Arachas

New Painting Support Group (NPSG): January Edition

147 posts in this topic

@Red Harvest thats a really good idea, havent had any problems with them tipping over yet but, ill have to see what I can find layong around to make the ballast. Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Red Harvest said:

Not a mini in this contest though.  Already had some paint on it.  Ah, the Ninja is.  Here's a WIP

Sfe9YVy.jpg

1 hour ago, osirisblue said:

uTmmUVTh.jpg

(There will be some more angles and WIP shots in my paintlog later)

I love both of these. Need to get the models someday and create my own variation.

What colors did both of you use in the pics above? Those indigo purple & green/light green schemes are fantastic!!:thumb-up::thumb-up:

Osirisblue that Tag was time well spent. I particularly like the base and the highlights on the metal areas. Great work. 

The first Morat is finished. Decided to add battle damage as he looked too clean cut to be at the fore front of the Combined invasion. 

p_20170105_112511-01.jpg

I have more photos but I don't want to fill this thread with my pics. I'll start my own blog instead. 

Next pledge is Yaogorat number two...and he's angry.

p_20170105_114134-1-.jpg

Nice morat, and you're right, using brighter colours and less stark red features makes him look more heroic. Will one of them be lounging in a hot spring?

For my part, I pledge the crew below. I'll be tracking progress on a seperate thread, but will post completed models here as well as an incentive to finish something.

umauf4m.jpg

I'm off to a slow start this month. It's already the 5th and I've only just finished these three. 

Yujing Jan p done

@Golem2God I honestly wish I knew. Right now I'm calling it magic purple, as I literally don't know how I got there. I wasn't happy and kept adding layers and shading etc until it looked about like that.

I do know I used a black primer with no highlight spray, vallejo game air purples, their blue wash, and the GW purple wash. Exactly what went where.... not as much.

For airbrush, something like, black, dark purple, light purple, thinned dark purple, light purple, GW purple wash mixed with a few drops of vallejo's  (VERY STRONG btw) blue ink, spot highlight purple, fine spot highlight with a little purple and a little white thinned. Brush lowlights were black or dark purple depending on whether or not they faced upwards, and brush highlights were thinned light purple, with a 50/50 white mix for the brightest spots.

Wish I could be of more help.

While I work on the ninjas base I'd thought I'd posted my next pledge. Sun Tze will be my last yu jing, at least until I get a tag. 

Then on to the haqqislam. No idea what scheme I'm going to go for but probably more muted, as I want the ariadnas to be pretty green when I get round to them. 

Jan p2 pledge

Here's my finished ninja! Well pleased with it. 

Ninja done

I would like to repeat my name ledge from December. I actually did not manage to paint a single mini during December... So in January my goal is to bring color on

A tikbalang

3 REMs (a pathfinder, a mule and an armbot)

And my helper not...

Gesendet von meinem FP1 mit Tapatalk

Thanks to an extra day off I was able to get these done and still have time to try for more. 

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

My next pledge a Squalo, the reverend healer thatll proxy of PanO medic that I still havent gotten done since Nov pledge, and a  K9 Antipode that i bought just to mess around and paint like my dog, Ellie, photo included for reference. 

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

Pledging my converted Father Knight assault hacker. It's PanO time!

img_20161224_132726088_hdr.jpg?w=1024

7 hours ago, Azraelsburden said:

K9 Antipode that i bought just to mess around and paint like my dog, Ellie, photo included for reference. 

I'll wait with anticipation for you to finish and post your result. It should look look like her when you are done with it.

Time to paint some more Unidrons. I'm going to start off with 4x Unidrons (from the SWC box), 1 Umbra Legate, and 1 Umbra Samaritan.

fOJ4GBj.jpg

Posted on behalf of Laina, who's having some issues with her account (ITS pin H2375): 2x Azra'll, 1x Mag Guard:

C9ctCa2.jpg?2

mqOUqTI.jpg?1

On recently found out about this thread! Here is my pledge for January.

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

@Pariahrob is Normandy beach, the rest of y'all are the American troopers. "GIVE US A F*CKING CHANCE!"

@Arachashaha! I'm pretty sure there are others hear way ahead of me!

That said here's my latest. 

Alfasid1 done

Now to decide on my next pledge. I'm thinking there may be pandas involved. 

@Arachashaha! I'm pretty sure there are others hear way ahead of me!

That said here's my latest. 

31853416390_5317cd4ee4_b.jpg Now to decide on my next pledge. I'm thinking there may be pandas involved. 

The cutest Morlocks ever?

Sent fra min Moto G (4) via Tapatalk

To be fair finished Asura out of competition.

Here is the mini for this month :

072a4d1157f980b5955d8579c440211e.jpg

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

52 minutes ago, abor said:

To be fair finished Asura out of competition

Pics? :D