Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
demosthenes

Do Morats have a navy?

9 posts in this topic

Original title: Do Morats fly?
Since I get the impression that Rasyat are simply trained to fall more slowly than other apes. Dat jump pack, though...

For scenery purposes, I've been wondering if Morats have a navy.
I mean, for a shock troop army, they need to get planetside one way or another, and my fake-ape pride simply forbids me from taking Umbra or Vector ships.

With the somewhat blocky appearance of Morat armor (Raicho notwithstanding), I'm thinking of abusing one or two of the Clone Wars model kits.
However, as I don't have access to all the fluff, are the spacefaring capabilities of the Morats mentioned anywhere? Possibly illustrated?

With what I know of Morats, I find it perfectly feasible that like the fabled Angry Marines, they could theoretically traverse interplanetary space by pure force of rage alone...

*which brings me to another fruitless pondering: What do Morat grunts read on R&R? Wild Oznat Illustrated? InCursion Weekly? The Zerat Swimsuit Calendar?
Do they even lift read?

They have a navy: they had been conquering alien civilizations before they were defeated by the EI and they live on more than one planet.

As Ointagru Unartan said, Morats had/have a massive navy, giant star empires need them. The fluff mentions that the CA expeditionary fleet that the Tohaa directed towards human space is made up primarily of Shas stealth ships. I find it fun to remember that the CA forces that the humans are struggling against are the tip of a small expeditionary fleet, not a full invasion/conquest fleet. I hope that the CA would see the value in a Morat fleet. That said, if the CA allowed the Morats to keep using their own ships is a question that needs to be answered some day. The EI seems to purposely keep certain kit out of Morat hands, rightly out o fear of being overthrown. The value that an obviously highly capable and experienced  Morat fleet could bring to the CA is undeniable. 

I think the some of the Clone Wars kits would be a great option. The Republic Gunship, with some different guns, screams Morat assault transport to me. Unfortunately there are not any illustrations of Morat vehicles or ships. The Warsenal Taugak trenches, objective room, crates, and consoles are the only examples I know of official Morat equipment/design. 

On 11/20/2016 at 5:33 AM, demosthenes said:

With what I know of Morats, I find it perfectly feasible that like the fabled Angry Marines, they could theoretically traverse interplanetary space by pure force of rage alone...

Morats aren't driven by rage and anger, Kornak is the only (mechanically) raging monkey in game. Morats simply find every other species inferior and are so indifferent to them as to view them as vermin to be removed. The inferior can live in servitude and get out of the way, or die. 

2 hours ago, ItsUncertainWho said:

As Ointagru Unartan said, Morats had/have a massive navy, giant star empires need them. The fluff mentions that the CA expeditionary fleet that the Tohaa directed towards human space is made up primarily of Shas stealth ships. I find it fun to remember that the CA forces that the humans are struggling against are the tip of a small expeditionary fleet, not a full invasion/conquest fleet. I hope that the CA would see the value in a Morat fleet. That said, if the CA allowed the Morats to keep using their own ships is a question that needs to be answered some day. The EI seems to purposely keep certain kit out of Morat hands, rightly out o fear of being overthrown. The value that an obviously highly capable and experienced  Morat fleet could bring to the CA is undeniable. 

I think the some of the Clone Wars kits would be a great option. The Republic Gunship, with some different guns, screams Morat assault transport to me. Unfortunately there are not any illustrations of Morat vehicles or ships. The Warsenal Taugak trenches, objective room, crates, and consoles are the only examples I know of official Morat equipment/design. 

Morats aren't driven by rage and anger, Kornak is the only (mechanically) raging monkey in game. Morats simply find every other species inferior and are so indifferent to them as to view them as vermin to be removed. The inferior can live in servitude and get out of the way, or die. 

Shiny.

Well, I guess it's settled then. Next round of shopping will include at least one of the Clone Wars kits. 

As for the rage, I was thinking of the Daturazi and Kornak, in particular. And maybe the Soggy a little bit, because that's a beast and I could very much envision and fully souped up Sogarat tearing through defensive lines like paper walls on his lonesome... A mix of the Hulk, the Juggernaut and War Machine.

I think I read the bit about the spear tip using Shassy ships mostly, that's the reason I asked if there are any publications on it.
Seems to me a multiplanetary, militaristic ape race should be more than capable of building warships. They don't even have to be fast. Just heavily armed and capable of transporting ground troups and landing craft.

Raicho pilots are are mentioned as sometimes flying into a rage of gunfire and fists, nothing mechanically though. Daturazi are more nutters that revel in tearing enemies apart with their bare hands, and Kornak is always trying to prove that he is better then everyone by any means necessary.  

Morat psychology seems to be hyper aggression funneled into institutionalized discipline and malevolent disinterest in any other sentient species existing. 

35 minutes ago, ItsUncertainWho said:

Morat psychology seems to be hyper aggression funneled into institutionalized discipline and malevolent disinterest in any other sentient species existing. 

You wouldn't, by any chance, mean some of the old ultra violence, now would you?

I get what you mean, though. One of these days, I'll have to borrow all of the books and have a thorough read of them. 
Thanks for the info, maybe once I get around to it, I'll post some pictures of the finished work...!

19 hours ago, ItsUncertainWho said:

Raicho pilots are are mentioned as sometimes flying into a rage of gunfire and fists, nothing mechanically though. Daturazi are more nutters that revel in tearing enemies apart with their bare hands, and Kornak is always trying to prove that he is better then everyone by any means necessary.  

So, like organized Krogan, then?  (Been playing a lot of Mass Effect lately.)

1 hour ago, Charistoph said:

So, like organized Krogan, then?  (Been playing a lot of Mass Effect lately.)

Not a bad comparison. The big difference is that Krogan are an evolved prey species, Morats are predators. Morats also have a much higher sense of personal superiority in that they are better than you, or they are dead. 

"Can we kill things on water?"

"Yes sir"

"How do we build one of these "boats"?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0