TheMeth

The Meth of Cooking Art

70 posts in this topic

Very impressive work! 

Giving me some nice reference photos. Your blacks are great, and that ninja is just what I needed to see to help me with something I'm painting now. Black is my nemesis and the biggest hurdle in my painting... 

Well done, thanks for sharing.

Great work!!

Ninja is amazing, my compliments :thumb-up:, I saw behind the jotum a black Su Jian ready to be painted :music:.

Thank you very much. 

@hot fresh tofu: Your Welcome. Glad that it helps you.

3 hours ago, Mark_Harrigan said:

Great work!!

Ninja is amazing, my compliments :thumb-up:, I saw behind the jotum a black Su Jian ready to be painted :music:.

Hey Mark, is it that Mark from Arkham? 

Love that games. Yeah the Su Jian is already orange. Pictures coming soon.

I've Videodocumented the painting of the Ninja from priming till end. Only the base was made off camera. Im cutting the videosessions together and the whole thing will be separated in two videos. The airbrush part and the brush part. A bit boring sometimes but maybe useful for some beginners.

Yes, I took my name from one of the characters of Arkham, you're the first one who notices it ;), great game, I agree with you ;).

Thank you very much.

Does anybody can help me with the uploading of pictures? I cant add pictures to my post. Always says me that theres is a problem and upload failed with a -200 number.

Pictures smaller than 2mb. I tried everyday, always same issue.

Nice job once again on the ORC and akali. Highlighting looks great, I need to up my game.

nice ninja i like base .. and this reminds me i have to finish Dragon lady .. 0-o'

Hi, Added a Video Teaser from the painted Ninja with Bow in my first post. Im editing the making of, which i have recorded. Spend the last night with making the music for it.

I'm curious, as a nomad player: How did you do your red? It doesn't look like the red progression I use, but it doesn't have the orange or pink highlight tones I'm accustomed to seeing.

Thats one of the things, ive struggled a lot too. I highlight it with sunny skin tone from model color. It gives the red a warm tone and dont make it look like a lollipop when you go to white. Ivory is nice too, depands what color temperature you prefer.

10 minutes ago, jherazob said:

And you're not satisfied? :o

There is always a desire to do it better. Doesnt matter how good you are. Thats human beeing, and helps us to become better.

9 hours ago, Michael Bishop said:

On a scale of 1-10 I'm going to have to rate these an omfg.

Thank you very much

On 10/28/2016 at 7:06 PM, TheMeth said:

Thats one of the things, ive struggled a lot too. I highlight it with sunny skin tone from model color. It gives the red a warm tone and dont make it look like a lollipop when you go to white. Ivory is nice too, depands what color temperature you prefer.

Sunny skin tone and ivory. Got it. I've been progressing up a series of game color reds and it creates a very, very warm red. This is fine, but the high lights come out a little dull, and the rest of the colors are very cold, being a blue-white and a blue-black. Ill try both and see which I like. 

Thank you very much. I'd love to see you take a crack at a brigada or intruder: seeing how you use color breaks on the armor could be very educational, considering the yaun yaun.

1 hour ago, falsemind said:

Sunny skin tone and ivory. Got it. I've been progressing up a series of game color reds and it creates a very, very warm red. This is fine, but the high lights come out a little dull, and the rest of the colors are very cold, being a blue-white and a blue-black. Ill try both and see which I like. 

Thank you very much. I'd love to see you take a crack at a brigada or intruder: seeing how you use color breaks on the armor could be very educational, considering the yaun yaun.

Youre welcome. And yeah, the Nomads Intruder with sniper is a very nice model. I can imagine to paint this one.

purple rain .. i mean bike :)

4 hours ago, Maru said:

purple rain .. i mean bike :)

hahah legendary song btw (rip)

4 hours ago, frostphoenyx said:

Great choice of colors ! Stunning !

Actually the painting is ruined at the moment. Must start it from beginning, because i pulled parts of the color with masking stuff off. But next time it will be better arrrrrrrrr