Icarium

MAF - Macaques + Corridegor - Cell

160 posts in this topic

I am really looking forward to watching this project progress.

Just looks great.

Solid painting job! 

You could even bring up the color saturation on the purple a little more - might make the colors pop a bit more. 

Looking forward to seeing more! 

Great skills you possess!

Love the style man, you inspire me!

is this a huge peace of a buble gum on a base ??

over all i like this  muted pastel like theme  but this white peace ..   -__o

Crumpled rubbish/paper perhaps? although I think if that's the case it could benefit from some pseudo print. likewise the red (coke) can could do with a logo, maybe. or is that just overly picky lol.

Really like the colour scheme. I look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. The chewing gum on the base is indeed supposed to be a newspaper. When viewed from above there is print on it but it does need to be darker. Always good when others confirm your own thoughts. 

I did try painting the coke cola logo on the can but sadly it was beyond my free hand skills and actually made it look less like a coke can. 

Work on the next Morat is progressing but work is getting in the way and slowing down progress. Hopefully get some solid time in this weekend.

well in terms of crating a paper rubbles - usualy  help to   wash them ewikh Smok e ink or with sepia ink -  this add to them a wethert look  .. some times it require a re highlights to be employed but at lest it do not looks like a bouble gum sticked to a base ;)

That is really nice! I love the more natural face. I really need to think more about how I'm painting stuff. Lol

Love your painting.

(and I still love those cursed expensive simian hides!)

Very nice work, looking forward to seeing more.:)

Personally I believe your colour scheme is amazing, very peculiar but really enjoyable, my compliments :thumb-up::thumb-up:.

I'm curious to see other models.

Beautiful model! I'm starting the Morat Aggression Force as well and I think I'll use the idea of having the sun shine like that. I've never done multiple layers on a model so I think I can do decent, although I'll be impressed if I can do even half as well as you. How many layers of different paints did you use for the transitioning? I plan to do 5, but it looks like you did quite a few more.

Actually I only use 3 colours for the armour. The base coat which is pale purple, then a blue/purple mix for the highlights and a black/purple mix for the shading. 

I put the base coat on using 2/3 thin layers. Then build up the highlights by placing the blue/purple in ever decreasing thin layers. Usually 5/6 layers. Make sure you let each layer dry between coats. This shouldn't take long because the paint is thin. Then I do the opposite for black/purple shadows. Finally I might return to a thinned down basecoat to help blend it all together.

A wet pallet is vital if you end up mixing your own colours and want to keep yor paint wet. The paint should just be breaking the surface tension of the surface you are mixing on. So pull the paint and if it shrinks after you move it then its good, if it stays exactly as you pulled it then it's too thick. 

Sweet!!! Lovely job!:)

Loving your scheme and it is very nicely executed. Always nice to see some Morats around here ;)

About that shotgun, it is not intended to be one - I am sure you can run it as such, but it is supposed to be a panzerfaust slung under a combirifle. I am no pro when it comes to playing this game, but panzerfaust is a really nice thing to have with the Yaogats and their ability to see trough smoke and all. Boarding shotgun is pretty much one of my favourite weapons so far, but Yaogats really excel with long distance fire power, imho.

Thanks for the positive feedback. 

Monni, that makes a lot more sense. Impressive that he can hold a Panzerfaust one handed! That info makes the weapon seem less ridiculous. Us Morats need to stick together. Not much news on new releases for us in the future though. I don't like the new Suryats so I might have to call in some Xeodron Batdroids as heavy support, they just look so bad ass!

Anyat is progressing quickly. She's a bit of a double edged sword, tiny details make brush work super intense and draining, but also makes her quicker to paint and highlight. 

ha ha - ther will be nothing more  bad as get but kicked by pink monkeys .. - made them a Rainbow banner to add insult  to injury :)

Great painting with the last model, I really like it :thumb-up:

Adding to this, here's some ways to achieve the effect:

• @kernspaltpainted the Shasvaasti imitating chitin, and left a tutorial on this post, easier than i expected, gotta try it someday
  • I've seen somebody on another forum just a couple months ago take chameleon pigments used for RC cars and the like, and use them with medium to effectively create color-changing paint. Here's a video of this. This also i wanna try too.

and the papers  looks like papers :)

good job

funny thing i prefered old tentacle monsters Drones .. they ware so off :)