Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schoon

Strikezone Wotan

61 posts in this topic

Since Bostria spilled the beans on this one in his Beasts of War Interview (at the 36 minute mark), I thought it work a topic of its own.

First, it's the first time to my knowledge that the fighting will be "space based," meaning aboard space ships and space stations.

He also mentions that they have art material ready to roll for that, which I would hope includes art of the ships and stations involved.

I wonder what else this presages...

Personally I think it may presage a new book focusing on Svalarheima. It might be a "update" on the campaign rules from  C:P may be containing one new sectorial per faction or some such.

Really hope to see more of the station and ships of the HUman Sphere.  

From the other thread:

It's time for some boarding actions. Santiagos are singing their praises.

2 minutes ago, Ayadan said:

It's time for some boarding actions. Santiagos are singing their praises.

The Gecko has waited for years for it's Zero-G ability to matter. Soon, it shall live in glory!

Maybe I  will finally have reason to use multi-terrain option on may Tiger soldiers

I'll be interested at how they bring Ariadna into the campaign...  who would be the logical AEC trooper deployed in space?

3 minutes ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

I'll be interested at how they bring Ariadna into the campaign...  who would be the logical AEC trooper deployed in space?

Redneck bikes! So they can crash into things without gravity! :D

20 minutes ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

I vote 45th Highlanders: zero-G kilts for all!

All enemy models must pass a guts test before taking any order targeting them; models with any level of MSV or biolocator suffer a -6 to the roll.

As if I needed another reason to take Sekbans and Yuan Yuan...

Although the information that typically fuels a good hype-train has not been provided, mine is leaving the station based on "fighting...IN SPACE!" My first purchases for Infinity were Hellcats and I had dreamed of a space-born assault or boarding action. Although the game offers so much, the image of boarding troops screaming across the dead of night before cutting their way through a hull and commandeering a bridge has not yet been realized. 

This may be a chance to live the dream...I'm already google searching playable spaceships/interior boards...

1 hour ago, JurisprudentiallyYours said:

Although the information that typically fuels a good hype-train has not been provided, mine is leaving the station based on "fighting...IN SPACE!" My first purchases for Infinity were Hellcats and I had dreamed of a space-born assault or boarding action. Although the game offers so much, the image of boarding troops screaming across the dead of night before cutting their way through a hull and commandeering a bridge has not yet been realized. 

This may be a chance to live the dream...I'm already google searching playable spaceships/interior boards...

I'm trying to find a post where someone showed a picture of an amazing Spaceship.

I sugested using Faster Than Light layouts for designing different Spaceships, as they are "blocky" and easy to design, but I can't find that f*cking post.

EDIT: Well, this isn't the thread where I posted, but it has the same awesome spaceship because the poster is the one that built it:

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/36002-yu-jing-cargo-ship/

EDIT2: And here you can see an example of how to quickly and cheap build a table for fighting in interiors:

http://chadtheterrainguy.blogspot.com.es/2015/10/infinity-terrain-spaceship-in-shoe-box.html

Corregidor: An entire shipfull of Riddicks. Get ready beeyotches, you're on our Zero-G turf now and we're coming through the hatch!

1 hour ago, Savnock said:

Corregidor: An entire shipfull of Riddicks. Get ready beeyotches, you're on our Zero-G turf now and we're coming through the hatch!

And the Knights of Santiago will be standing there to kick your teeth in, and then your butts right back through that hatch...

1 hour ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

And the Knights of Santiago will be standing there to kick your teeth in, and then your butts right back through that hatch...

I look forward to this confrontation! Also I wish you guys had a decent Haris. Santiagos would make sense. At least Haqq got Haris on their small-unit zero-G HI guys.

Also: You're going to want a way to deal with CC guys coming through smoke. No idea how MO do that: Order Sergeants on Supp Fire maybe? Doesn't really help against Eclipse though... El Señor and his Jaguars are going to be the chief nastygram from the Corregidor Post Office to their beloved opponents in many a game. I'm guessing MO are going to want to fall back on guys with mines and visors a lot in ship-fights.

53 minutes ago, Savnock said:

I'm guessing MO are going to want to fall back on guys with mines and visors a lot in ship-fights.

Good thing we have minelayers and HI with visor!

