Col

New Vedic Hacker, with friends!

59 posts in this topic

I think everyone thinking about the Dakini link needs to take Bostria at face value when he said that they aren't getting any more weapon options, because they are strong enough already.

As for the Danava, I think that will end up with a range of devices (similar to Scylla) but probably nothing more than the combi we've seen as a weapon.

1 hour ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

I think everyone thinking about the Dakini link needs to take Bostria at face value when he said that they aren't getting any more weapon options, because they are strong enough already.

I've only listened to the seminar once, but I don't remember him saying that Dakinis won't get additional weapons? Was it in the Q&A portion?

As for the Danava, I think that will end up with a range of devices (similar to Scylla) but probably nothing more than the combi we've seen as a weapon.

Weaponwise, I don't think anyone expects anything from Danava besides a Combi+Pitcher. I know I don't care/mind.

8 hours ago, Hachiman Taro said:

I mean there's not even a model for an Asura combi. C'mon!

A rescuplt of the Asuras is badly needed. I mean... the concept is good and fascinating but putting on the field those minis as ARM5 2W NWI models... feels so wrong!

As a side note... the Danavas are, in hindu mithology, the "good" asuras. The "bad" ones are the Adityas. I'd love to see what a "bad" asura would be in Infinity ;)

6 minutes ago, Punkow said:

A rescuplt of the Asuras is badly needed. I mean... the concept is good and fascinating but putting on the field those minis as ARM5 2W NWI models... feels so wrong!

And that is exactly the idea!

6 minutes ago, Punkow said:

I'd love to see what a "bad" asura would be in Infinity ;)

A Charontid :P

But the concept of good and evil aspects of the same unit is pretty cool. Would like to see it in OSS.

1 hour ago, Punkow said:

As opposed to.. werewolves? ;)

10 hours ago, Nemo No Name said:

I've only listened to the seminar once, but I don't remember him saying that Dakinis won't get additional weapons? Was it in the Q&A portion?

Yep, if you are interested in Vedic then it's well worth listening to that bit at the end.

Yeah the fact Asuras are pocket rockets is part of what appeals to me about them. Just have a hard time making the profiles work in a list for my playstyle.

They're the last thing I would want resulpted though, unless they kept the same style and just improved the definition in the face of the multi. The spitfire is one of my fav madels though. I use her as Drakios!

On topic: That Pitcher is a big deal for Aleph IMHO even without anything else, but possibly a bit anti synergistic in a defensive link. I wonder how good she will be outside the link compared to Thamyris (not that he's OSS anyway).

2 hours ago, AdmiralJCJF said:

Yep, if you are interested in Vedic then it's well worth listening to that bit at the end.

I listened today on the Nessie Knows video, but I think he's missing a chunk of Q&A at the end. There was no talk about OSS in the Q&A part.