Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grey templar

Assembly Instructions, please make the images bigger!

3 posts in this topic

I recently got some of the Plastcraft buildings, specifically the Sushi-Corner and the yu jing shopping center.

Then I went to look at the assembly instructions, and to my dismay the images of the instructions were of pretty poor quality. The images were so small that I had to zoom in, and as a result the images became distorted making it impossible to identify the part numbers circled in red for some of the parts. So I was forced to go by the shape of the items.

Fortunately, I was able to figure out the pieces and put it together correctly, but I don't think a more inexperienced model builder would have been able to do that.

Please, for some of the larger kits that you make, split the assembly instructions into multiple parts and/or use higher resolution so the important information doesn't get distorted and made unreadable when you zoom in(while being too faint to see when normal sized).

Love your products by the way, the colored terrain is fantastic.

Or they updated them since you got the images, or you have a problem with that computer. Tried one random product and it was a vector PDF (INF032_simple_module_colored.pdf), so all scaled nicely. The two products you mention are JPEG of sizes 1750x4820 (INF042.jpg) and 5250x1205 (INF043.jpg), with an image viewer set to 1:1 numbers and parts appear correctly (lots of scrolling to see every step, of course). Are you sure the program shows pixels properly?:paranoid:

I tried it on Windows7, on several different computers. The images were simply too fuzzy.

This isn't an issue with all of the instructions. Only the ones that have very large numbers of steps, thus the image somewhat shrinks.