Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Col

On a Knauf's edge

19 posts in this topic

Knauf.jpg.d702975600b0a79963e50bd9686c02

Interesting profile, great shooting stats, and a shock+DA sniper is amazing, not sure my PanO would take him over a Nisse but my Ariadna are eyeing him up as a good choice. 

Thoughts?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him overall. Definitely a worthy consider in vanilla Yu Jing over the Guilang sniper and Bao Sniper as a nice middle of the road option.

His damage output is very high but he's pretty fragile so he needs to hide in the reactive turn, keep him away from templates and high burst weapons  a where possible. He looks to be a good active turn sniper used like a scalpel in the early game then as an ARO piece in the late game after the powerful pieces have gone down. One shot one kill sounds pretty accurate...

He has a few other quirky things like CC19+heavy pistol+stealth but I don't think these will see much action unless someone is trying to take him on within 8".

Interestingly no cube as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid choice for the points cost. Good for Merc lists. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it! It's a Nisse-esque choice (even though the lack of MSV2 is a huge difference) so I don't think he will find a spot in PanO. In most other factions, I believe he will be a solid choice! I will try him in my Steel Phanlanx :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Punkow said:

I like it! It's a Nisse-esque choice (even though the lack of MSV2 is a huge difference) so I don't think he will find a spot in PanO. In most other factions, I believe he will be a solid choice! I will try him in my Steel Phanlanx :)

 

Steel Phalanx is a sectorial, from the Beasts of War video Knauf will be Generic/Vanilla factions only. 

<Insert standards disclaimer and support for using mercs in any faction outside of tournaments with opponent's permission>

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col said:

Steel Phalanx is a sectorial, from the Beasts of War video Knauf will be Generic/Vanilla factions only. 

<Insert standards disclaimer and support for using mercs in any faction outside of tournaments with opponent's permission>

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mercs should just get their own army, than we won't have to figure out ways to fit cool models like Knafu or the bounty hunters. As things are i cant see Knafu making an appearance in most armies. His stat lines and equipment are good, but most armies already have something as good or better in their arsenals. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look, another merc sniper.

17361889_10212670288898732_2707874156335

17352486_10212670288618725_5031577060169432850_n.jpg

With a viral sniper rifle?  I am confuse.  If her profile is anything like Knauf (BS13 Mimetism etc), that's stamping on Knauf's toes mighty hard.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dasaan said:

Oh look, another merc sniper.

With a viral sniper rifle?  I am confuse.  If her profile is anything like Knauf (BS13 Mimetism etc), that's stamping on Knauf's toes mighty hard.

No if they just assign the merc to a given sectorial or few sectorials as traditionally happens with mercs. She seems a normal release, not a limited release model sticked to an offer or event. Therefore it' isn't quite likely she is made available to all generic factions. Besides it would be a bad idea to give access to viral sniper to any generic army.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for Hassassins and maybe ISS.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who knows Lunah may end up as the gen con exclusive model.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's called "knob" because he's meant to be taken as the blunt object used in a sock.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Knauf will also be available in MRRF, whereas Lunah will be IS, no word on generic humans or not.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he going to get a general release or strictly with the manga preorder? I'm gonna order the Fat Yuan Yuans this week and thinking about if I should grab the manga as well or not. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bostria has said that no models that are strictly LE will get a profile (referring specifically to the fat yuan yuan) therefore its liekly that Knauf will get a release at some point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daboarder said:

bostria has said that no models that are strictly LE will get a profile (referring specifically to the fat yuan yuan) therefore its liekly that Knauf will get a release at some point.

That will be interesting seeing as he is in 3 bits, being legs, torso + left arm + head, and right arm.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, the huanglong said:

That will be interesting seeing as he is in 3 bits, being legs, torso + left arm + head, and right arm.

Possibly a complete resculpt, Miranda style. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.3.2017 at 8:29 PM, Redeemer said:

The mercs should just get their own army, than we won't have to figure out ways to fit cool models like Knafu or the bounty hunters. As things are i cant see Knafu making an appearance in most armies. His stat lines and equipment are good, but most armies already have something as good or better in their arsenals. 

I think CB is building up their range right now to make a MERC faction viable. We already have a lot of profiles, the only thing missing is a line infantry and MERCs would be ready to go. So maybe they are already in the next book....maybe.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that you mention it Carlos did say, that the mercs are going to be in acheron falls back in 2014 at gen con.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0