Pariahrob

Displaying and storing miniatures

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering how you all store or show off your miniatures. 

I have a shallow cabinet that's got enough shelves for about 60 or so minis. 

Armies are stored in cases but wondering what solutions that would let me show things off as well as keep them safe. Feels a shame to spend so much time to hide them away. 

Plus it would be good to make the gaming room feel more like one, now that the club is up and running. 

So, I'd love to see how you show things off. I'll get a shot of my display cabinet up later. 

I have a simple glass-case Detolf from Ikea:

IMG_6876forum.jpg

It's a nice way to keep the minis safe and show them to the world - I also use some transparent plastic shelves to get more space on more levels  ;)

IMG_6881.jpg

Yet the photos are old, now there's over 20 Infinity minis in the highest shelf and I'm going to buy another one.

The constructed, converted and not painted models I keep mostly in metal boxes - the minis are magnetized, so they are safe in those boxes. Yet some of them hang on a "waiting shelf", closer to the paints ;)

IMG_5954.jpg

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Something which always looks good is a dedicated glass display case . I've seen my local game store in Toronto use these . It keeps minis safe from dust as well as makes them a visual center price in whichever room you choose to show them off. Maybe what I'm thinking of is 60cm X 60cm and about 1.5 M tall, with 2 or 3 levels.

But I live in Japan now and there is no room for such luxury! I have a small indented shelf near my futon area (bedroom) where I store most of my infinity collection. The indented shelf helps protect them from dust and drunken stumbling. 

Things which I don't intend to paint or use soon are stored in cases. 

I also like to keep one or two displayed somewhere highly visible , such as on a prominent book shelf. As a piece of me, and to give me a constant reminder that infinity is cool and i should be painting more. 

On a related note I use my girlfriend's unwanted (clean) make up brushes to dust off minis which inevitably gather dust. 

@KedzioR_vonice! I love that magnetic board. Great idea! 

Oh the plastic extra shelves make a lot of sense  v cool  

@HotFreshTofumakeup brushes are great for that. Also really good for drybrushing big pieces of terrain. 

I think I may end up building a cabinet if some kind. Maybe a partition wall made me n cabinet form. 

I've yet to get anything to display miniatures on but I've got storage covered :D

DSC_0560_zpshxr9fn73.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

I store most of my Infinity minis in a Battlefoam bag.  I've run out of space, though.  Need more trays.  All my infinity civvies live in a Citadel hard plastic case.  My Public Security forces, Hassassins, and Ariadna are also in foam for that hard case.  Military Orders and Nomads don't have any good storage, they're in starter-box cardboard.

I really need to get some display space.

IMG_20160730_193105.jpg

As I'm lucky that my wife let me have the spare room, I've got two cabinets, the other one is from IKEA, just like Kedzior's. I think I even like the latter better. I've recently added translucent tupper ware as extra levels to make some room and to be able to see the models in the back (instead of shabby cardboard).

I store older / not paintet/used minis in an assortment of boxes. For transport I either use a baking tray with a lit (for the magnetized bases) or boxes with leftover styrofoam for delicate pieces.

IMG_20160730_193050.jpg

Some sort of glass display case is well worth getting if you have any painting skill. 

If not, then miniature storage boxes are the way to go. 

@TreehouseNice cabinet and good looking minis you have there.

@schoonThanks. I do have a cabinet and am looking to get something bigger, which is why I asked what you all have. Plus, it's nice to see other peoples minis in situ.

I think I will be building some cabinets for the club then. Probably just deep enough to fit some terrain pieces in but not too deep.

https://brittonstinyadventure.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/builds-on-a-budget-squadkill-team-case/

Ignore the rest of the blog because it's old and I never update it, but this post might be useful to you. It's not answering the question directly, but might be a useful storage tool for you in a space like that.

These cases are really good for small infinity forces/club ringer armies as they have a couple key benefits.

A.Cheap to build, and hold 12 25mm base models, and a couple of some 40mm or dice, tokens, etc.

B. Actually protect the model and its paint job, whether stored horizontally on a shelf, or in a bag/backpack vertically (rare for cases IMO)

C. Allow you to see what army is in the case via the clear lid.

I have bigger foam cases, but this is nice when I just want to take a handful of models for a demo or something.