Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmelee

NOVA OPEN ITS Dire States: Battle for the Beltway

29 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

The NOVA OPEN, one of the largest miniature game events will start registration February 1st. 

This year I am running the Infinity events. We have plenty of Infinity events the whole weekend.
> Thursday 8/31/17 Infinity Narrative
> Friday 9/1/17 ITS Mid Tier Event
> Sat & Sun 9/1-3 ITS Dire State Battle for the Beltway!! 
> Fri - Sun ITS Top Tier Event 
> Open gaming every evening !!

More details to come. Keep an eye on this forum and the Nova website. I encourage everyone to check out the weekend schedule and register early if possible.

The Super NOVA packages which are well worth it! sell out within an hour of registration and are super worth it!!!

https://novaopenstore.com/NoVACart/Home/EventContainer/12

I will be back with new dice! Because WOW my dice last time...

This looks like a great alternative to GenCon for me (buying a new car so no GenCon this year)!

Planning on returning this year!

I will be there, and all who attend should quake with fear at the thought of my force of Military Orders on our holy quest to....     who am I kidding, I'll be there to be an easy win for any of my opponents.

Cleared it with the wife. I will be there too! Can't wait. 

MasterOfMelee runs fun events, so this will be exciting!

I'll be back for the Narrative again. Maybe the Friday game too...
I also, should have at least 3-4 painted tables by then if you need help with tables...?

Tables are always welcome. It's nice to see the results of everyone's hard work. I myself may be working on a new table between now and NOVA.

Looking forward to coming back. Gotta defend my title of Valor: Dogged.

@masterofmelee I've never been to NOVA before, if I want to play in tournaments will buying the SuperNova Access Pass get me into every event or is there a separate registration fee per event? Thanks

2 hours ago, Shinobi said:

@masterofmelee I've never been to NOVA before, if I want to play in tournaments will buying the SuperNova Access Pass get me into every event or is there a separate registration fee per event? Thanks

Each event is a separate registration fee.

The Super NOVA gives you a weekend pass. Each event has a separate cost. Also along with the pass, the super nova typically comes with epic swag. The Super NOVA package typically sells out within minutes. 

I got my supernova, and I'll be in the Dire States ITS.  Rawk.

I'll be there. I should be running one of the events to give @masterofmelee a little break.

21 hours ago, BLOODGOD said:

I'll be there. I should be running one of the events to give @masterofmelee a little break.

Are they changing the cost of that event to "$blood for the Bloodgod"?

On 2/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, audio weasel said:

Are they changing the cost of that event to "$blood for the Bloodgod"?

There might be an additional blood cost, payable at the door.

@masterofmelee

When do you anticipate announcing scenarios? Presumably this is "next season" after Planetario so that probably means August if/when a new season document releases?

@farseerixirvost

I plan to announce the scenario by April 15th, with the Caveat that some scenarios may change dependent on Season 9 rules. 

This way you, your gaming group and all attendees can practice for the event.

thanks for your question. Make sure to spread the word in your community, and looking forward to the event!!

A day late, but here are the missions for the EVENT!!  Would love any feedback!

Quick Update:

Missions for the event have been chosen.

Thursday Infinity Narrative

> Just like last year, Missions will be a surprise.

Friday ITS Mid Tier Season 9 Joint Ops:

> Supremacy

> Antennae Field

> Engineering Deck

Saturday - Sunday ITS Mid Tier Direct Action

Dire States: Battle for the Beltway

> The Armory

> Safe Area

> Show of Power

> Deadly Dance

> Supremacy

Friday - Sunday ITS Season 9 TAG Line

> Chapter 1

> Chapter 2

> Chapter 5

Please note, as the event is near the beggining of a new ITS Season, they may change if the missions get altered by Corvus Belli.

Hey, if the new season starts before Nova, will TAGline still be a "thing" you can run?

16 minutes ago, HuronBlakhart said:

Hey, if the new season starts before Nova, will TAGline still be a "thing" you can run?

If TAG line goes away next season, I will choose simular new missions. Since the event will be early in the season,I will have to adjust as needed.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:53 PM, masterofmelee said:

A day late, but here are the missions for the EVENT!!  Would love any feedback!

Friday ITS Mid Tier Season 9 Joint Ops:

> Supremacy

> Antennae Field

> Engineering Deck

Saturday - Sunday ITS Mid Tier Direct Action

Dire States: Battle for the Beltway

> The Armory

> Safe Area

> Show of Power

> Deadly Dance

> Supremacy

Friday - Sunday ITS Season 9 TAG Line

> Chapter 1

> Chapter 2

> Chapter 5

Please note, as the event is near the beggining of a new ITS Season, they may change if the missions get altered by Corvus Belli.

I have a few comments, one of which you've already responded to. 

1. TAGLINE is ITS8, I would not expect it to be around for ITS9. You could still run the evening tournament that way without ITS though. Given that, I'd give it around a 50% chance that Show of Power and Deadly Dance will be gone for ITS9, since "Scarface for everyone" is also an ITS8 specific rule.

2. Why the scenario repetition? Supremacy is played twice and Show of Power and Deadly Dance are, as a pair, in two different tournaments. What about Decapitation and Firefight for the two day ITS? Then you're much less likely to have to change scenarios at the last minute. Maybe Transmission Matrix for the joint ops event?

3. Is one of the CB guys coming this year? If so I'm curious where a seminar would fit in.

Thanks for your work, @masterofmelee!

Carlos is coming if I remember correctly.

Thats why there the tournaments are spread over two days to accommodate the seminars

1 hour ago, dlfleetw said:

Carlos is coming if I remember correctly.

That's what I thought I remembered too, but last I looked I couldn't find a seminar on the schedule.

Also, congrats on being a Warcor, @masterofmelee!

5 hours ago, BLOODGOD said:

I have a few comments, one of which you've already responded to. 

1. TAGLINE is ITS8, I would not expect it to be around for ITS9. You could still run the evening tournament that way without ITS though. Given that, I'd give it around a 50% chance that Show of Power and Deadly Dance will be gone for ITS9, since "Scarface for everyone" is also an ITS8 specific rule.

2. Why the scenario repetition? Supremacy is played twice and Show of Power and Deadly Dance are, as a pair, in two different tournaments. What about Decapitation and Firefight for the two day ITS? Then you're much less likely to have to change scenarios at the last minute. Maybe Transmission Matrix for the joint ops event?

3. Is one of the CB guys coming this year? If so I'm curious where a seminar would fit in.

Thanks for your work, @masterofmelee!

Yeah I wonder about this too, I will prob bring my USAriadna and would need Scarface to really compete in the dire states. I really don't see the missions going away but could see Scarface going away. Although they do kind of go hand in hand...

1 hour ago, MERCman said:

Yeah I wonder about this too, I will prob bring my USAriadna and would need Scarface to really compete in the dire states. I really don't see the missions going away but could see Scarface going away. Although they do kind of go hand in hand...

That's the thing, if Scarface goes away those missions essentially have to go away because 3/4 of Ariadna will have no access to a TAG