Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schoon

Strikezone Wotan

61 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Merchant said:

To be fair, I'm not selling or promoting the sale of anything. Just saying I'll have a cool table to play on if someone is local to the area.

Fair enough :)

I just saw a kickstarter link and didn't check closer. Sometimes especially kickstarter project leaders are a bit pushy (which is understandable) about promoting their project, and it's very poor form to disrespect the forum owners by pushing their projects directly and sometimes this infects people who want kickstarter projects to succeed or to get more people to unlock stuff for them. I mean, I was very happy with Wargame Model Mods kickstarter I backed and was a bit bummed I managed to miss his Totally Not Space Hulk kickstarter (with LED-lit floor!), so I can relate to wanting to spread the word about stuff you're happy with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nomads will be like.

Gunnery Sergeant Ramirez: Let me see your Zero-G!
Private Joker: Sir?
Gunnery Sergeant Ramirez: You got Zero-G? Aaaaaaaagh! That's Zero-G. Now let me see your Zero-G!
Private Joker: Aaaaaaaagh!
Gunnery Sergeant Ramirez: Bullshit! You didn't convince me! Let me see your real Zero-G!
Private Joker: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Gunnery Sergeant Ramirez: You don't scare me! Work on it!
Private Joker: Sir, yes, sir!

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm betting the engine room / reactor room are going to get more play.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid KS links of active or concluded KS of unaffiliated companies are not allowed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, Danger Rose said:

Well, using flamestrike as precedent, I say they do.  As a matter of fact, Ariadna decided they liked Aleph's Agoge Center so much they decided to stay there indefinetly, you know, like Crimea.

Aleph proved they were incapable of securing the command node. Ariadnan security forces were simply doing what needed to be done.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2017 at 0:35 AM, Merchant said:

I'm betting the engine room / reactor room are going to get more play.

I really, really hope this is the case.

Also, we're going to need to do some EVA. Jump troops in spaaaaaace!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2017 at 5:09 PM, PsychoticStorm said:

I am afraid KS links of active or concluded KS of unaffiliated companies are not allowed.

Thanks for clarifying.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest difference from Flamestrike, that we know of at this point, is that some missions/zones will be time sensitive and closed off before the overall end of the campaign. Other missions/zones will be opened up during the campaign, including a Tohaa ship and the ALEPH zone in the O12 station (shared with Ariadna).

We also know that CB have experimented with alternative terrain rules, including giving movement bonuses to 0G units rather than penalising the movement of units without the trait and that the overall scoring system is "new and improved from the previous version".

A lot of effort has been put into ensuring that pure numbers aren't the deciding factor in this campaign so that the factions with fewer players aren't significantly disadvantaged. It won't be a purely win/loss basis however, and there will likely be incentives built in to encourage the reporting of defeats (well reported) as much as victories, with a well reported loss likely contributing as much as a poorly reported win.

The campaign will evolve over three major "stages", which will drive the cutoff dates for the missions/zones and the addition of the missions/zones coming in. There aren't solid dates yet as the technical issues are still being worked on, but somewhere around May for the initial launch is expected at this point.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

The biggest difference from Flamestrike, that we know of at this point, is that some missions/zones will be time sensitive and closed off before the overall end of the campaign. Other missions/zones will be opened up during the campaign, including a Tohaa ship and the ALEPH zone in the O12 station (shared with Ariadna).

We also know that CB have experimented with alternative terrain rules, including giving movement bonuses to 0G units rather than penalising the movement of units without the trait and that the overall scoring system is "new and improved from the previous version".

A lot of effort has been put into ensuring that pure numbers aren't the deciding factor in this campaign so that the factions with fewer players aren't significantly disadvantaged. It won't be a purely win/loss basis however, and there will likely be incentives built in to encourage the reporting of defeats (well reported) as much as victories, with a well reported loss likely contributing as much as a poorly reported win.

The campaign will evolve over three major "stages", which will drive the cutoff dates for the missions/zones and the addition of the missions/zones coming in. There aren't solid dates yet as the technical issues are still being worked on, but somewhere around May for the initial launch is expected at this point.

Have a source for these juicy details?

 

Feels like terrain zones see so little play. I understand why they wouldn't want to shut down troops for not having zero G but Multi terrain is all over the place.  It would be nice to see these dusty rules getting some action...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Have a source for these juicy details?

 

Bostria saying this during Rumble?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Merchant said:

Have a source for these juicy details?

 

Feels like terrain zones see so little play. I understand why they wouldn't want to shut down troops for not having zero G but Multi terrain is all over the place.  It would be nice to see these dusty rules getting some action...

80% of it is from the Bostria seminar at Rumble and the rest is from his podcast appearance on TGU:ARO or the Beasts of War announcement of the campaign.

So it's all either from Bostria or the BoW crew.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0