Whale

Whale's Stuff 2.0

5 posts in this topic

A cautionary tale. I shot everything that's painted in NeoTerra in my collection. I wanted to post this in particular because in my NeoTerra collection, there's such a broad range of painting skill (low ceiling) and technique, model scale and quality, and color scheme. I think the ORC, which has warpaint face, or Fusiliers were the first pieces I painted in the Infinity line in 2011. The Bolts and Devas were painted in 2017. I call this a cautionary tale because I'm not thrilled by the inconsistent scheme for the sectorial. It's not terrible, but it's noticeable due to all the factors I listed. It's less of a problem with, say, my Morats and JSA, because I have a consistent scheme, and with generic Yu Jing because I do not want a consistent scheme. I've considered touching up certain models, like the Hexa and Auxilia to make them fit, but I'm also waiting to have a paint day with skilled painters who will know where to touch up the figures I want to make more consistent. I ponder on whether it is fitting for PanO, though, for we all know their society is only ostensibly egalitarian, and that their moralizing is not consistent with their behavior.trjjtjtjtjtjtjt.jpeg

I feel your pain, i go through fits and starts of hobbing and then i look at what i did 'last time' and it always looks worse than now! That is the problem with always getting better via practice. It's a good thing!!!

Bit was made with the Guijia face, back of Oznat head, Oznat body with green stuff covering some of the torso, Oznat converted arms, PanO gun, one of the hold hacking holos.

Kiss is just a Unidron with old Haqq spitfire on arm, green stuff cable attached to old Combined Army REM GML arm on his back.

My paint job on them is disappointing and I might get help touching them up from a painting expert friend or two in the near future, so stay tuned for closeups.

IMG_20171218_172247.jpg

IMG_20171228_132835.jpg

IMG_20171228_132856.jpg

IMG_20171121_141537.jpg

Edited by Whale
Adding photo