JohnnyRambo

Building a USariadna oil/tesseum rig table

8 posts in this topic

As mentioned in a previous post,im looking at building scenery and terrain for a board at home,being pretty much skint atm,i had to rely on bits had around the house,so far ive got a couple of sets of the card terrain (bulked out with foam),and then there is this,its all parts made from a broken hoover that was going to the tip.

I plan on adding more bits like this,more specifically,lines of pipe,smaller machinery parts,crates etc

I was relativley happy with it,until i put a mini next to it,then i realised actually how big it was,would this be a problem in game?

(also,note,with the tower,no one will be allowed on top of it)

cheers

ss

oil rig.jpg

I think it looks very nice, certainly a few pieces of big terrain can make a nice centerpiece, I don't think it will be a problem at all.

Yeah, big/tall pieces of terrain are great for blocking cross-table LOS.

Someone built an oil platform for a supers/spy game at a local convention a couple years ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.

2 minutes ago, GypsyComet said:

Someone built an oil platform for a supers/spy game at a local convention a couple years ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Cool,id appreciate that,as i could always do with more inspiration.

I think they were using some old toy line with girders and platforms, but all brightly colored. and very tall.  A great spectacle table for a convention but tough to store and transport unless it came apart. I didn't see the set up or tear down, so I don't have a sense of that aspect.

0.img.1482690384Oil%20Platform1.jpg&h=10

1.img.1482690384Oil%20Platform2.jpg&h=10

Holy crap,thats nice,however,for infinity,i think having just the platform would work better instead of the whole rig,if that makes sense?

still gorgeous though.

im hoping to do a tip run in the next few days,so hopefully ill find some decent bits

Yeah, I would love to use something like Bandua's platforms, but they're a bit much to cover a table with, and not quite stable enough in large numbers. I love the railings, though.

Thinking out loud, a raised ring (like CNC's plain raised stuff) perhaps three feet square, with walkways at table level around the outside.  The center has the tall rig itself, and the ring has tanks and buildings. Pipes everywhere, of course.