stoffermann

Yet another Haqqislam force - back in the hobby

19 posts in this topic

Well, it's time to take the plunge. Have been out of any time of hobby for a while now, but after falling for infinity in the last three months or so I've restocked the supplies. After seeing the great images on here, including Dune, Cobra and Mobius-inspired Haqq I decided to go Haqq and accidentally bought a Hassasin Bahram starter. The Red Veil Haqq team I intended to buy is also on it's way, as is a certain turbaned super soldier, but you have to start somewhere.

I actually painted these up in December, in a fairly dark, washed look, so they joined me for my first actual game, but decided to to strip them and go for something slower and more colourful, The Crane insisted on being in the shot, but is very much at the end of my priorities (don't tell him, he's got a DA CCW).  The goal at the is to get around 200 points done in two weeks so I can start playing with painted minis.

umauf4m.jpg

At the moment, basing is fairly standard desert schemed, but as I base the rest of the Red Veil kit I will add in details to capture the look of a small outpost at the edge of the desert, adding some urban scatter, roadways, etc. to the basing.  I've been putting together some images for inspiration for the force, and found a few images by an artist on Artstation (Ricean Vlad) and another from Deviantart (duster132) that look interesting, techy with a unique look and colours that I feel could work in the desert. 

ricean-vlad-desert-soldier.jpg?143421352ricean-vlad-assault-soldier.jpg?14489980mecha_fellagha__by_duster132-d791ax1.jpg

The 10 point Daylami and the Fiday will be the guinea pigs, as they are both fairly open miniatures, one simple, one a bit more detailed. Cloth will be deck tan / khaki, and details will be varied NMM grays, orange-red and teal /turqoise details, warm brown leathers and blue lights. If I can pull it off, visors will be chrome NMM.

Nice ideas and love your references. Going to be interesting seeing these develop. 

I agree, cool idea. I'm looking forward to see what you do with it!

Seems like a bit of a crunch for two weeks, but a solid idea. Good luck!

Yeah, 200 points in two weeks may be a bit ambitious. After doing a test mini and seeing how rusty I am, I need to slow it right down. Daylami Steve is going back in the bacta/acetone. He was my designated test models. The reds and oranges worked well with the khaki. The teal on his flak jacket made it look like had strapped a pair of sunglasses to his chest. The look will not be repeated.

So the designated first model will be the Ragik, Bob. Will try to use a colour scheme similar to the second picture above. 

Otherwise, the crew is all primed in light great, with black guns. A bunch of their friends arrived today, the Haqqislam side of a Red Veil boz. 

So far my favourite mini in the set is the Zhayedan, let's call him Star Lord, with the Fasid coming in second. Man bun and Snipey McSnipeface have caused me both knife cuts and stupid gluing mishaps, but I did get them assembled in the end.

Waiting for a delivery tomorrow, and can't leave the house, so Bob will see paint.

The next one to go through to production is this guy:

ysJEzKF.jpgoTEPwOk.jpg

I blocked in the colours before I changed the trousers of the Daylami, so the trousers will be ochre, not blue. I think the coat needs heavy weathering and the eye holes will glow blue. Will need to work orange and teal in there as well. Teal might go into the insets on the bracers. Orange... No idea. Maybe in the inner leg panels, like the Daylami, or the optics for the breaker rifle.

About halfway there on this one:

jBF8rq7.jpgJOLfooc.jpg1KAMxbv.jpg

Noticed a flaw in the side of the backpack that should have been filed away. Oh well, stipple effect, will not be that apparent when painted. He's just carrying an awkward thermos. A bit more concerned with the pastyness off the face mask. If I carefully scrape off the paint and reapply it I could give it another shot. Opinions? Might try to chrome it up as well.

I don't think this gun will be as shiny as the Daylami. I see the Ramah troops as better equipped, so I imagine his gun will have duller highlights. Might have some khaki elements, magazine, stock, grenade launcher grip. Suppose I will tint the pistol blue like the magazine on the Daylami's rifle.

Also, I'm considering getting some pigments to dust and desert up the bases. Looking at Secret Weapon pigments at the moment. Are they easy to deal with?

Zhadeyan done. That gun looks like a breaker rifle+LGL, rather than a breaker rifle+light shotgun, or am I imagining things.r8u8IRZ.jpgEOkfIWG.jpgAUMjnaG.jpg

R5mfEh7.jpg

Big boy ready for paint.

R5mfEh7.jpg

Big boy ready for paint.

YITzO4L.jpg

Family shot. Big boy is telling me I need to get better lightning.

544959ce7762927bffb3355c1d779eb2.jpg

Wondering if this posting from Tapatalk works. Repainted the helmet and chestplate of the Fasid.

I've always liked Haqisslam but could never decide on a good colour scheme, but you have nailed it. That Fiday is class! 

956be88c7f6404b9497d83f1fc857065.jpg

At some point I need some better lighting. Next up is the best Haqq ARO piece: Daylami panzerfaust. Seven or eight points of inaccurate order wastage that never ceases to amuse me.