Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
System_Override

Who can use the Anaconda TAG ?

25 posts in this topic

Who can us ethe Anaconda TAG? I have failed to find it in Infinity Army or the books so far.

MRRF, and in the current ITS season also Caledonia, as they won't work with Scarface.

Thank you kindly. That does seem rather limited though o.O

It's SOP for Mercenary units in Infinity, other than 'universal' ones like Armand or Bounty Hunters.

SOP ? I am not familiar with the abbreviation.

Standard Operating Procedure. Sorry, I should explained in full.

Thank you! It surprised me since Scarface and Cordelia are available to most vanilla factions.

Yes, but that's (probably?) just an ITS Season 8 thing, not the default.

MERCS in infinity seem to be a wasted resource in infinity,well up until the release the next few books.

Yes I think so too, but since season 8 does have a TAG focus i sort of assumed that teh anaconda would also see more use. For example for vanilla Ariadna who only have Scarface and Cordelia

3 hours ago, Steam-Age Dandy said:

Yes I think so too, but since season 8 does have a TAG focus i sort of assumed that teh anaconda would also see more use. For example for vanilla Ariadna who only have Scarface and Cordelia

They didn't have any TAG option before so CB gave them Scarface to work with. I am also a little confused why the Anaconda didn't get passed around more, don't really see the harm in it being more widely available (it's on the cover of the rulebook, after all!) and it would make two TAG lists a lot easier to build.

Hopefully in the next book or two,mercs will be more widely available.

47 minutes ago, JohnnyRambo said:

Hopefully in the next book or two,mercs will be more widely available.

Like when we see the Merc sectorials? ;) 

28 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

Like when we see the Merc sectorials? ;) 

Yes,thats the point i was trying to make,bet we see that before certain other ones ;)

On 07/01/2017 at 10:19 PM, JohnnyRambo said:

MERCS in infinity seem to be a wasted resource in infinity,well up until the release the next few books.

It's only limited in ITS and ITS is not the only way to play the game.
OUTSIDE of ITS, mercs are fine and legal to use by any faction if your opponents are fine with it (some won't but some can think outside the box).

1 hour ago, chromedog said:

It's only limited in ITS and ITS is not the only way to play the game.
OUTSIDE of ITS, mercs are fine and legal to use by any faction if your opponents are fine with it (some won't but some can think outside the box).

Maybe not,but its the most popular

Even if you're playing ITS missions I'd be fine with an opponent asking to use a merc like the Anaconda, I'd encourage it even. 

The only time it's truly verboten is at an official ITS event. 

I use my Anaconda as a proxy for the Iguana TAG (available for Qapu Khalqi).  I just don't like the Iguana model and do love the Anaconda.

21 hours ago, Danger Rose said:

I use my Anaconda as a proxy for the Iguana TAG (available for Qapu Khalqi).  I just don't like the Iguana model and do love the Anaconda.

Aw, but the Iguana's got so much attitude!  I always picture him doing Sub-Zero's "GET OVER HERE!" yell!

1 hour ago, TwoDee said:

Aw, but the Iguana's got so much attitude!  I always picture him doing Sub-Zero's "GET OVER HERE!" yell!

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree!  The Iguana's pose is cool as hell.  It's the crotch cockpit looking thing that I don't like.  I would have bought one and chop the offending part off, but I REALLY wanted an excuse to buy an Anaconda.

Yeah, I was surprised the Anaconda isn't more widely available (in ITS). 

You just would've thought that CB would've made a more financial decision, and given it a wider usage base. A lot of us gamers follow the rules without deviation most of the time, so if - in ITS - the Anaconda looks as though it's only available for MRRF (a temporarily defunct Sectorial, as it is), that would hurt sales for what is otherwise a pretty sweet model. 

But it may only be a short-lived situation. I didn't know there were going to be dedicated Merc Sectorials (ta, Pride of Rodina), and those will no doubt be massively popular, so it should work out fine in the end.

So it is likely that lots of people will not be able to use their scarface models anymore from next season on? I guess that will get some people angry.

On 11/01/2017 at 9:08 AM, Col said:

Even if you're playing ITS missions I'd be fine with an opponent asking to use a merc like the Anaconda, I'd encourage it even. 

The only time it's truly verboten is at an official ITS event. 

My group played with mercenaries for a bit, but then realised that they break the limits each faction should have. I do not recommend the free use of mercs. 

On 4/7/2017 at 4:55 PM, TwoDee said:

You mean Scorpion, surely?

9 hours ago, Hecaton said:

You mean Scorpion, surely?

...Yes.

I had a mini Iggy Showdown with two Iggies trying to take the other out and there was a lot of...

*Points* You are going down!
*Points* No, you are going down!
*Points* Nuh-uh! Take this!

The point seemed as lot more sassy than bad-ass.