Pride of Rodina

blog
Pride of Rodina Blog Dedicated Thread

76 posts in this topic

This does make me feel much more comfortable with the idea of investing in more TAGs down the line, now knowing I dont have many. :-)

So I don't stray too far off topic. Fantastic site and articles you've got going their PoR!

55 minutes ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

Plus a Marut, Iguana, Scarface, Anaconda, Gorgos, and two Maghariba Guards.

Though I must ask if you don't mind me asking, what was the motivation for a 2nd Maggy when they are only AVA 1?

13 minutes ago, RimeNZ said:

This does make me feel much more comfortable with the idea of investing in more TAGs down the line, now knowing I dont have many. :-)

So I don't stray too far off topic. Fantastic site and articles you've got going their PoR!

Though I must ask if you don't mind me asking, what was the motivation for a 2nd Maggy when they are only AVA 1?

Two different load outs, HFL or twin Heavy Pistols.  And one is for one daughter, the other for the other.

8 minutes ago, RimeNZ said:

No worries about going off topic, as you can tell, even we at PoR get off-topic frequently ;) But thank you! Glad you're enjoying the blog so far! We all put a lot of hard work into, so it's nice knowing people appreciate it.

I obviously don't speak for him, but I've been kind of tempted to get a 2nd Maggie myself to represent the other loadout (pistols or flamethrowers) and doing a pretty sweet conversion with the Magharuba Guard pilot jumping in or out. Haven't decided yet.

Just now, A Mão Esquerda said:

Two different load outs, HFL or twin Heavy Pistols.

Ah well fair enough then. I figure on the table no one will notice the difference. But I can definitely understand the reason. I am hopeful they will add more profiles or AVA for the Maggy in the new sect as there seems to be an unexplained missile like pod looking piece on that tail that serves no purpose yet. (which would justify a 2nd Mag for me)

11 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

No worries about going off topic, as you can tell, even we at PoR get off-topic frequently ;) But thank you! Glad you're enjoying the blog so far! We all put a lot of hard work into, so it's nice knowing people appreciate it.

I obviously don't speak for him, but I've been kind of tempted to get a 2nd Maggie myself to represent the other loadout (pistols or flamethrowers) and doing a pretty sweet conversion with the Magharuba Guard pilot jumping in or out. Haven't decided yet.

Its all good. I'm definitely enjoying enjoying the content you and co. create. And figure positive feedback is worth passing on.

I think its only fair if you cant decide, is to get 2 more Mags and do the alternate profile AND the conversion piece! :lol:

4da1db0e858e751a7e2250a22434b929.jpg

My Maggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, RimeNZ said:

Ah well fair enough then. I figure on the table no one will notice the difference. But I can definitely understand the reason. I am hopeful they will add more profiles or AVA for the Maggy in the new sect as there seems to be an unexplained missile like pod looking piece on that tail that serves no purpose yet. (which would justify a 2nd Mag for me)

I believe the missile pod represents the EXP ARO of the multi-HMG, whilst the big gun it counterbalances has a dual feed for AP/Shock rounds.

Alternately it could be the ECM system, some form of chaff and flare discharger to confuse incoming guided munitions.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I believe the missile pod represents the EXP ARO of the multi-HMG, whilst the big gun it counterbalances has a dual feed for AP/Shock rounds.

Alternately it could be the ECM system, some form of chaff and flare discharger to confuse incoming guided munitions.

Makes sense I suppose. but one can dream and all that.

Though, do they do a similar thing with other units with access to multi hmgs? (Sorry I'm still fairly fresh to Infinity)

5 hours ago, RimeNZ said:

Its all good. I'm definitely enjoying enjoying the content you and co. create. And figure positive feedback is worth passing on.

I think its only fair if you cant decide, is to get 2 more Mags and do the alternate profile AND the conversion piece! :lol:

The missile pod is the Advanced ECM.  And thank you very much for the feedback!

@Pride of Rodina, in that Tohaa article, it says 'shoot them [Symbiomates] off first.' What does that mean? Functionally, the Symbiomate is just a marker and you can't target it, just as you can't target a tinbot. Killing the mate and putting wounds on its symbiont armored user is functionally the same. Or am I missing something? I ask because I absolutely dread facing symbiomates and anything I can use to combat them is valuable.

10 minutes ago, vorthain said:

@Pride of Rodina, in that Tohaa article, it says 'shoot them [Symbiomates] off first.' What does that mean? Functionally, the Symbiomate is just a marker and you can't target it, just as you can't target a tinbot. Killing the mate and putting wounds on its symbiont armored user is functionally the same. Or am I missing something? I ask because I absolutely dread facing symbiomates and anything I can use to combat them is valuable.

Sorry about the confusion in my wording, but I didn't mean literally shooting them off. I mean pecking them off, by repeatedly shooting the symbiont wearer....There's really no good way to get rid of them, besides shooting some high power shots and hoping the player chooses for the mate to absorb those, and then blast them away with high burst or more high powered shots.

I will fix the wording right now! Thanks for that :) 

EDIT: Should be clearer now, with an example of what I mean. Hope that helps.