52 minutes ago, Savnock said:

At least Haqq got Haris on their small-unit zero-G HI guys.

Sekban are MI.

So, should i expect another Nomad and Haqq alliance? We have the silk you need, you have the ships we need.

19 minutes ago, Agorapocalypse said:

So, should i expect another Nomad and Haqq alliance? We have the silk you need, you have the ships we need.

Given the explosion in Haqq numbers since Red Veil I don't think that they'll be looking for partners so much as storming ahead themselves.

And the newly invigorated Yu Jing will probably be looking for vengeance after Flamestrike.

Good thing the Nomads still have solid numbers.

1 hour ago, Savnock said:

I look forward to this confrontation! Also I wish you guys had a decent Haris. Santiagos would make sense. At least Haqq got Haris on their small-unit zero-G HI guys.

Also: You're going to want a way to deal with CC guys coming through smoke. No idea how MO do that: Order Sergeants on Supp Fire maybe? Doesn't really help against Eclipse though... El Señor and his Jaguars are going to be the chief nastygram from the Corregidor Post Office to their beloved opponents in many a game. I'm guessing MO are going to want to fall back on guys with mines and visors a lot in ship-fights.

KoS are CC guys...  and in a Fireteam?  Yeah, Jaguares can come get their throats cut...  if the BSGs haven't already cut them to shribbons...  BS23?  Yeah, I'll take that.

I can't wait to see Space Kazaks! :D I'm exciting to see what this brings about, especially for Ariadna.

1 hour ago, Eciu said:

Good thing we have minelayers and HI with visor!

HI with visors in MO? I was talking about MO, not vanilla. Blackfriars do rule. But the grenades on Massacre are Eclipse, so visors aren't that great there either. He's really good now with the Jaguar link (except one will always, always roll badly at the wrong moment... effing Deadpool!).

Minelayers will indeed rule though. Especially for putting mines in entirely different rooms and hallways. Found that fun when playing tunnelfights using Space Hulk tiles.

Hacking: also pretty nasty if there's no rule for it being weaker through walls. Jammers could also get suuuuuper nasty, and people might actually use Nullifiers.

1 hour ago, Janzerker said:

Sekban are MI.

Shows how often I see them- poor bastards. Odalisques always seem to show up instead. Hoping that changes here maybe. Such cool minis. I have one I'll be converting into part of my mixed Riot Grrl team soon!

27 minutes ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

KoS are CC guys...  and in a Fireteam?  Yeah, Jaguares can come get their throats cut...  if the BSGs haven't already cut them to shribbons...  BS23?  Yeah, I'll take that.

No shotguns going off in smoke. And almost even odds on the fight, true, but still in the Jaguars' favor IMO. Santiagos have MA 1, maybe some DA CCWs, and 2W: Jags have MA2, all have DA CCWs (or 1 profile with E/M, and Dogged. Except the Jags are 10 points. And their pointman has E/M grenades like the Knights, but they're nastier when they hit HI. I wouldn't like those odds with even a Haramaki link, for example.

Cheap, nasty CC with smoke grenades is a beeyotch to deal with in corridors or boarding actions. I love tunnelfights (YJ player mostly, go figure), but against linked Hungries, Uberfallkommando, Antipodes, or a Jaguar link, I'd not be keen to toss in anything except Domaru links, Ajax linked, or the like. Mines! More mines!

You know what else is going to be horrifying in boarding actions? Plasmarifle Q-Drones.

10 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

I can't wait to see Space Kazaks! :D I'm exciting to see what this brings about, especially for Ariadna.

spacesquat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Pride of Rodina said:

Kosmonaut MI, similar to Scots Guard/Wildcats/Bolts filling that 15-25 point niche for the Kazaks. 

I can hope can't I?

41 minutes ago, Col said:

Kosmonaut MI, similar to Scots Guard/Wildcats/Bolts filling that 15-25 point niche for the Kazaks. 

I can hope can't I?

You and me both comrade, you and me both. It is definitely interesting to see exactly how TAK, USARF, CHA, and FRRM will fit into this (especially with all of this spave stuff). I really hope it's a sign of some possible new units, as you pointed out. Right now, I honestly can't imagine Ariadna doing space missions much at all. It'd be hard to use camo on a ship or station, ha ha.