Abd Al-Azrad

What is the most popular faction?

Which faction is the most popular?   60 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction do you play the most or have the most interest in?

2. 2. Which sectorial do you prefer?

• Vanilla Panoceania
    • Military orders
    • Neoterran
    • Acontecimento
    • Vanilla Yu Jing
    • Japanese sectorial army
    • Imperial service
    • Vanilla Ariadna
    • Merovingian Rapid Response Force
    • Kilt people , highlanders
    • USA Ariadna
    • Vanilla Haqqislam
    • Hassassins
    • Qapu Khalqi
    • Vanilla Nomads
    • Corregidor
    • Bakunin
    • Vanilla Combined
    • Morats
    • None of the above.
  3. 3. Sectorials continued

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

I was just wondering which faction is the most popular? Go ahead and vote for whichever army is your favorite or whichever armies you play.

I am greatly disappointed in the lack of sectorials and definitely disappointed in the lack of a "Kazaks" option.

;)

Just now, Pride of Rodina said:

I am greatly disappointed in the lack of sectorials and definitely disappointed in the lack of a "Kazaks" option.

;)

Do you want me to remake this with the sectorials? Actually I might do that anyway just because I am curious. I can't just edit the options can I ?

3 minutes ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

Do you want me to remake this with the sectorials? Actually I might do that anyway just because I am curious. I can't just edit the options can I ?

I was just being factitious, but now I'm generally curious too.

I do believe you should be able to just edit the options, but it'll require two categories (too many factions for one poll category) and data might be skewed as people already voted and probably won't again.

8 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

I was just being factitious, but now I'm generally curious too.

I do believe you should be able to just edit the options, but it'll require two categories (too many factions for one poll category) and data might be skewed as people already voted and probably won't again.

I added the sectorial options.  Unfortunately Kazaks still aren't a sectorial , at least not yet.

It's fine if the data is a little off , I was more curious about the factions in general.

Dig the topic : D can you put a no-vote option in the sectorial questions?; the system requires that you select one from each.

2 hours ago, Myomer said:

Dig the topic : D can you put a no-vote option in the sectorial questions?; the system requires that you select one from each.

I have now placed said option. Also wooooooooooooooo pan o and Haqq for the win!

Since I can't vote again, my second choices would be PanO & Military Orders.

Just thought I would put that out there.

We should do another one of these when the new book comes out and include the new sectorials or in the Shasvastii's case reworked sectorial.

12 minutes ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

I have now placed said option. Also wooooooooooooooo pan o and Haqq for the win!

I might play Haqq in the future but with two different factions already on my plate I'm just concentrating on them first before I get ahead of myself.

"Kilt people?" Really? They have a name, you know...

Wish I could vote again... or fix my votes.

This might be a bit off topic, but the past few games I've played or have witnessed in person have featured single appearances of: Military Orders, Morats, JSA, Qapu Khalqi, and generic PanOceania, Haqqislam, Yu Jing, and Nomads. Occasionally, I hear people complain about the ubiquity of US Ariadna, but in my experience, there isn't one dominant faction on a group-by-group basis. It's pretty cool how the art and rules of each generic army and sectorial are balanced enough to appeal so broadly.

Forgive me for flipping on the internet dork jerk switch right now, but I can't stand the term "vanilla". They're called Generic Armies and Sectorial Armies. I don't understand why people continue to use a weird colloquial word that's a plant and flavor for something that is established in the rules and is adequate in its description and does not need a substitute.

8 minutes ago, Whale said:

Forgive me for flipping on the internet dork jerk switch right now, but I can't stand the term "vanilla". They're called Generic Armies and Sectorial Armies. I don't understand why people continue to use a weird colloquial word that's a plant and flavor for something that is established in the rules and is adequate in its description and does not need a substitute.

I have no problem with people using the term Vanilla for the full factions in Infinity.

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

"Kilt people?" Really? They have a name, you know...

Oh I know they have a name. That was directly meant to insult that particular sectorial.

25 minutes ago, Whale said:

This might be a bit off topic, but the past few games I've played or have witnessed in person have featured single appearances of: Military Orders, Morats, JSA, Qapu Khalqi, and generic PanOceania, Haqqislam, Yu Jing, and Nomads. Occasionally, I hear people complain about the ubiquity of US Ariadna, but in my experience, there isn't one dominant faction on a group-by-group basis. It's pretty cool how the art and rules of each generic army and sectorial are balanced enough to appeal so broadly.

