Djihani

Decent pics of the bakunin starter?

59 posts in this topic

Hey ho.  Suffered thru the last 10-20 pages of november objectification thread with no results.  Are there any decent pics of the bakunin starter? Riot gurrl specifically. 

Hey ho.  Suffered thru the last 10-20 pages of november objectification thread with no results.  Are there any decent pics of the bakunin starter? Riot gurrl specifically. 

Suffered? You mean you're not enjoying all the talk about the new releases?

Theres no decent pics so far, hopefully CB will release hi res pics of the renders in the next week or two, they usually do after a seminar.

The only one I saw was a shaky phone pic of the orange renders of the models.  More information than the dossier pic but the image quality was so poor it was hard to make much of anything more than the silhouettes out.  It was not worth navigating that trainwreck of a thread to see.

That's all we have so far. The models look pretty great imo from the blurry pic, can't wait to see better ones  the two moderators are a bit dull but the awesome Sin Eater and Morlock make up for it.

79BKfcV.jpg

I just hope the female moderator keeps her bunny ears!

17 minutes ago, Snowball said:

I just hope the female moderator keeps her bunny ears!

Amen.

Also, is that the main villian from Small Soldiers as the Morlock?

5 minutes ago, Loricus said:

Amen.

Also, is that the main villian from Small Soldiers as the Morlock?

I'm fairly sure that's X-men's Colossus. 

12 minutes ago, Stormygeddon said:

I'm fairly sure that's X-men's Colossus. 

Why would they reference some obscure comic? It's probably Small Soldiers.

I still can't get over the fact that exactly 1 out of the 6 models in the starter has any semblance of dynamism. That Moiras is basically the Reverend Healer from Icestorm....standing there like a statue, same goes for both Moderators and the Riot Girl....just...standing.

The Sin Eater is a vast improvement and the Morlock looks really great - but as a whole this set of models look as though different people with totally different mindsets designed them. A foot on tactical rubble doesnt = dynamic. Riot Girls have "Hyper Dynamics" ffs!...Just standing there...

I would have expected Riot Girls to be dodging while shooting or showing SOME sign of agility. Not a copied / mirrored pose of that Moderator guy who looks like he got shot with an ADHL. That Morlock is so goooood...why the heck is the the rest so uninspired?

5 minutes ago, Loricus said:

Why would they reference some obscure comic? It's probably Small Soldiers.

Fun fact: Colossus has been in more movies than Chip Hazard, not to mention comics and TV shows. (I know, you were probably joking)

They all look great, though I'm not a huge fan of #2 and #5 having the same pose.

14 minutes ago, BaleWolf said:

Fun fact: Colossus has been in more movies than Chip Hazard, not to mention comics and TV shows. (I know, you were probably joking)

They all look great, though I'm not a huge fan of #2 and #5 having the same pose.

They made an xman movie?

Yeah I noticed the pose too. It won't be so bad on the table but it looks bad lined up as a box. Maybe it will look better painted.

2 hours ago, Valaskjalf said:

I still can't get over the fact that exactly 1 out of the 6 models in the starter has any semblance of dynamism. That Moiras is basically the Reverend Healer from Icestorm....standing there like a statue, same goes for both Moderators and the Riot Girl....just...standing.

The Sin Eater is a vast improvement and the Morlock looks really great - but as a whole this set of models look as though different people with totally different mindsets designed them. A foot on tactical rubble doesnt = dynamic. Riot Girls have "Hyper Dynamics" ffs!...Just standing there...

I would have expected Riot Girls to be dodging while shooting or showing SOME sign of agility. Not a copied / mirrored pose of that Moderator guy who looks like he got shot with an ADHL. That Morlock is so goooood...why the heck is the the rest so uninspired?

The Sin Eater looks plenty dynamic, I really like his pose. 

27 minutes ago, chaos11 said:

The Sin Eater looks plenty dynamic, I really like his pose. 

