EpicDiceFail

Blackjacks? What Blackjacks?

89 posts in this topic

Just now, Pride of Rodina said:

Then what will the fourth Nomad sectorial be? Seems odd they're dropping Blackhand in favor of some completely new and random sectorial instead. But hey, who knows with CB? :P 

Was it even confirmed they're going to get a fourth Sectorial?

I mean, it could be that we get the one Merc Company that is based within the Nomad Nation as a dual Sectorial(Nomad and Mercenary) for their counts.

Way back when I was trying to weasel information out, I was being told that it was something they were having trouble conceptualizing. I can't be surprised by that, honestly, since it was one of those ideas that seems great on paper(covert operations! woo!) but in practice they've essentially killed the idea before it even started by doing nonsense like building up the Moiras as the "bulk of the military might of the Black Hand"...

IF we see Black Hand, expect it in Tunguska ala Observance. You can definitely see how Bakunin started out as its own thing but then got the Observance shuffled in when they realized neither one really made for a complete sectorial(which makes the poor job on properly fleshing out NCA and SAA at their initial launch all the more amusing).

Just now, Kanluwen said:

Was it even confirmed they're going to get a fourth Sectorial?

I mean, it could be that we get the one Merc Company that is based within the Nomad Nation as a dual Sectorial(Nomad and Mercenary) for their counts.

Way back when I was trying to weasel information out, I was being told that it was something they were having trouble conceptualizing. I can't be surprised by that, honestly, since it was one of those ideas that seems great on paper(covert operations! woo!) but in practice they've essentially killed the idea before it even started by doing nonsense like building up the Moiras as the "bulk of the military might of the Black Hand"...

IF we see Black Hand, expect it in Tunguska ala Observance. You can definitely see how Bakunin started out as its own thing but then got the Observance shuffled in when they realized neither one really made for a complete sectorial(which makes the poor job on properly fleshing out NCA and SAA at their initial launch all the more amusing).

Every faction is getting another sectorial after Campaign Paradiso N3, in the next book. I guess it could be a Nomad Merc-heavy sectorial, like QK, but they're definitely getting a fourth one.

Yeah, if Black Hand really is the fourth Nomad sectorial, it'll be kind of like an Nomad version of Onyx, combining Black Hand troops from all across the different sectorials.

Either way, that's all I say in this thread about the Black Hand. I don't want to derail it any further :) We might want to start a Black Hand thread....

We've had several. This thread isn't really doing much anyways, it just sits there waiting for any information at all. Which we won't be getting, because they still don't even know what the hell to make Blackjacks look like despite there being a plethora of art and concepts for them to get "inspired" by.

And if the Black Hand "really is the fourth Nomad sectorial", it's going to be hella disappointing to anyone expecting it to be a real covert ops force. They've made sure of that. It would basically be Observance with Tunguska and Bakunin friends.

Well, never got a response from Albino Raven and got my refund... Looking forward to my HINT minis!

10 hours ago, TheDiceAbide said:

Well, never got a response from Albino Raven and got my refund... Looking forward to my HINT minis!

That is terrible news. I wonder what is going on or what is wrong with Mr. Raven?

On 5/11/2017 at 0:15 AM, Golem2God said:

That is terrible news. I wonder what is going on or what is wrong with Mr. Raven?

Well, I don't know exactly.  I received my refund weeks ago from Paypal, but then this showed up today:

LcfD9CO.jpg

Now I need to get him his $31.  

4 hours ago, Paulie771 said:

I agree. You should send him the 31$. You still want the mini right?

12 hours ago, Golem2God said:

I agree. You should send him the 31$. You still want the mini right?

I've still got the minis from HINT inbound as well.  I'll decide which I prefer when I have them next to each other.  I may end up selling these.  Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to modify the other one to hold a sniper rifle of some sort for the other profile.

On 5/13/2017 at 3:18 PM, Paulie771 said:

Well, I don't know exactly.  I received my refund weeks ago from Paypal, but then this showed up today:

Well crap... I hope I didn't just do the same thing, hahaha.

Ok, so my HINT minis arrived yesterday and I just now managed to get some pics taken.  I didn't completely assemble the HINTs in case I preferred the Albino Power Armor minis.  Here are the pics:

fKW63bJ.jpg

S5EamQm.jpg

ND5nATN.jpg

undBTgd.jpg

So the HINTs are much better IMHO.  They are better proportioned for S5 minis and would blend in well with the aesthetic of Corvus Belli's miniature line.  The Albino offering is surprisingly big when compared to a S5 silhouette template. One of the HINTs may be just a millimeter or so too tall, but it is a matter of line of sight.

So, I've decided to keep the HINTs and I'll be selling the Albino's.  I have two, one assembled and one not if anyone is interested. If you want to get the HINTs, "The Flash (EXOS)" mini comes with both an HMG and a sniper rifle, so you could magnetize the arms if you're skilled and only going to run one or get two, one for each sculpt (or mag both to run two of each). I may end up selling the Gutierez and get another "Flash" to keep the models similar.

Hope this helps everyone.

@Paulie771 Thanks a ton for putting this up, any chance you can show the Flash next to a Grunt? I actually just got my HINT Flash miniature in the mail today, only downside is I ordered 3 and received 1... :(

I haven't had a chance to check the scale yet, so thanks a ton for doing that!

Sure mate:

tYmBMM9.jpg

Only thing is I forgot the S5 guys need 40mm bases and I'm out at the moment.  Have to rebase these once I get another set.  Also, Gutierez is growing on me.  I might keep both. I'm sure in the history of Dawn there was more than one make or Mark of Blackjack armor...

The resin one looks ridiculously stupid.

I hope that's not the direction they decide to go for the Blackjacks. It looks like a kid's meal toy.

This is my Blackjack conversion.   

dVpvf7K.jpg

GN81Kzp.jpg

The base model is the azra'il feuerbach.   The sniper rifle, camo roll, and tank are from the Dust Tactics Steel guards sniper team models.  The pouch and SMG type gun is from Dreamforge games, Eisenkern valker heavy troopers box.  (great models or bits for other games).   After this picture was taken I filled in the shoulder pad lotus so to be less Haqq like.

My main goals were to make a proxy that was immediately recognizable as the profile it was representing and to make a proxy that was acceptable in ITS tournaments.

I am currently in the process of modding another azrail model to represent the AP HMG.