WargameHub

New England Players

31 posts in this topic

I know there are quite a few of us out there.  Some here, some on the Infinity New England Facebook group.  I'm posting this to try to get us all together.

I'll add everyone to this list with "user name: city, state, (store played at)"

New Hampshire (NH)

WargameHub: Nashua, NH (Relentless Dragon)
Goonhammer: Nashua, NH (Relentless Dragon)
Genious: 
Goffstown NH

Dragonfather:  Midgard Comics and Games Derry NH or 32Gamers (Revere, MA - private club)

Massachusetts (MA)

UtterConfusion: Greenfield, MA

MisterSwiss: Braintree, MA

Whale: Boston, MA

GentleSamurai: Easton, MA

Edster: Boston, MA

fraynkwash: Either Gaming ETC in Acton, MA, Pandemonium in Cambridge, MA, or Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA

Dragonfather:  Midgard Comics and Games Derry NH or 32Gamers (Revere, MA - private club)

elvedril: Newton, MA

Connecticut (CT)

Tanglangren: Manchester, CT (the Portal)

Saint:  Canton CT, (Silver Eagle Games)

Rhode Island (RI)

Ripper.McGuirl: Providence, RI

Vermont (VT)

Maine (ME)

Spectre Senence: CrossRoad Games in Standish and The Complex in Scarborough

Last updated, Aug 12, 2017

There's a community in Connecticut- centered at The Portal in Manchester, CT.  We play Wednesday evenings and hold monthly ITS Tournaments.

Trying to get a small group going in Canton CT, Thursday nights at Silver Eagle Games, otherwise I hang with the Manchester crew. 

There's a small scene in the Pioneer Valley; mostly meeting at Greenfield Games in Greenfield MA or Off The Wall Games in Hadley MA.

Second for Off The Wall Games and the Portal. Games are mostly by request, though.

I should have asked, if you are a tournament/event TO can you let me know?  We have a separate discussion going to try and get all the TOs working together. 

Whale: Boston, MA (no consistent store, willing to travel wherever)

I have yet to find a consistent community in Massachusetts. I'm willing to drive to the ends of the earth to play more with a good community.

Hey there, I'm in Providence. Are people here planning on hitting up CaptainCon?

@Ripper.McGuirl I am. There's a few of us from NYC and Connecticut who are planning on attending.

@Whale There's a group that meets on Wednesday nights in Manchester. I'm in Pittsfield and willing to go to Hadley (Off the Wall Games) to play if you want.

I'm in Easton, MA.  Working at building a community at Battlegrounds in Norton, MA. I''m holding an infinity day the last Sunday of each month, focusing on getting a community built.  I"m up for a game whenever if you want to schedule one with me.  Still pretty new and learning fast.   I'll travel a good distance for a good game.

And one at The Battlestandard in Auburn, MA, more randomly at this time.

Hey guys, I'm in Boston. Never played before but building up a fully painted haqq army and would like to give it a go.

@GentleSamurai I would like to check out battlegrounds, when's the next event? 

Also - are there any spots in Boston? 

If you aren't part of it I recommend joining the "Infinity - New England" Facebook group.  There are two stores in NH and I think three in MA with regular games.  

Goonhammer: Nashua, NH (Relentless Dragon)

Currently playing Haqqislam, but I have Yu Jing, Nomads, and Tohaa in some form of playable state.

On 1/13/2017 at 5:07 PM, Whale said:

Whale: Boston, MA (no consistent store, willing to travel wherever)

I have yet to find a consistent community in Massachusetts. I'm willing to drive to the ends of the earth to play more with a good community.

Boston to The Portal in Manchester, CT is a 1.5 hour drive- we play every weds from 5-11pm and have monthly tournaments which are announced in the events section:  next one is Feb 26th.

