masterofmelee

NOVA OPEN ITS Dire States: Battle for the Beltway

32 posts in this topic

Good Questions Everyone.

The Season 9 issue is unavoidable. Fact is, we will be one of the first Big events of the Season in the USA.

Pros:

> Players will have a chance to start the season string with their ITS ranking early on. Everyone will be at an relatively even ELO.

> We will replace any missions that no longer exist and get first crack at the new ones.

Cons:

> I may have to change some missions. Hopefully attendees understand that I can't control ITS content.

I like Supremacy. :)

I am not sure who CB will be sending this year if anyone. I will post here once I have news.

Currently we have 19 of a possible 50 attendees currently registered for the two day event. Last year we had maximum of 26 players and a minimum of 12 for the Narrative.  I am doing my best to spread the word. Any help from the community in directing people to the event would be great.

I am working on getting the primer updated/corrected. Thanks to you all.

http://www.novaopen.com/infinity/

I'm going to be signing up for the Narrative (haven't yet because reasons. I'll get that done shortly.) and most likely the JO event. I'd wanted to sign up for the 2 day DA event but I'm doing the FSA Narrative which is also on Sunday.

I'd spread the word but I'm the only Infinity guy in my area. That said, I'm trying to bug the Charleston and Atlanta guys when I'm in their areas.

Speaking of which, @Claudius Sol you should definitely drag your guys up to this.

On 4/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, BLOODGOD said:

That's the thing, if Scarface goes away those missions essentially have to go away because 3/4 of Ariadna will have no access to a TAG

Yeah very true...

They didn't reset the Elo values before season 8 (which makes sense now that it's an actually head-to-head Elo value).

Just in case anyone missed it.

Please note, as the event is near the beggining of a new ITS Season, they may change if the missions get altered by Corvus Belli.

Quick Upodate

The NOVA Open room block is sold out. If you have not yet booked your stay at our $95 Hyatt discounted room rate, NOVA has established alternatives for you. We do NOT want our attendees inconvenienced, so we're asking that you BOOK YOUR ROOMS TODAY! Booking costs you nothing.

SUGGESTION: CHECK NOVA Open ROOM BLOCK at HYATT FIRST

There may be a few High Floor and Deluxe Kings still open. Always a CHANCE someone cancels & a double pops up!

Super hyped!  some big names coming to play against!  Last couple times I went, the tables were amazing and the painted armies were fantastic to see and play against.  I couldnt believe how cool the players were and how helpful they were as opponents.   Also, the NOVA is run like no other tourney I have ever been to.  They had losers raffles between rounds bringing free stuff, lots of deep prize support, tons of raffles, demos, and vendors.  Lots of stuff to do at night like classes, seminars, demos, free gaming, local attractions....  

Def. gonna be there!