Edited by Pride of Rodina

Cool. It is also worth noting that symbiomates can't absorb critical hits, so it is worth going at them with high burst firearms and high CC melee troops rather than high damage / low burst weapons (e.g. ML, HRL, feuerbach).

5 minutes ago, vorthain said:

Cool. It is also worth noting that symbiomates can't absorb critical hits, so it is worth going at them with high burst firearms and high CC melee troops rather than high damage / low burst weapons (e.g. ML, HRL, feuerbach).

Seriously? I never knew that! That somewhat changes my perspective then. Guess you learn something new everyday, huh? ;) 

My reasoning for the deadlier weapon is to put the ball in my opponent's court: do you risk using your armor and then lose the 'mate if you fail or do you use the 'mate up for a few high damage shots? But now I'm tempted to go for high burst and force criticals.

Yeah, from the wiki it says they are treated as usual, and there is an example too. As with many problems, I think the symbiomate issue calls for repeated and concerted application of B4 weapons, linked or surprise if possible.

Just now, vorthain said:

Yeah, from the wiki it says they are treated as usual, and there is an example too. As with many problems, I think this calls for repeated and concerted application of HMG/spitfire/assault pistol.

Yup, just noticed that! Have no clue how I missed it. 

Agreed. Spetsnaz HMG is my best weapon for cracking 'mates so far. Sometimes, I'll use an autocannon or HRL to outrange them, stack mods to keep them from reliably hitting back, and threaten them with deadly shots they almost always HAVE to absorb with the mate. Then I'll send in something light (already revealed Spetsnaz, Scouts, revealed Uxia, Veteran Kazak Paramedic, etc.) to clean up. Mostly situational, but I agree that I'll start use more high burst weapons instead. Although, the HRL and other fire weapons are still pretty terrifying for the Gorgos, Ectros, and Rasails, so that's a good way to get them to use up 'mates

19 hours ago, vorthain said:

Yeah, from the wiki it says they are treated as usual, and there is an example too. As with many problems, I think the symbiomate issue calls for repeated and concerted application of B4 weapons, linked or surprise if possible.

Phoenix in a Myrmidon link is a great mate killer. 

3 hours ago, Drewski said:

Phoenix in a Myrmidon link is a great mate killer. 

Fixed for you ;)

Goodness that front page is getting congested! I feel like we're going to hit the limit before too long, ha ha.

Well, until then, check out this new article:  Deep Thought: The 6-Man Link - Because Accidents Happen . It's all about providing a backup model for your Fireteams to make sure they stay at peak efficiency. It discusses when it's a good idea and when it's a bad idea, plus some examples.

Also, in case you missed it, I wrote a guide to CC, too, which you can find here:  Tactics: Closing the Gap, a Guide to CC

Stay tuned! We've got a lot of exciting things coming up (which explains part of our delay last week), including a very special interview with a man we all know from the community...I don't want to spoil anything, though ;) 

For all of you folks out there still trying to digest the new pilot rules, we at PoR have you covered! Check out our newest article and let us know what you think about the new pilot rules:  Tactics: CRABBOTS!!! Oh, and other armies got something, too, I guess...

Also, happy one year of PoR everyone, woot! :D Expect to see a 'year in review'-esque post soon.

Yesterday marked the first year that PoR was born and released into the wild. It used to be such a small and tame thing and now it's turned into a real bear of a blog! Thanks to everyone for supporting us on our endeavor and thank you to Infinity for sharing our articles! We couldn't be doing what we love so much without all of you, and a special thanks to my writers, guest writers, and guest appearances that made the blog so special. Here's a little wrap up I wrote:  Deep Thought: One Year of PoR, Wrapped Up

Make sure you stay tuned because we at PoR have a whole lot more we're cooking up (as the article mentions and some I haven't). We're looking to do a lot more this year, so keep a lookout! The Pride of Rodina has a lot of cool things he's cooking up and I know his writers do too (I'll let them tease anything they want, I don't want to ruin their own surprises).

We at PoR are doing a collaboration with Lilith on the forums here, from Straight Outta Caledonia and he was kind enough to provide us with an article to publish. The article is all about common reasons for why people lose in a game of Infinity and how to address those reasons, as best as you can. Expect to see some more collaborations between us and hopefully some more in the future :) 

If you'd like for your blog to become part of our network, let us know! I personally know how hard it can be to run a blog, so I'd be more than happy to collaborate with you and help spread the word! We're all bloggers out here, blogging about what we love, might as well do it together, right?

Although I am sure we can all agree that Ariadna is the best faction in Human Sphere ( :P ), we are happy to welcome blogs orientated on other armies or just Infinity in general. There can be never enough of us to spread the good word of Infinity!

2 hours ago, Lilith said:

Although I am sure we can all agree that Ariadna is the best faction in Human Sphere ( :P ), we are happy to welcome blogs orientated on other armies or just Infinity in general. There can be never enough of us to spread the good word of Infinity!

I can agree with that, so that's 2 for Ariadna being the best and 0 against it...I guess that makes it true ;) 

Jokes aside, I definitely agree! The more blogs, the merrier!

*Raises hand* 1 vote for Haqq please! :-P