Hi

I primarily play ALEPH and I'm working on building up a Neo Terran force

im in Goffstown NH. I haven't been able to play much but I'm able to make it(schedule willing) to events at these locations

Relentless Dragon, Game Castle,

15 hours ago, Edster said:

Hey guys, I'm in Boston. Never played before but building up a fully painted haqq army and would like to give it a go.

@Whale @Edster

Hey guys I'm right by Porter Sq, and have been seeking new opponents.  Would be stoked to teach you the game.  Have enough terrain to really easily play Recon games (150 point games), and working on building terrain for a nice 4x4 table.   I'll PM you.

@WargameHub

Name: Frank

Store: Either Gaming ETC in Acton, MA, Pandemonium in Cambridge, MA, or Hobby Bunker in Malden, MA.  Also building my own table in my basement in Somerville, MA.

Out of Relentless Dragon in Nashua, NH we play Monday evenings and tournaments once a quarter.  

@Whale @Edster We have a tournament on the 25th and RD is about an hour from Boston (less if traffic is good).

18 hours ago, Edster said:

We are starting an escalation league Saturday Feb 18.  There is also an open play day scheduled for Sunday Feb 26, repeating the last Sunday each month.

This is great info, thanks, summary below - 25th/26th looks like a lot of fun!

MONDAYS - @ Relentless dragon, Nashua NH http://relentlessdragon.com/

WEDSNESDAYS 5-11pm @ the portal, Manchester CT http://www.timemachineportal.com/

FEBRUARY 

18th Saturday - escalation league @ Battlegrounds, Norton MA http://www.battlegroundgames.com/

25th Saturday - tournament @ Relentless Dragon, Nashua NH

26th Sunday - open play @ Battlegrounds, Norton MA (and every last Sunday of the month following)

26th Sunday - tournament @ the portal, Manchester CT

Norton is the easiest for me to get to at the moment, but would have to check out Relentless/ portal too sometime. Glad you guys have regular infinity nights. @fraynkwash would love to arrange a starter game at pandemonium in the meantime - will PM you.

Unfortunately I do not have  Facebook - never had one, so thanks so much for you all replying on here. I will definitely get to Norton on the 26th, next wkend Is a maybe.

Edster, great meeting you Sunday. Thanks for coming out.

We had ten players show up.  Mostly new players.   Great times!!

Last sunday in March will be recon 2.0 games in prep for a Recon 2.0 beginner tournament the last Sunday in April.

Edited by GentleSamurai
added details about event mentioned

Hey Guys,

Some key dates coming up this month in the New England area

Sunday 19th @Hobby Bunker Malden RECON 200pts
I am suggesting a 200pt Recon battle this Sunday 12-4.30pm

Please PM me if you are up for a game.

Sunday 26th @Battlegrounds Norton RECON 150pts
Prep game for the RECON tournament at the end of April @Norton @GentleSamurai

30th APRIL - @The Portal Manchester CT Doubles Tournament 200pts per player
Players will have separate order pools, cannot do coordinated orders etc.Link below - @Plebian

30th APRIL - @Battlegrounds Norton RECON 150pts Tournament
approx 3x games each depending on turnout. @GentleSamurai

--
Obviously there is a clash on the 30th April -

there any way we can move one of the tournaments forwards one week?
-- 

Cheers,
Ed

Sure I can look into it. I don't think there is any playerbase overlap though.

@Plebian No worries - I don't think there is at the moment.

Personally I've been meaning to head up to the Portal and checking it out, but I was planning on being at Battlegrounds Norton that day for the friendly Recon tournament. You guys play Weds night - any more weekend games coming up?

Moving forwards we will be having Infinity Games at BattleGrounds, Norton the last Sunday of the month :) 

How is the crowd at the Portal these days? I mostly play with a friend at The Battle Standard for ease of table space but I rarely get my minis out these days, basically have only played like 3 games since N3.

@Aisriyth the crowd is pretty solid- we get 4-8 players a week on Wednesdays and have a Tournament once a month usually. Let us know if you're headed over, we'll roll the welcome mat out for you! :D