Thank you Sgt Rock. You can also still take 1 blackjack in vanilla Ariadna. The Valkyr also happen to make outstanding Space Marines or Pan-O heavy infantry. Used a few of mine as knights before. And the eisenkern storm troopers as fusiliers.

Also got one of my Blackjacks all painted up. Looks a bit like the Master Chief. But he looks awesome with the rest of my USAriadna

WP_20170117_002.jpg

I'm also using a Haq Azra'il with HMG. So far I've omitted the shield but am also looking for conversion ideas myself.

So I choose to go the easy route. Darn ITS rules prevent me from using what I want. All I have to say is I HOPE Carlos is reading this and sees the size of this gun. It HAS to be at least this big if not bigger for the T2 rifle. Big Corvus Belli...BIG!

IMG_1993.JPG

5 hours ago, EpicDiceFail said:

So I choose to go the easy route. Darn ITS rules prevent me from using what I want. All I have to say is I HOPE Carlos is reading this and sees the size of this gun. It HAS to be at least this big if not bigger for the T2 rifle. Big Corvus Belli...BIG!

IMG_1993.JPG

Where did you get the rifle from? I always wanted to do something like that.

Looks like a Dust piece.

Im afraid that im not oryginal in thos topic...but these models looks like created for Blackjacks...maybe new Azrail models didnt sell too well, so... ;)

T2 Sniper on left, AP HMG on right

IMG_20170304_223423.jpg

1 hour ago, ziabella said:

IMG_20170304_223423.jpg

How di you create the lady in the middle?

3 minutes ago, Golem2God said:

How di you create the lady in the middle?

My grunt Spec-ops ? Nakamura Tower ;) with Hexas Sniper or someone left hand ;)

8 minutes ago, ziabella said:

Nakamura Tower

Where did you get her? I would like to track one down myself.

5 minutes ago, Golem2God said:

Where did you get her? I would like to track one down myself.

I buy her from friend who got models from kickstarter or something. Its cyberpunk game with many models great as Nomads or Aleph proxy.

9 minutes ago, ziabella said:

I buy her from friend who got models from kickstarter or something. Its cyberpunk game with many models great as Nomads or Aleph proxy.

Ah, thank you. I'll search the interweb and see what I can come up with.

1 hour ago, Golem2God said:

Ah, thank you. I'll search the interweb and see what I can come up with.

Human Interface Nakamura Tower is the full name (or HINT).

On March 3, 2017 at 10:44 PM, mr_nuts31 said:

Where did you get the rifle from? I always wanted to do something like that.

I got the gun from SSU heavy infantry sniper team from DUST. Loved that game. You can still find them at online gaming stores. I'm hoping to use the mini gun from the same line of figs when I get the chance to convert another Blackjack. 

Well, I just found my Blackjacks! I'll probably do a weapon swap (I prefer weapons mounted on the back of their arms, or over the shoulder), and some other detail work (like chest mines), but they could just be left as-is. They're 45mm tall to the top of the head, which is the height of a S5 silhouette, perfect!

a47680_eccc11796cf44ec591427d6ecb0a7fff.jpg