Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abd Al-Azrad

Would an all myridom or all thorakitai army work?

9 posts in this topic

I was thinking about doing an all myridom or all thorakitai list but I wasn't sure how well that would work out. So I just thought I would ask and see what you all thought of it.

I was going to be using things like kts, druze , djanbazan and other miniatures from various armies I like as proxies since I like aleph's rules but I am not a big fan of their miniatures.

Are you thinking about Myrmidons+support/Thorakitai+support, or do you want to eliminate the support units as well?

First approach would probably work, the "pure" one would be harder to pull off. Relying on one unit type would make the list vulnerable to things it couldn't counter with one unit.

All Myrmidon list could work due to the crap tonne of characters that are available. Would it be any good?? Maybe.

logo_702.png Steel Phalanx
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
logo_6.pngMYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 36)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
logo_17.pngMACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_18.pngPHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
logo_20.pngAJAX 2 Combi Rifles, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 39)
logo_6.pngMYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 35)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 31)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

@Stiopa I was going to have a few support units just to keep the army viable, though I wanted to stick to those two units as much as I could.

Most of my lists are 1 Myrm Link, 1 Thorakite Link, 1 Pew Pew (Agema, Atalanta or Teucer) and something else. Drakios is making a solid impression but Diomedes/Scylla are always good.

The problem with the idea is that it relies too heavily on the opponent not having MSV, dtw, or CC monsters.  (referenced to Thaddius' list) Granted you have Ajax for CC monsters, but when Machaon dies (hes a pretty obvious Lt for SP IMO) its going to get real awkward for you, and again dtws are going to suck.  Thoraikitei are super cheap 360 visor, if they had a hacker profile or a character Thoraikitei had a non-defensive hacking device, that'd actually be a pretty fun idea, granted the list would be really slow and a smidge awkward for some ITS scenarios.

6 hours ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

@Stiopa I was going to have a few support units just to keep the army viable, though I wanted to stick to those two units as much as I could.

In that case I'm sure it'd be viable. The point is to counter potential counters to Myrmidons, which @GTDemon777 mentioned (I disagree about the obvious Lt. bit, though - it might be Machaon, but Phoenix, Eudoros, Achilles and Hector (I count the latter two as 'Myrmidons', but that's a personal preferrence) are good Lt's as well.

MSV can be countered by Eclipse (Officers, Machaon, Eudoros). CC monsters and DTWs often rely on smoke to get close, so Agema/Agema characters should be able to keep them at bay. Another thing to counter is the cost of the whole squad, which could mean the Netrods are required to fill out the group.

logo_702.png Pure Myrmidon

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_19.pngEUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 31)
logo_18.pngPHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 40)
logo_6.pngMYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 35)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 26)
logo_17.pngMACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_11.pngYUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Ajax/Eudoros link to advance into CQB or CC, Phoenix/Officer to keep back and provide fire support, Machaon outside link to heal as needed, Chan Myrm to help guard the Lt.

------------------------------

logo_702.png Myrmidon Assault with fire support

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_19.pngEUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)
logo_17.pngMACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Spitfire, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 31)
logo_12.pngNETROD Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png2  
logo_15.pngATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + TinBot E (Spotter) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
logo_4.pngAGÊMA Marksman MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Here both links are designed to advance and deal with enemies via active turn shooting, with Eudoros and Spitfire Myrm taking point. Agemas provide fire support, both through smoke in active turn and AROs.

------------------------------

logo_702.png And now for something completely different

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
logo_14.pngALKÊ Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_25.pngTHRASYMEDES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 30)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_3.pngTHORAKITES Paramedic (Medikit, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_1.pngEKDROMOS Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  
logo_1.pngEKDROMOS Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 29)
logo_8.pngZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_7.pngDALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
logo_7.pngDALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
logo_13.pngPROBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Thorakitai are only AVA 6, so to make it as pure as I could I added remotes. Alke's link stays back - with no CoC we need to be extra careful with Lt. - while Thrasymedes advances towards objectives. Ekdromoi are there to deal with threats that Thoras would be hard pressed to neutralize by themselves.

I have been running a few mostly myrmidon lists, and they can be *nasty*

But yeah. MSV2 is a really big problem. Especially if it likes a long rangeband.  You need to have a plan to deal with a enemy msv troop. And you will most likely be limited to a 10-man list, so each casuality you take counts.

logo_702.png Myrmidons

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_6.pngMYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 36)
logo_5.pngMYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 26)
logo_4.pngAGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
logo_27.pngTEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 44)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Personally I'm quite curious about @Stiopa lists, new ideas for SP are really welcomed and I always thought about a full Thoras list, maybe with Hector, the last one with 16 orders is really amazing and I'd like to test it.