I agree, the Sin Eater is definitely an improvement, his pose at the very least indicates that he's in the midst of battle . Same with the Morlock - the aggression portrayed in the pose matches what you would expect from the unit. There's nothing that screams "Riot" when I look at the Riot Girl...which seems like a super obvious oversight.

Who knows, maybe we get a box of 4 where their posing actually involves more of what I would expect: Dodging/Running/Diving.

First I've seen of this update!  I have to be honest, I need to go find in the original thread who's supposed to be the Riot Grrl because I can't see it - even the moderator male has more armour than the rest put together!  I'm happily surprised that despite the copy-paste dossier they decided to go for two very different poses with the Morlock and Sin Eater - well done!  Shame they then duplicated two styles of pose across the other four.

Hopefully a better image will do them justice.

Why must CB hurt my wallet so much??

I think I'm in the minority, but I like the standing still/posing models as much or more than most of the dynamic ones.  That Moira is the best one if the bunch imo, I love the "better luck next time scrubs" victory pose.  Def going to change out that tactical rock or whatever it is for a Jotum head or something similar.  I hope that is a hilt of a CCW slung over her back and not just a mood injection tube.

It looks like the hilt of a Moira Shock CCW. And yeah, it's a significant improvement on the old dynamic pose.

I really like it.

But the existing box set had 2 very similar poses. Hacker + Shock CCW.

280561-0407-Moiras.jpg?format=750w

I love the new Moira. I see Moira as slow and deliberate, but haughty. Pose works for me  New Sin Eater looks exellent as well. For now the Mods don't look great, but I bet painted they will be fine. Riot Grrl I'm waiting to see painted to judge. Morlock as well, I can't make out enough detail.

6 hours ago, Valaskjalf said:

the Riot Girl....just...standing

And the Frenzied Hyperdynamics joke keeps on. What a riot! Do they want biscuits with the tea? :giving-up:

I largely agree as to the Moira's attitude, but I honestly think they missed a trick with the Moiras: one should have been taking a knee and lining up a shot. The legacy issue of the Moira Multi being in the original starter would have required either the MSR or HMG to be an independent blister (way back when the Moira boxed set was released): this then could have been discontinued to incorporate it into the updated starter... but, if CB had done that then we'd be complaining about that instead. 

I'm also a little disappointed at the Grrl's profile. Either a Spitfire or a Combi + Blitzen would have been better, as they're far more likely to get use in Vanilla. Hell the Multi profile doesn't actually often get a guernsey in Bakunin (Spitfire + ML + BSG/Tinbot + Spec + Spec/BSG/Combi or Spitfire/ML + Spec + Haris).

Dropping the Morlock to an actually useful profile (seriously has anyone actually used a Morlock Smoke LGL since N3?) would have freed up the SWC to allow those sort of options. 

5 hours ago, Valaskjalf said:

Who knows, maybe we get a box of 4 where their posing actually involves more of what I would expect: Dodging/Running/Diving.

I would love to see this pose for one of them

iria-300x280.jpg

The Grrl does look a lot more slender in the render, I think I like it.  Might make them look more hyper dynamic-y

and might even point out that they look more ARM 3 now but that has been a trigger for some people over the montesa knight so I won't bring it up *sly face*

As for the morlok getting something other than a chain rifle. If you are a WYSIWYG player then yeah I can see it being a problem, most of the players ive met over the years are pretty lax; "I have 4 morloks, they all have chain rifles and DACCW" *gets a thumbs up*  Same with the Grrl; imo its easy to say a multi rifle is a combi or spitifre if its not in use and intent is clear.

8 hours ago, Loricus said:

They made an xman movie?

Nah, he was in Deadpool.

Love that Sin Eater, but it's hard to get a feel for the others with the quality of pics floating around.  My main hope is that the Riot Grrl box (whenever it happens) is awesome looking.

The Morlock just has a knife, you can use any profile for it. 

The Morlock just has a knife, you can use any profile for it. 

We got told at some point that it's a Combi + LGL, and it looks like there's a gun slung on his back (but that could just be an injection point).