Forgive me for saying so but... well I don't really care that you dislike the term vanilla. That is what almost everyone I know uses to refer to the generic armies. I also guarantee that if I called them generic Haqqislam or generic pan oceania people would complain that it was weird to refer to them in the pool as generic. Now i'm not saying they would be like super upset but still.

37 minutes ago, BaleWolf said:

Wish I could vote again... or fix my votes.

Sorry , I wish I could correct my vote to Haqqislam And QK but it won't let me change either. What would yours be? HB ?

6 minutes ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

Sorry , I wish I could correct my vote to Haqqislam And QK but it won't let me change either. What would yours be? HB ?

It's ok. I'd be voting for all of Haqqislam, then Ariadna and USAR, and then Nomads and Corregidor. Looking at the stats for Interplanatary and other high player tournaments can show a good demographic as well I think, as it lets you see what people like to bring competitively as well (though only one faction per person at a time).

Just now, BaleWolf said:

It's ok. I'd be voting for all of Haqqislam, then Ariadna and USAR, and then Nomads and Corregidor. Looking at the stats for Interplanatary and other high player tournaments can show a good demographic as well I think, as it lets you see what people like to bring competitively as well (though only one faction per person at a time).

Yeah I wish I had thought of doing the sectorials before I put it up. Also it seems like a lot of people like US ariadna. Though my two factions (haqq and pan o ) are still winning so i'm happy about that.

Should have called them "blokes in skirts" if you wanted to insult them.  Calling them "the kilt people" is like calling the others "pants wearers" (although the few scots that I know do pronounced "killed" as "kilt" - as in "the last person to call it a 'skirt' got kilt".

4 minutes ago, chromedog said:

Should have called them "blokes in skirts" if you wanted to insult them.  Calling them "the kilt people" is like calling the others "pants wearers" (although the few scots that I know do pronounced "killed" as "kilt" - as in "the last person to call it a 'skirt' got kilt".

I figured that was the least offensive way I could say it without more or less just calling them words I'm not even sure if you can use on the forum.

Operation Firestorm was our poll for 'which faction is most popular'. Check out the results.

1 minute ago, Vaulsc said:

Operation Firestorm was our poll for 'which faction is most popular'. Check out the results.

Guess i'll have to check that out, thanks :D

@Whale "vanilla" is a common term across games for "default" or "basic". Considering that sectorials came out as an expansion, players at the time probably started calling general lists Vanilla in reference to that.

I was under the impression that Nomads are the most played faction, at least in ITS. I don't recall where I heard that, maybe it was just an assumption I made at some point.

19 minutes ago, Loricus said:

@Whale "vanilla" is a common term across games for "default" or "basic". Considering that sectorials came out as an expansion, players at the time probably started calling general lists Vanilla in reference to that.

I was under the impression that Nomads are the most played faction, at least in ITS. I don't recall where I heard that, maybe it was just an assumption I made at some point.

You know a lot of people really like nomads but I just don't get into them. I bought a small nomad army and now it mostly ends up being used by my friends when we want ot have a friendly game.

@Loricus I have seen a few faction polls on different sites, and Nomads usually polls most popular (by a narrow margin).  ALEPH, Ariadna, Combined Army, Haqqislam, PanOceania and Yu Jing are usually fairly close, with Tohaa tending to trail as the least popular.

1 hour ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

I figured that was the least offensive way I could say it without more or less just calling them words I'm not even sure if you can use on the forum.

What exactly do you have against them? Have you been repeatedly brutalized on the tabletop by Caledonia players? We have a tendency to do that, so I understand...

1 minute ago, Sgt. Rock said:

What exactly do you have against them? Have you been repeatedly brutalized on the tabletop by Caledonia players? We have a tendency to do that, so I understand...

Actually I've only played 1 game against them and I won. Though I don't think that was the army itself.  He was new to ariadna and infinity in general. The other guy plays vanilla ariadna and I didn't have a hard time dealing with his scots either.  Actually the only time I've had any issue with ariadna is when they start popping smoke like crazy.

And in all honesty nothing other than I just think the models with kilts look silly. Similar to regular scots in kilts. I'm sorry but kilts just look ridiculous to me and I've been vocal about that for some time. Not on the forums mind you just to people I see in kilts. Granted that is usually just in good fun.

Though that has got me curious. I was thinking about getting into ariadna and I saw a couple of units I really liked. What units of that sectorial are good in vanilla?