Razek2648

Suppression, ARO's, and - MODs

Question

Hello, my friends and I are all quite new to Infinity and we've been playing plenty of games using proxies so we can get a hang of the rules before our kits come in. We were playing a 2v2 game today and all was going well, until we hit a bit of a snag...

You see, one of our opponents had put one of his men into Suppression not far from the position of our troops. We will call him troop A. Not far behind troop A, was a sniper that my friend wanted to shoot at. The sniper will be troop B. Well, my ally had wanted to shoot the sniper which naturally prompted AROs to be made. Both troop A and B made AROs against my ally. Now, the rules quote, "Enemy troopers apply a -3 MOD to their Attribute on all Face to Face Rolls against a trooper in Suppressive Fire."

So since trooper A was in suppressive fire along with the target, trooper B, we didn't know if my ally had to suffer the -3 MOD that comes from suppression. My ally wasn't acting against the trooper A. But the trait applies the -3 MOD to all face to face rolls. So now we're confused. Does suppressive fire only apply the -3 MOD when the target is the suppressor? Or does the -3 MOD apply to rolls made when a suppressor is participating in any ARO?

2 answers to this question

The suppression fire mod only affects the face to face rolls involving the troop in suppressive fire.

So in your case, no. Shooting at B would not take the -3 from suppression

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

FtF rolls with A would take the -3, FtF rolls against B would not.

Example:  Let's say your active trooper is an Algucil with a combi-rifle.  BS 11, burst 3.  You move up, both A and B declare AROs against you (BS attack or Supppressive Fire).  You decide to split your fire - 1 shot against A, 2 shots against B.

Assuming no other modifiers, you would need an 11 on your shots against B, but would need a 8 on your shot against A.