WargameHub

New England Players

31 posts in this topic

I'm at Midgard Comics and Games Derry NH or 32Gamers (Revere, MA - private club)

Whas'up! Guys,

We been trying to get some interest up here in Maine. I hear there are collectors but haven't seen anyone but my group that plays. We play at CrossRoad Games in Standish and The Complex in Scarborough. I am the head of Spectre Studios where we have put up some YouTube videos of Infinity. We just finished the tutorial series of Operation: Red Veil. We love the game and not tournament hardcore because we play a lot of games but only can get together a couple of times a week. If you are interested we can be found at spectrestudios.us

There is a forum to join and reach out to us. If you want to make a trip up here and play me in a video just reach out to me and we will see what we can do. This game deserves to be spread around and have a linked community much like the other games. :_pc__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

@Spectre Senence If you get the chance check out the "Infinity - New England" Facebook group.  A lot more regionally are active there, it's a really good community and even the tournaments are pretty laid back.  

I also added both the locations you play at to the map which is linked on pinned post of the Facebook group. 

Might as well list myself on this thread too. I'm in Newton, MA. Mostly come down to Norton on Mondays, but happy to meet in Cambridge or Malden if a group develops there as well. 

On 3/28/2017 at 3:30 PM, Aisriyth said:

How is the crowd at the Portal these days? I mostly play with a friend at The Battle Standard for ease of table space but I rarely get my minis out these days, basically have only played like 3 games since N3.

Won't be there this week due to Gencon, but I am usually there most Wednesdays, and our numbers range from 4-5 to almost a dozen.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, Spectre Senence said:

Whas'up! Guys,

We been trying to get some interest up here in Maine. I hear there are collectors but haven't seen anyone but my group that plays. We play at CrossRoad Games in Standish and The Complex in Scarborough. I am the head of Spectre Studios where we have put up some YouTube videos of Infinity. We just finished the tutorial series of Operation: Red Veil. We love the game and not tournament hardcore because we play a lot of games but only can get together a couple of times a week. If you are interested we can be found at spectrestudios.us

There is a forum to join and reach out to us. If you want to make a trip up here and play me in a video just reach out to me and we will see what we can do. This game deserves to be spread around and have a linked community much like the other games. :_pc__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

Tournaments, especially infinity, should not be seen as some cuttthroat enterprise distinct from casual play, but rather an opportunity to play several games in quick succession. You are very welcome to play one of our ITS, we have many new players and jumping in is a great way to learn.

3 hours ago, Plebian said:

Won't be there this week due to Gencon, but I am usually there most Wednesdays, and our numbers range from 4-5 to almost a dozen.

Tournaments, especially infinity, should not be seen as some cuttthroat enterprise distinct from casual play, but rather an opportunity to play several games in quick succession. You are very welcome to play one of our ITS, we have many new players and jumping in is a great way to learn.

I'll second this last part.  None of the tournaments I've run in Nashua had that feel, it was just regular games with prizes.