EpicDiceFail

Blackjacks? What Blackjacks?

233 posts in this topic

I have not had a good experience ordering a pair of those from Albino.  I ordered in late January.  I never received any communication when I asked for tracking or an ETA.  I eventually (late March '17) started a Paypal case against him.  He provided a supposed tracking number from UPS at the beginning of this month (April '17) that didn't work and I have yet to see anything. Paypal just settled the case in my favor and refunded my $31.

Not saying he won't deliver or that it's a scam, but tread lightly.

55 minutes ago, Paulie771 said:

Thanks for the heads up Paul.

23 hours ago, Paulie771 said:

I have not had a good experience ordering a pair of those from Albino.  I ordered in late January.  I never received any communication when I asked for tracking or an ETA.  I eventually (late March '17) started a Paypal case against him.  He provided a supposed tracking number from UPS at the beginning of this month (April '17) that didn't work and I have yet to see anything. Paypal just settled the case in my favor and refunded my $31.

Well, wish me luck! Hahaha.

1 hour ago, TheDiceAbide said:

Well, wish me luck! Hahaha.

I bet everything will go smoothly for you.

I hope it does.  I'm still on the lookout for the models as I'd really like to have them.  If they show up, I'll send the guy the money he's due.

I'll be sure to update when/if I ever hear from him, or receive them. :)

I just stumbled across these from Human Interface, has anyone compared them to Infinity miniatures? I'm really digging The Flash, and it comes with both an HMG and Sniper option... If they're on a 25mm base, then that means they're pretty big (like S5).

eb03cc30f4ef3449a4c7f80ce6aae50f.jpg

f2260401b93fe2ace1b9dc486a2509e0.jpg

exo-paint.jpg

Quick photoshop paint to a more Ariadna scheme.

I liked them enough to go ahead and use my refund from Albino and ordered them both.  Great find! It was 31.90 euros shipped State side. Figure two or three weeks delivery. As soon as I have them I'll post some pics. If they aren't the right size, I'll find something to do with them.

56 minutes ago, Paulie771 said:

I liked them enough to go ahead and use my refund from Albino and ordered them both.  Great find! It was 31.90 euros shipped State side. Figure two or three weeks delivery. As soon as I have them I'll post some pics. If they aren't the right size, I'll find something to do with them.

Well, they're supposed to be on 25mm bases, so this is about how big they should be, which looks good enough for me! I'm working on that refund too, no response to any emails in a week...

hint-scale-1.jpg

4 hours ago, TheDiceAbide said:

415x498.png.c8c5dd2f57374046b8444e3121735a66.png

Quick photoshop paint to a more Ariadna scheme.

Hmmm, that machinegun ...

jorge_right3.jpg

I'm always late to these things!

Got mine from a Dust model. Also got a couple for sniper variants.
It covers the bases I looked for, being Lo-Tech and Chunky

blackjack.jpg

17 hours ago, Vain said:

blackjack.jpg

Nice Idea.

Here is a group shot with my Sniper Variants as well.

blackjacks.jpg

7 hours ago, Vain said:

Here is a group shot with my Sniper Variants as well.

Well that is just perfect. You got both loadouts on a model were everyone can easily tell what weapon they are carrying. I hope this models were gotten for a good/reasonable price.

I think I got a few boxes of 3 models for $6-$8 US from Miniature Market when they were having a sale.

Originally were going to be the base of some 40k Centurion conversions that never got started.
Honestly still got a bunch left over I will pass on to others who like the concept in my local area.

8 hours ago, Vain said:

I think I got a few boxes of 3 models for $6-$8 US from Miniature Market when they were having a sale.

I actually remember seeing them at that price during that particular sale. Glad you picked them up for a very good deal.

On 2016-9-12 at 2:32 PM, Kanluwen said:

Honestly, I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of a dossier/concept and the purported shifting to Caledonia for resculpts.

It makes me think this is going to be pushed back and potentially show up in the Kazaks as well but renamed.

Le Cough Les Frenchies pensent qu'il too bloodly long since update!

13 hours ago, Phototoxin said:

Le Cough Les Frenchies pensent qu'il too bloodly long since update!

To be fair, we knew that the French were being put aside for a complete overhaul like Shasvastii.

It still doesn't change that I find it preposterous that a centerpiece unit,in my opinion, like the Blackjack didn't even have concept art when the range launched.

Also, I hope the French get something really cool. Maybe they could get a guntruck?

Is there a compiler thread of "what we know" I'm hearing whispers of Acheron falls after a paradiso book. Of terracotta sectorials, Varuna and Svlarheimidaddle and White Army stuff, Russian/Khazak sectorials too. (Anything I've missed?) But they seem like wishlisting!

We know that we know nothing.

32 minutes ago, Phototoxin said:

Is there a compiler thread of "what we know" I'm hearing whispers of Acheron falls after a paradiso book. Of terracotta sectorials, Varuna and Svlarheimidaddle and White Army stuff, Russian/Khazak sectorials too. (Anything I've missed?) But they seem like wishlisting!

You are so behind, comrade ;)

"Acheron Falls" is being split into two books and the first one is a rework of Paradiso with at least one new sectorial per faction. These include TAK, Ramah, Tunguska, Shas, Invincible Army, Varuna, Vedic, and Triumvariate. Possibly even Mercs. This book is supposed to be out next year.

Next book will be the others, like Khanate, FRRM, White Banner, Svarl (-whatever the rest is), Blackhand, whatever CA thing, whatever Tohaa thing, whatever ALEPH thing,  Mercs or more Mercs, and O-12. This book is slotted for sometime in the somewhat near future. I'm guessing 2020 at the earliest, but realistically around 2021, 2022.

1 hour ago, Jandrus said:

We know that we know nothing.

That is a phrase to remember. Well done Jandrus, well done.

5 hours ago, Pride of Rodina said:

"Acheron Falls" is being split into two books and the first one is a rework of Paradiso with at least one new sectorial per faction. These include TAK, Ramah, Tunguska, Shas, Invincible Army, Varuna, Vedic, and Triumvariate. Possibly even Mercs. This book is supposed to be out next year.

Next book will be the others, like Khanate, FRRM, White Banner, Svarl (-whatever the rest is), Blackhand, whatever CA thing, whatever Tohaa thing, whatever ALEPH thing,  Mercs or more Mercs, and O-12. This book is slotted for sometime in the somewhat near future. I'm guessing 2020 at the earliest, but realistically around 2021, 2022.

I've been away.from the game.for 18 months or so!

17 hours ago, Pride of Rodina said:

Unless they've specifically commented on Black Hand recently; consider it dead.

Back with Campaign: Paradiso, some of the brainpicking I got to do on Bostria via Facebook had what are now Bandits, Grenzers, etc.

34 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

Unless they've specifically commented on Black Hand recently; consider it dead.

Then what will the fourth Nomad sectorial be? Seems odd they're dropping Blackhand in favor of some completely new and random sectorial instead. But hey, who knows with CB? :P