Nemo No Name

New Proxy Mk.V

44 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, colyork said:

I cannot remember if they said they would get a full box of them though, I hope so. 

We've seen both the render and sniper shot of the MK5... if the Mk 4 is rendered too, then it could well be a box set :)

My money is definitely on a second box set.

4 hours ago, Nemo No Name said:

However, your choice of words previously - sexy as a slab of concrete? What? O_o

I think he fails in several ways, and am sad that we've waited for 3 years for .. this? 

1 hour ago, ToadChild said:

My money is definitely on a second box set.

For 2 models? I'd rather a blister.

44 minutes ago, FatherKnowsBest said:

More likely 4 models. Multiple weapon profiles for each Mk

16 hours ago, colyork said:

Lightweight polymer weapon bodies, low impulse smart ammo, gyroscopic recoil compensation, and a cybernetically enhanced vat grown Lhost makes firing an SMG one handed somewhat trivial for a posthuman. Advanced targeting algorithms along with attention coprocessors and a neutral bridge make using two at once possible. 

Yes, it would be silly for a human, but this not a human, it's a Cyberpunk!

I'm not saying it's not possible to wield them one handed (especially with all the sci-fi-ness associated with the setting). I'm saying it looks dumb. Also, why carry two guns when you only point one at the enemy at a time?

3 minutes ago, Fathoym said:

More likely 4 models. Multiple weapon profiles for each Mk

I'm not saying it's not possible to wield them one handed (especially with all the sci-fi-ness associated with the setting). I'm saying it looks dumb. Also, why carry two guns when you only point one at the enemy at a time?

When Ivan have two gun, can point at TWO enemy! Twice the enemy shoot!

1 minute ago, theGricks said:

when have two guns, can point at TWO enemies! Twice the enemies shoot!

Is the other enemy lying on the ground directly in front of him? If so I retract my criticism and it all makes complete sense ;)

2 hours ago, Parintachin said:

I think he fails in several ways, and am sad that we've waited for 3 years for .. this? 

I was just perplexed on your exact adjective.

But regarding this new claim... Sculpt fails for you. For me it looks awesome, and I have some faint suspicions I am not alone in that assesment.

1 hour ago, Fathoym said:

Is the other enemy lying on the ground directly in front of him? If so I retract my criticism and it all makes complete sense ;)

Because having two guns means always firing two guns, dammit!

1 hour ago, Nemo No Name said:

Because having two guns means always firing two guns, dammit!

But that's exactly my point? When is it ever beneficial to carry two guns if you're only firing one at a time? Any don't say you can shoot longer before reloading, because holding two guns makes it much more difficult to reload either gun. It is just silly.

2 minutes ago, Fathoym said:

But that's exactly my point? When is it ever beneficial to carry two guns if you're only firing one at a time? Any don't say you can shoot longer before reloading, because holding two guns makes it much more difficult to reload either gun. It is just silly.

Someone sarcasm does not get.

There is huge number of reason why you might be firing only one gun. Other might be empty. Enemy showed only for a second and you used the closer gun rather than losing opportunity by waiting to bring other to bear. Or you just want to have maximum coverage so you use one at a time, shooting whichever one is closer for intercept. You're taking a precise aim rather than spraying bullets. And yes, you can shoot for longer without reloading. Also, using two guns also doesn't mean you have to hold both at the same time all the time, you know. It's not a video game, you don't need to reload while holding them in hand.

5 hours ago, FatherKnowsBest said:

Dang, I forgot that there were only two new ones. 

Hopefully there's a box and it will have a mk2 hacker.

Bostria outright said that it'd be box with both Mk 4 options and both Mk 5 options.

If you want an all female Posthuman set, Uxia makes a good Mk 5 and the new Wu Ming HRL would make a good Mk 4 HRL. If you want an all male Posthuman set... well there's absolute no shortage of options there.

Hehe....

I do enjoy the somewhat repetitive irony of intending to "Proxy" a "Proxy"...

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Hehe....

I do enjoy the somewhat repetitive irony of intending to "Proxy" a "Proxy"...

Obus5RV.png

I'm just excited for new male proxies so my old scratchbuilt MK 2 hacker isn't out of place complletely!!

On 12/10/2016 at 8:38 AM, Nemo No Name said:

You are right about everything except this being Cyberpunk; there is no punk here. This is pure SciFi Space Opera :D

Take a look at some Tohaa models, like the Sakiel.

Uhm has someone actually complains about dualwiealding SMGs? The things are >95% designed to be one handed as well as pretty much all about spray and pray.

Heck we had a urban comat training session with SMGs and Flash Grenades/Riot shields in the military. So I can assure you its perfectly fine to hold them in one hand. Clipping out in a vague direction at two targets a time is almost their intended use.