falsemind

Tiny Head Tim

31 posts in this topic

some gorgeous models here. Actually, I kinda like the tiny head of the Taskmaster... It contributes to give him a bulky menacing appearance.

however, killionaire's head swap is really amazing! Kudos!

I do love the original head but this thread is a great showcase how much the head contributes to the general appearance of the model.

Great conversions.

In my opinion CB needs to step up their game on scale consistency. 

I was super happy with the ice storm scale, but a lot of new releases have been getting smaller and smaller.

I play PanO as well as Nomads (Icestorm, duh) and the new order sergeants are baby sized next to Icestorm fusiliers. Similarly, the new Acon starter features figures that are slightly shorter and FAR slimmer than the Icestorm figures.

1 minute ago, SeniorBiscuit said:

In my opinion CB needs to step up their game on scale consistency. 

So much this. Especially since they are made in CAD, they should be easily able to scale everything to be consistent. One of the things that bothers me the most is them scaling the weapons to each individual model, rather than using the same weapon. It makes units like the Bagh Mari look stupid, with the female models having these little squirt gun versions of the male combis, or Tarik's man sized AK.

2 minutes ago, BaleWolf said:

So much this. Especially since they are made in CAD, they should be easily able to scale everything to be consistent. One of the things that bothers me the most is them scaling the weapons to each individual model, rather than using the same weapon. It makes units like the Bagh Mari look stupid, with the female models having these little squirt gun versions of the male combis, or Tarik's man sized AK.

Omg I agree so much with this. Just started PanO, and my female regular looks like shes holding a pistol compared to the male combi. And yeah.... digital sculpts mean scale should be consistent. The cynic in me thinks they are cutting costs, as the newer models ive bought have WAYYY less heft than the nice and substantial Icestorm sets. 

4 hours ago, SeniorBiscuit said:

Omg I agree so much with this. Just started PanO, and my female regular looks like shes holding a pistol compared to the male combi. And yeah.... digital sculpts mean scale should be consistent. The cynic in me thinks they are cutting costs, as the newer models ive bought have WAYYY less heft than the nice and substantial Icestorm sets. 

Unlikely its cost cutting measures. It fluctuates. Sometimes you get slimmer sculpts, sometimes you get gigantic models like Samaritan, Achilles 2, Spitfire Crane, Boarding Shotgun Pheasant, Domaru box. It's been pointed out that the Zhanshi SWC box isn't consistent with itself.

There is a clear split in scale between the male and female models. Generally the males see the most variance while the females tend to be more consistent, though the latter tend to be at a smaller scale.