Col

New Vedic Hacker, with friends!

59 posts in this topic

so happy for that pitcher

5 hours ago, Col said:

Oh yeah, and they're currently playtesting her linked with Dakinis for Vedic sectorial :D

Let's see how well our predctions go then...

Dakini link team might not be a sure thing because Bostria did mention that it was proving to be very strong.

Yeah that would be pure win! Looking forward to these ladies,  that is a stunning render

Okay, nice mini but hate the one-legged pose, it seems they always break for me :'(

Now onto important stuff : profiles. What kind of hacker will she be? What stats? On one hand, I'd hate if she didn't have V:NWI (because this is Aleph! I'm still refusing to play Acmon because he only has Dogged). But on the other hand, how to differentiate her from the Deva Hacker (which I never use anyway since I either take Asura Hacker or EVO/Thamyris)?

It'd be interesting if she gets Deva stats but with ARM0 and BTS6 or 9, and multiple HD options (including HD+). In essence, making her akin to Interventor with NWI. Expensive as hell though.

Maybe make her the Dakini link requirement?

Love the Pitcher though; should combine nicely with Garudas.

Actual new Vedic unit? Dakini link teams?

wvNQNWf.jpg

I'm guessing the linkable one will have a heavy points tax. No shit that budget, mimetism, fast REMs are going to be even more absurd in a link.

The thing that kinda sucked from the seminar is that while it appears the sectorial will be out this year, and that CB appears to 100% believe that the current Dakini sculpts and style are obsolete (i.e. when we resculpt them they will have hands holding weapons), it was very obvious that doing the resulpts were not even on the radar due to how off guard Carlos seemed about the question.

I was expecting Dakini fireteams with hacker or Sophotect/Rbhu, so I'm not surprised here. I wonder what will she bring to the table aside from the Pitcher.

51 minutes ago, Stiopa said:

I was expecting Dakini fireteams with hacker or Sophotect/Rbhu, so I'm not surprised here. I wonder what will she bring to the table aside from the Pitcher.

More Mimetism? She wears lots of hexagons :P

I've liked OSS for a while. If the future OSS models and any resculpts are on par with that I'll happily get a small OSS collection.

Interesting that there's 2 distinct heads on the dossier. Maybe a 2 model blister? I wish they'd properly return to that release format since they revived it for the Kaauri Sentinels.

If anything she might be a bit of a handbrake on the link (4-4 mov vs Dakinis 6-4, activating her to hack/supportware or fire the pitcher exposes the whole link to return fire same as nexus op with Unidrons). Seems likely with how powerful he felt they were, so I'm not sure I'd expect strong abilities. prob fairly vanilla similar to Nexus Op, with pitchers. pitchers are pretty cool for Aleph anyway.

It's pretty interesting that he referred to Vedic being out this year, but didn't tie it to a book release which hasn't seemed at all certain for this year. I wonder if that's a hint they might release Vedic as a stand alone, or as part of a smaller "split" book as he also mentioned was possible.

Honestly I don't see the problem with Dakinis at all but hey ho, I reckon that needing to put a Deva in there would probably be a little handbreak on the squad due to the slower MOV yes. Hoping for 5 man Dakini links that you can put up to two Devas in though, that'd be sooooo sweeeeet...

7 hours ago, Solar said:

Honestly I don't see the problem with Dakinis at all but hey ho, I reckon that needing to put a Deva in there would probably be a little handbreak on the squad due to the slower MOV yes. Hoping for 5 man Dakini links that you can put up to two Devas in though, that'd be sooooo sweeeeet...

Gotta agree with you there, that would be cool. I also dont see the issues with dakinis linkable. 6-4 and mimetism is good, but 0 arm and only 3 bts, plus only basic Human weapons, Unidrons can do a full 5 man link, bts6 arm1 dogged, and can get MML2 on plasma weapons. Dakinis shouldnt be too powerful as is and in links.

22 hours ago, Loki said:

I've liked OSS for a while. If the future OSS models and any resculpts are on par with that I'll happily get a small OSS collection.

Interesting that there's 2 distinct heads on the dossier. Maybe a 2 model blister? I wish they'd properly return to that release format since they revived it for the Kaauri Sentinels.

It's the same head with and without the hacking visor.

Well, according to vedic mythology, the Danavas were a type of Asura...  It would be nice if stats were similar. :D  

27 minutes ago, XiMeng said:

Well, according to vedic mythology, the Danavas were a type of Asura...  It would be nice if stats were similar. :D  

So both we and CB can safely ignore the undergunned Asura Hacker? :P

6 hours ago, Agorapocalypse said:

Gotta agree with you there, that would be cool. I also dont see the issues with dakinis linkable. 6-4 and mimetism is good, but 0 arm and only 3 bts, plus only basic Human weapons, Unidrons can do a full 5 man link, bts6 arm1 dogged, and can get MML2 on plasma weapons. Dakinis shouldnt be too powerful as is and in links.

Well...I beg to differ. Unidrons are (and I'm an Onyx player) already a little bit too good for their points cost. But they come linkable in a faction without access to "cheap" hackers (bare minimum 24 points for the Nexus) and without a KHD, which means the hacking advantage can be gone very, very quick. Given the fact that Dakini are priced evenly and lose Dogged but gain Mimetism and 6-4, they'd be an autoinclude if a 5-man-link was possible. And honestly BS14 (with link bonus), Marksmanship L2 and Mimetism combined would mean that many factions would lack any kind of troop able to get a better hit-roll than them if both are good range. Imo Dakinis would be the best link in the game by far - which doesn't mean that they shouldn't come. But if they come, I'd expect OSS to be a rather limited sectorial option-wise (just like Onyx) to balance it out.

OSS is playable even now, without access to fireteams and with now new units. What's available to date is simply very efficient and flexible.

As for Dakinis I wouldn't be surprised if that new hacker was both a requirement to link them and on the pricy side to balance them out. We also have no idea what other weapons the Dakinis will get, if any.

Carlos had said they probably wouldnt be getting any new weapons due to them being, and I quote, "Incredibly strong as is."

Maybe they'll release another trooper as line trooper for OSS, less powerful and with 5-man Core Fireteam, while the Danavas can only make a special Fireteam capped at 4 members (Danavas + 3 Dakinis).

most probably they create this hacker for this reason.

6-4 movement hacker with mimetism will be expensive. so 5 man link will be not cheap.

5man dakini link will be really strong.